Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Covid Thread - NFL Impacts

plenzmd1

Crap Throwing Clavin
34 minutes ago, Cinga said:

We've reached a point in all of this that it is now the vaccinated who are the overwhelming major carriers and spreaders of this virus, especially the over 60 crowd

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanepe/article/PIIS2666-7762(21)00258-1/fulltext

I'm thinking maybe the vaccine isn't particularly effective.

At least, according to the definition of "vaccine" that stood for centuries before the CDC changed it this year.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

At least, according to the definition of "vaccine" that stood for centuries before the CDC changed it this year.

Vaccine didn't use to mean something that makes the symptoms of a disease milder in some cases?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I think the vaccine (and naturally-acquired immunity) is effectively keeping NYC open and not shut down, despite worse infection numbers than March/April, 2020.  At this point, it is individual business decisions whether to stay open or not.  And that's progress.

Beer__League__Hockey
2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Vaccine didn't use to mean something that makes the symptoms of a disease milder in some cases?

Then we have had 60-80 years of misinformed people, including you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cinga said:

We've reached a point in all of this that it is now the vaccinated who are the overwhelming major carriers and spreaders of this virus, especially the over 60 crowd

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanepe/article/PIIS2666-7762(21)00258-1/fulltext

coincidentally,

the rollout of the jab coincided with the explosion of the Delta,

just like Omicron is roaring just as the booster shots are booming. 

seems a jab or booster shot is an invitation  to the variant of the month club

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Spartacus said:

coincidentally,

Its the gift that keeps on giving all year long Clark!

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

14 hours ago, Spartacus said:

coincidentally,

It's actually pretty crappy since the CDC quit tracking who was vaxxed or not when they got sick and if they have started again I can't find. However I have found that the UK Health Dept publishes a report weekly and it is quite damning of the vaccine if you read between the lines. You can find them here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccine-weekly-surveillance-reports

And last week report, published Dec 23 is here:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1043608/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_51.pdf

You can of course read through it if you want, but to save time just jump back to page 36, Table 8 and look at those numbers. It looks like the UK has few vaxxed under 18 so the # of them in the Not Vaccinated column is quite high compared to the vaccinated columns. But look at the rest of the age groups. Every one of them you have a lot more vaxxed infected than unvaxxed. The UK gives some lame well, "stands to reason since more are vaxxed" but I'm sorry, these numbers should be disturbing to literally everyone. 

So I took those numbers and added them to an Excel so I could add a couple rows and a column. The column totals the different vax levels, the rows shows totals of each column, the other shows totals excluding the under 18 group.

image.thumb.png.e887515a641ffff9cff8c26b2e4fd5eb.png

As you know I can't attach the sheet but here is the image. Totals show almost twice as many vaxxed infected as unvaxxed, but look when I take out the under 18 and it is now almost 6 fold more vaxxed infected.

19 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Nope, as Beer alludes to below the CDC just changes the definition of vaccine a couple weeks ago from "makes you immune" to something like "helps to lessen symptoms"... 

Edited by Cinga
  • Wow 1

3 minutes ago, Cinga said:

It's actually pretty crappy since the CDC quit tracking who was vaxxed or not when they got sick and if they have started again I can't find. However I have found that the UK Health Dept publishes a report weekly and it is quite damning of the vaccine if you read between the lines. You can find them here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccine-weekly-surveillance-reports

And last week report, published Dec 23 is here:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1043608/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_51.pdf

You can of course read through it if you want, but to save time just jump back to page 36, Table 8 and look at those numbers. It looks like the UK has few vaxxed under 18 so the # of them in the Not Vaccinated column is quite high compared to the vaccinated columns. But look at the rest of the age groups. Every one of them you have a lot more vaxxed infected than unvaxxed. The UK gives some lame well, "stands to reason since more are vaxxed" but I'm sorry, these numbers should be disturbing to literally everyone. 

So I took those numbers and added them to an Excel so I could add a couple rows and a column. The column totals the different vax levels, the rows, on shows totals of each column, the other shows totals excluding the under 18 group.

image.thumb.png.e887515a641ffff9cff8c26b2e4fd5eb.png

As you know I can't attach the sheet but here is the image. Totals show almost twice as many vaxxed infected as unvaxxed, but look when I take out the under 18 and it is now almost 6 fold more vaxxed infected.

Nope, as Beer alludes to below the CDC just changes the definition of vaccine a couple weeks ago from "makes you immune" to something like "helps to lessen symptoms"... 

I thought the sarcasm was obvious but it doesn't look like thats a thing here.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Beer__League__Hockey said:

Then we have had 60-80 years of misinformed people, including you.

That or you couldn't identify sarcasm to save your own life. 

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

I thought the sarcasm was obvious but it doesn't look like thats a thing here.

I guess many of us are just too seriously pissed off by this whole thing. Especially now that it's beginning to look really bad for us the next couple weeks at least and all due to some arbitrary decision by the league

• Like 1