Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Covid Thread - NFL Impacts

plenzmd1

On 10/4/2021 at 11:17 AM, LB3 said:

Beasley doesn't seem to be a distraction to the team. Plus, he's actually still good at football.

Doesn't seem to be a distraction at the moment, but he's certainly trying his best, and for that he's a selfish @$$h@l&.

• Angry 1

19 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Doesn't seem to be a distraction at the moment, but he's certainly trying his best, and for that he's a selfish @$$h@l&.

While some may think its deserved, it hurt his feelings hearing boos, which I think is only natural. You try to reason with the Bills faithful and Bills fans don't want our players getting sick. They also have to be vaxxed to go to the stadium and Beasley doesn't. Double standards. 

The multi talented Bills WR/ Cole Beasley dabbles in the music industry. The mans beliefs and passions are being compromised by his profession. The mans profession is being compromised by something Cole Beasley didn't ask for, expect or plan on.

I see both sides...

Edited by Figster

3 hours ago, Figster said:

While some may think its deserved, it hurt his feelings hearing boos, which I think is only natural. You try to reason with the Bills faithful and Bills fans don't want our players getting sick. They also have to be vaxxed to go to the stadium and Beasley doesn't. Double standards. 

The multi talented Cole Beasley dabbles in the music industry. The mans beliefs and passions are being compromised by his profession. The mans profession is being compromised by something Cole Beasley didn't ask for, expect or plan on.

I see both sides...

On the booing, if he’s going to ignore 70k people cheering for him and focus on a few guys heckling him, he’s about as thin skinned as my 12 year old daughter.  To me that’s a guy just looking for a reason to bitch and moan.

As for the vaccine, he’s free to do as he choses (or should be).  My problem is by continuing to publicly rant about vaccines, he’s choosing to put his beliefs ahead of what’s good for his team.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

On the booing, if he’s going to ignore 70k people cheering for him and focus on a few guys heckling him, he’s about as thin skinned as my 12 year old daughter.  To me that’s a guy just looking for a reason to bitch and moan.

As for the vaccine, he’s free to do as he choses (or should be).  My problem is by continuing to publicly rant about vaccines, he’s choosing to put his beliefs ahead of what’s good for his team.

I agree with most of your points. That said, I dont know your daughter so I can no comment. To assume would be to judge her based on he pronoun. 

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
16 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

It strikes me as less of a "Cole Beasley" problem, and more of a "social media" problem.

Half the "problems" in the world could be solved by your average schmuck walking away from his computer/tablet/phone.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, KD in CA said:

1st off I just want to say Augies burning bacon in the shoutbox. Hes good that way.

We as a nation have men and woman in uniform ready to give their lives protecting and preserving our freedoms. Like many fallen heroes before them. So despite my personal feelings on the subject of vaccines. What someone else has chosen to do with his or her freedoms is something we should all stand for IMO. Even when we don't like it, or it means personal sacrifice.

If you want to talk about the greater good...  

Edited by Figster

another victim of the weekly NFL staged super spreader events

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/12/eagles-place-dallas-goedert-on-covid-19-list/

The Eagles announced they’ve placed the tight end on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

According to NFL Media’s Mike Garafolo, Goedert is vaccinated — which means he’s been placed on the list due to a positive test.

• Sad 1

the jab does not seem to be working in Arizona 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cardinals-chandler-jones-placed-on-reservecovid-19-list-putting-status-for-week-6-vs-browns-in-jeopardy/

The Arizona Cardinals may be without one of their top pass rushers this week as Chandler Jones was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list Tuesday. While Jones' Week 6 status for Sunday's game against the Cleveland Browns is up in the air, there is an opportunity he can play. 

Jones is vaccinated, per Chuck Harris of USA Today, so he could play if he tests negative twice 24 hours apart by Saturday.

Jones is the 18th Cardinals player to test positive for COVID-19 since camp opened in July. Tight end Darrell Daniels, who has been on the COVID list twice, was activated from the list Tuesday. 

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2021 at 9:16 PM, Spartacus said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cardinals-chandler-jones-placed-on-reservecovid-19-list-putting-status-for-week-6-vs-browns-in-jeopardy/

The Arizona Cardinals may be without one of their top pass rushers this week as Chandler Jones was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list Tuesday. While Jones' Week 6 status for Sunday's game against the Cleveland Browns is up in the air, there is an opportunity he can play. 

