Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Barstool sports top 100:

90) OT Dion Dawkins - Buffalo Bills (2021 Rank: NR)

The Bills are a powerhouse offense and Josh Allen is incredible as is their receiving corps, but a big reason why they're able to operate at such a high level is Allen's blindside usually an afterthought due to Dion Dawkins. He's nimble and powerful and this block below was a candidate for my illustrious Block of the Year.

• Like 1

The NFL's top 12 centers

10. Mitch Morse, Buffalo Bills

During almost his entire NFL career, Mitch Morse has been considered among the NFL’s top centers. Drafted in the second round out of Missouri in the 2015 NFL draft by the Kansas City Chiefs, he spent four seasons in the AFC West, earning the starting center spot as a rookie in 2015 and never looking back.

Morse signed with the Buffalo Bills as a free agent prior to the 2019 season, signing a deal which made him the highest-paid center in the game. Playing in front of Josh Allen, and in an offense that focuses on throwing the football, Morse’s pass-blocking skills are a huge boost to the Buffalo offense. Pro Football Focus charted him with just a pair of sacks allowed last season, and studying him in pass protection illuminates a master of his craft.

Here against the New England Patriots in the playoffs, watch as he sets and re-anchors against a blitzing linebacker:

{video}

Here against the Tennessee Titans, watch as his quick lateral movement combined with a strong punch with his hands allows him to control the defender, giving Josh Allen a window to hit Stefon Diggs for a touchdown:

{video}

Expectations are high in Buffalo for the Bills this season, and it starts with protection Allen. Bills fans will be hoping for another solid campaign from Morse up front to get it all going.

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It makes me wonder, though...how do you define "pressure" on a QB that can avoid pressure like Josh Allen does?

Alaska Darin
5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It makes me wonder, though...how do you define "pressure" on a QB that can avoid pressure like Josh Allen does?

It's PFF...so any guess you toss out there is likely a more accurate metric.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's PFF...so any guess you toss out there is likely a more accurate metric.

Clearly they're in error, since Dawkins' OBF DAB POMA AP(LT)ANM* is 3.5.

*Allowed Pressure (Left Tackle) Adjusted Newtonian Mean

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Clearly they're in error, since Dawkins' OBF DAB POMA AP(LT)ANM* is 3.5.

*Allowed Pressure (Left Tackle) Adjusted Newtonian Mean

Yeah but I heard he's a left guard so there is that.

2 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Yeah but I heard he's a left guard so there is that.

but he'll take a pay cut, and like it to play LG

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I remember that from Kroger's first roundabout with the Bills, too.

I don't remember what happened to him back them.  Was he just a victim of the Rex Ryan purge?

Alaska Darin
5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I don't remember what happened to him back them.  Was he just a victim of the Rex Ryan purge?

His contract expired at the end of the 2016 season and I think there was some residual from his arrest (charges later dropped).

I think McDermott wanted his own guy, which is pretty normal (and a mistake in hindsight).

• Like 2

Billsandhorns
On 7/27/2022 at 10:26 AM, Alaska Darin said:

On 7/27/2022 at 1:29 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Guess spell check must be a bitch I'm pretty sure his name is Kromer . If I remember correctly chair gate did him in and the head coach change did not help

Edited by Billsandhorns