Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Covid Thread - NFL Impacts

plenzmd1

7 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Aaron Rodgers is now claiming the NFL has been using Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine to cure infected players.

https://www.wnd.com/2021/12/aaron-rodgers-bombshell-nfl-secretly-administering-derided-covid-drugs/

ALL QUACKERY!

https://www.wnd.com/2021/12/aaron-rodgers-bombshell-nfl-secretly-administering-derided-covid-drugs/

Along with ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine, Rodgers was treated for COVID-19 with monoclonal antibodies, zinc, and vitamins C and D. The Packers star told McAfee the treatment was recommended by podcaster and friend Joe Rogan, who recovered quickly from his own bout with COVID-19.

"I'm not some uneducated person who's throwing stuff out there," Rodgers said. "If you want to rip on me because I took horse dewormer, and whatever else you want to talk about, that's fine. But I also got better in 48 hours. And I had symptoms."

5 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Aaron Rodgers is now claiming the NFL has been using Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine to cure infected players.

I don't know that that's exactly what he said. He said, "I do know, behind the scenes — this is 100% true — there are many teams who are using or recommending a lot of the same treatments that I got for their players,". And by listening to him speak, it appears that he was correcting himself from 'using' to recommending'.

The headline stating the NFL is 'administering' other courses of treatment is demonstrably false. They may indeed be but there is no proof of that from the context of that interview.

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I don't know that that's exactly what he said. He said, "I do know, behind the scenes — this is 100% true — there are many teams who are using or recommending a lot of the same treatments that I got for their players,". And by listening to him speak, it appears that he was correcting himself from 'using' to recommending'.

The headline stating the NFL is 'administering' other courses of treatment is demonstrably false. They may indeed be but there is no proof of that from the context of that interview.

WorldNetDaily quoting a single statement, without context, by Aaron Rodgers to Pat McAfee.

That's a half-step above "translated by a hydrocephalic marmot."

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Okay, so recommending... If a team doctor recommends a cure, do you think many are going to refuse it? And I guess we'll see... Now that Rodgers has spoken out, perhaps we'll start to hear from others. 

And for the record Rodgers says he was treated with:

Along with ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine, Rodgers was treated for COVID-19 with monoclonal antibodies, zinc, and vitamins C and D. The Packers star told McAfee the treatment was recommended by podcaster and friend Joe Rogan, who recovered quickly from his own bout with COVID-19.

"I'm not some uneducated person who's throwing stuff out there," Rodgers said. "If you want to rip on me because I took horse dewormer, and whatever else you want to talk about, that's fine. But I also got better in 48 hours. And I had symptoms."

So with the entire pharmacy in use, we really don't know which was the effective one in Rodgers treatment. But we know from himself that Mongo got the monoclonal antibody treatment but maybe not the rest of the drug store or at least he didn't tell us that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

WorldNetDaily quoting a single statement, without context, by Aaron Rodgers to Pat McAfee.

There is a 5 minute audio for context

10 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

And... they didn't even quote him correctly. Had they, it may have provided further fodder for their misplaced headline.

17 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Okay, so recommending... If a team doctor recommends a cure, do you think many are going to refuse it? And I guess we'll see... Now that Rodgers has spoken out, perhaps we'll start to hear from others. 

And for the record Rodgers says he was treated with:

So with the entire pharmacy in use, we really don't know which was the effective one in Rodgers treatment. But we know from himself that Mongo got the monoclonal antibody treatment but maybe not the rest of the drug store or at least he didn't tell us that.

I am not disputing there may be and probably are more effective treatments out there. My contention is the portrayal of what is actually what. Sites that utilize sensational headlines that misrepresent actual content within the article to garner clicks are not my most favorite places to garner information from.

They actually do more harm to truth than anything because they give the otherside of the argument (whatever/whoever that may be) ammunition to say they are peddling fake news and ultimately undermine the truth that is contained in the message.

Unfortunately, in my opinion,, WND has a long history of histrionics such as this.

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I am not disputing there may be and probably are more effective treatments out there. My contention is the portrayal of what is actually what. Sites that utilize sensational headlines that misrepresent actual content within the article to garner clicks are not my most favorite places to garner information from.

They actually do more harm to truth than anything because they give the otherside of the argument (whatever/whoever that may be) ammunition to say they are peddling fake news and ultimately undermine the truth that is contained in the message.

Unfortunately, in my opinion,, WND has a long history of histrionics such as this.

I think headlines regardless of who it is sensationalize to get as many clicks as possible. WND is no different in this than CNN, Fox News, Politico or Breitbart.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

2 minutes ago, Cinga said:

I think headlines regardless of who it is sensationalize to get as many clicks as possible. WND is no different in this than CNN, Fox News, Politico or Breitbart.

To be clear, I have no use for any of those sites mentioned. You are correct though, in today's world, one has to utilize critical thinking at all times.

• Like 1