Jones is vaccinated, per Chuck Harris of USA Today, so he could play if he tests negative twice 24 hours apart by Saturday.

Jones is the 18th Cardinals player to test positive for COVID-19 since camp opened in July. Tight end Darrell Daniels, who has been on the COVID list twice, was activated from the list Tuesday. 

sounds like they had an outbreak in the building, a super spreader event. Good thing the NFL basically forced everyone to get vaccinated so this very thing wouldn’t happen.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/15/kliff-kingsbury-tests-positive-for-covid-wont-coach-this-weekend/

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports that Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury has tested positive for COVID, and he will not be present for Sunday’s game against the Browns.

Cardinals defensive end Chandler Jones already is expected to miss the game due to a COVID diagnosis. Not having Kingsbury will make it even harder to win.

• Haha 1

Jabba The Hutt
On 10/4/2021 at 9:52 PM, GG1 said:

Is the NFL serious about the Cancer PSA, because more people are getting later stage diagnoses?   Why is that NFL?

Allopathy is losing that sweet sweet cancer money...gotta beg. 

On 10/14/2021 at 9:16 PM, Spartacus said:

More than players

covid.jpg.1c64654b6e1214c1653f5d295b4b8a77.jpg

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Two teams going into games this week without their HC. I think Arizona has the bigger challenge, even though Chubb is out for Cleveland, because I think we're seeing why Denver started 3-0.

I would not be surprised to see both AZ and the Raiders get wins without the HC on the sideline.

https://www.outkick.com/new-data-shows-packed-stadiums-have-not-been-superspreader-events/

If you take Twitter for real life, you were probably fed this nonsense, but NBC’s Shaquille Brewster is reporting that the large, unmasked crowds have not contributed to a spike in COVID-19 cases. Brewster says that all college football states in the south have reported a decline in cases since the start of the season. That includes Florida, which has seen hospitalizations fall 64% since last month, despite routinely seeing Florida fans pack The Swamp with 90,000 plus for every home game. But, but DeathSantis, right?

Wrong. The nation’s top doctors were wrong again, forcing many of them to backtrack on their concerns from over a month ago. That includes Dr. Anthony Fauci, who agreed with MSNBC’s Joy Reid in thinking that COVID-19 would have a “feast” on the large crowds.

The large crowds expand far beyond the south, with college football stadiums seeing full crowds across the country, proving that most people are over the hysteria. The result has been an electric atmosphere at games that was missing in 2020.

Brewster said that doctors have contributed the decline to three things: open air venues, rise in vaccinations and more natural immunity after the Delta variant swept through younger populations.

With open air venues proving to not be superspreaders, the COVID-19 mob has now turned their attention to the large indoor events that are returning. That includes the NBA and NHL, who have begun play. Be on the lookout for more fearmongering to take place once Fauci and other doctors see the looks of maskless faces across indoor venues.

good thing they got jabbed for the "protection".

may be a whole lot more positive tests coming with the whole team getting tested every day

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/15/cardinals-g-m-steve-keim-tests-positive-for-covid-19/

The Cardinals have had more COVID-19 cases in 2021 than they did in 2020. Add another name to the list.

NFL Media reports that General Manager Steve Keim is the latest member of the organization to test positive. He will not make the trip to Cleveland this week.

The Cardinals have had 19 players, three of them twice, placed on the COVID-19 reserve list this year, Howard Balzer of SI.com reports. They also have had four coaches and three staff members test positive.

Coach Kliff Kingsbury tested positive earlier Friday as did quarterbacks coach Cam Turner and defensive tackle Zach Allen. The Cardinals placed edge rusher Chandler Jones on the COVID-19 reserve list Tuesday.

Defensive coordinator Vance Joseph and assistant head coach/special teams coordinator Jeff Rodgers will split head coaching responsibilities, the team announced. Offensive line coach/run game coordinator Sean Kugler will play a role with offensive playcalling.

The Cardinals, though, now are in enhanced protocols, which, among other things, means everybody regardless of vaccination status will undergo daily testing.