Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Covid Thread - NFL Impacts

plenzmd1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Sig1Hunter said:

What did he have before? Pre-covid?

Probably just wasn't tested for COVID until now.

It makes no sense to not put a guy you know has COVID on the COVID reserve list.  Even in "Belichick's a genius you're incapable of understanding without being a Pats fan" fantasy land.

https://www.outkick.com/a-christmas-miracle-lebron-james-agrees-with-clay-travis-on-covid-points-out-nbas-idiocy-with-handling-cases/

Serious question since I’m not a dr. If omicron is contagious but not deadly(25,000 cases in Africa with no deaths) why try and control it? Why not let it go and let people get it and develop immunity? Especially for those who won’t get vaccinated? Pls no hate, I’m just curious.

so the NFL admits you've got to be sick to transmit - you know viral load

yet, they continue to follow useless protocols designed to force players out of games

games in which there have been no transmission.

why is that?

who is funding  such faulty protocols?

https://www.outkick.com/no-spread-of-covid-in-asymptomatic-players-nfl-chief-medical-officer-says/

Sills said in an interview with NFL Network that while the league is battling the latest COVID surge, “the overall pattern and concern about transmission, it is not being driven by people who have no idea that they are infected and they are infecting scores of others. This is being driven by people with symptoms and the exposures during that symptomatic period.”

“I think all of our concern about [asymptomatic spread] has been going down based on what we’ve been seeing throughout the past several months,” Sills told ESPN. “We’ve got our hands full with symptomatic people. Can I tell you tonight that there has never been a case when someone without symptoms passed it on to someone else? No, of course I can’t say that. But what I can say to you is that I think it’s a very, very tiny fraction of the overall problem, if it exists at all.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Probably just wasn't tested for COVID until now.

It makes no sense to not put a guy you know has COVID on the COVID reserve list.  Even in "Belichick's a genius you're incapable of understanding without being a Pats fan" fantasy land.

It would give some extra time for his close contacts to steer clear of tests.

• Wow 1

NFL CMO Dr. Allen Sills 'pleased' players self-reporting COVID-19 symptoms

</snip>

NFL chief medical officer Dr. Allen Sills described himself as "pleased" at the way players have self-reported their own symptoms, leading to testing and eventually several players landing on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

"I am pleased to see the system working the way we set it up," Sills said Friday. "We do believe in community responsibility to your team and your teammates. I am personally pleased to see people come forward and say, 'Hey, I don't feel well', and recognize that they must make sure they are not endangering anyone else. It's a great lesson, and I think a model for how we should be in the outside world, in schools, in business. The reality is, those in the NFL who have symptoms should get checked and tested and treated as such so they don't expose others. This is our path forward."

Over the past two weeks, there have been 370 players placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Over the last week, the numbers actually eclipsed the previous week.

</snip>

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, devnull said:

One of the replies to that claims it's a sexist comment against Erin Andrews.

They must have borrowed my Magic Intersectionality 8-Ball.

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

One of the replies to that claims it's a sexist comment against Erin Andrews.

They must have borrowed my Magic Intersectionality 8-Ball.

Without your knowledge?