Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Covid Thread - NFL Impacts

plenzmd1

6 hours ago, Figster said:

Having Allen scratched from the line up when you just bet your whole life savings on a Bills victory might bring people around to the realization this info might be helpful.

I'm just saying ;  )

Welcome to gambling. Do you know how many unspoken variables go into who does and doesn't play on any given day? Should we alert the gamblers to all of them? I'm sure the coaches would love to share all that inside info with their upcoming opponents. 

If you're stupid enough to bet your whole life savings on a Bills victory, you've got bigger problems then the integrity of gambling. And this is being written by someone who has been absolutely stupid enough to bet money I didn't have on a football game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Welcome to gambling. Do you know how many unspoken variables go into who does and doesn't play on any given day? Should we alert the gamblers to all of them? I'm sure the coaches would love to share all that inside info with their upcoming opponents. 

If you're stupid enough to bet your whole life savings on a Bills victory, you've got bigger problems then the integrity of gambling. And this is being written by someone who has been absolutely stupid enough to bet money I didn't have on a football game.

I see both sides here.

1) The whole reason for daily injury reports and fines for not disclosing injuries etc has always been 100% about gambling and revenue enhancement, even when the NFL insisted gambling was morally reprehensible and all gamblers were going to hell. So if someone not vaxed and carries a greater chance of not playing, that is relevant to the revenue stream of the NFL..even more so now

2) Disclosing VAX status OTOH seems like a step too far...but think it is prolly easy to figure in either case.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I see both sides here.

1) The whole reason for daily injury reports and fines for not disclosing injuries etc has always been 100% about gambling and revenue enhancement, even when the NFL insisted gambling was morally reprehensible and all gamblers were going to hell. So if someone not vaxed and carries a greater chance of not playing, that is relevant to the revenue stream of the NFL..even more so now

2) Disclosing VAX status OTOH seems like a step too far...but think it is prolly easy to figure in either case.

seems all vaxxed can carry and transmit the virus

they are all subject to suspension as well

no pointy in segregating at this point

ditch the testing for all

take their temp every day

stay home if sick

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I see both sides here.

Hmmm I never thought of this being about gambling this year. I thought the NFL was sincere in wanting to keep their players healthy, but now that you pointed it out, I would not be surprised if it is more bottom-line via gambling, especially in light of allowing gambling advertising during broadcasts this year, as well as the the MGM Resorts being the official gambling partner of the Las Vegas Raiders.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

seems all vaxxed can carry and transmit the virus

they are all subject to suspension as well

no pointy in segregating at this point

ditch the testing for all

take their temp every day

stay home if sick

massive difference between vax and unvaxed re the PROTOCOLS and Rules, not the practicality or science behind the protocols.

As we saw this week, unvaxed  quarantined  5 days with a close contact and negative tests...vax not quarantined at all with close contact.

A Vax player who tests Postive that is asymptomatic just needs two negative tests 24 hrs apart and can return, no minimum days out.

Unvaxed out 10 days minimum.

Unvaxed Tested everyday, vax every 14 days( proposed mobe to 7)

Again, not arguing whether these protocols makes sense, but dems the rules right now. ..and I can see it being a factor in a gamblers decision.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

as an aside to the above discussion, Ross Tucker thinks the Bills  vax status is an absolute risk and must be factored into someones bet on win totals. He is convinced it is going to cost the Bills one game this year at least...and that can make YUGE difference between a win and loss on a totals bet!

26 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

massive difference between vax and unvaxed re the PROTOCOLS and Rules, not the practicality or science behind the protocols.

As we saw this week, unvaxed  quarantined  5 days with a close contact and negative tests...vax not quarantined at all with close contact.

A Vax player who tests Postive that is asymptomatic just needs two negative tests 24 hrs apart and can return, no minimum days out.

Unvaxed out 10 days minimum.

Unvaxed Tested everyday, vax every 14 days( proposed mobe to 7)

Again, not arguing whether these protocols makes sense, but dems the rules right now. ..and I can see it being a factor in a gamblers decision.

absolutely the protocols suck

not designed for health, but to push an agenda

but what do you expect after the CDC has provided the NFL with billions of persuasion

9 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I was joking, but ok

• Like 1

Last week we experienced a situation whereby we displayed a bit of inconsistency with the moderation of this thread. While moderation has been mostly consistent, we had not established a clear and concise policy for dealing with the topic.

We understand that people want to discuss COVID as it pertains to the world of the Bills and the rest of the NFL in general. Our goal is to allow that to happen as long as the discussion remains centered around just that. We understand that occasionally tangents are encountered, and the car can get off the tracks. While we intend to allow for a bit of leniency in that regard, please understand that this thread is for 'NFL Impacts.' For sure, it is not something we want to do, but if needed, we will put the car back on the tracks.

You can help us out by trying to keep the discussion on topic. If you feel you would like to discuss COVID where it is not NFL-related, you can always take that discussion to our Current Events sub-forum and specifically, the COVID-19 Viruses and Vaccines thread . That said, we do not want to discourage any discussion thereof, so please do your best, and we will moderate where needed.

Hopefully, this thread will not be needed that much as the season wears on.

Thanks for reading!

• Like 5

Don't have pregame thread for the opener yet, and this genius analysis probably fits better here.

Something in me says that Tomlin wishes this idiot had kept his Covid hot-take off the paper.  Because clearly it's the Bills' star safety who beat up a star WR because of Covid disagreements.  

Mark Madden: Steelers will beat disheveled Bills in Week 1

The Steelers will beat host Buffalo in the opener. The constant covid debate surrounding the Bills has them disheveled. The Steelers are all football. Steelers win. You heard it here.

• Angry 1
  • Haha 1