Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Gardening / Homesteading

The Guy In Pants

The Guy In Pants
On 6/11/2022 at 9:46 PM, CarpetCrawler said:

Good luck, I hope everything comes out in your favor. Keep us posted....

Thanks brother. Long time no talk. 

Hit a snag on 45 acres and working through that. Apparently a family dispute amongst the shared interest. Yay.

• Like 2

CarpetCrawler
8 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Thanks brother. Long time no talk. 

Hit a snag on 45 acres and working through that. Apparently a family dispute amongst the shared interest. Yay.

Been busy marrying off my daughter and helping my son find a job after college graduation.. I've got both of them behind me, and I can relax and plan my retirement now. 

I hope you get that family dispute behind you soon too, what was the snag?  I know it's going to be a mess between my wife and her sister when my mother-in-law passes, not looking forward to that at all.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Been busy marrying off my daughter and helping my son find a job after college graduation.. I've got both of them behind me, and I can relax and plan my retirement now. 

Congratulations! 

• Like 1

CarpetCrawler
1 minute ago, Ann said:

Congratulations! 

Thanks, it's been a busy and expensive year so far, but worth every second of time and every penny spent. 

😁😁😁😁😁

• Like 1

The Guy In Pants
9 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I hope you get that family dispute behind you soon too, what was the snag?  I know it's going to be a mess between my wife and her sister when my mother-in-law passes, not looking forward to that at all.

Good to hear the family is well and the stress of a wedding and post college are over! Congrats to all. 

We decided last night that we weren't going to pursue it. We read police reports and court docs of the whole deal. Disaster. Not sure how people like this always get the breaks. Wasting all that property and spreading their white trash crime around the area. Worthless. Useless. Trash.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

We're now six weeks into the pigs, and I have to admit it's a great thing at which to have a front row seat.

First of all, they're funny as shit. They're fast and strong and nimble, yet absolutely revel in eating anything you put in front of them, shoving each other into mud holes, and all but sumo wrestling each other.

And essentially overnight their eating went into hyperdrive. It's astounding how much they eat. Otherworldly.

So my wife arranged with the local grocer to get their 'throw away' produce at the end of the day; veggies, apples, watermelons, tomatoes, bananas, etc. Great way to lower food costs and put to use something that was essentially going into the trash anyway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

Jabba The Hutt
26 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

We're now six weeks into the pigs, and I have to admit it's a great thing at which to have a front row seat.

First of all, they're funny as shit. They're fast and strong and nimble, yet absolutely revel in eating anything you put in front of them, shoving each other into mud holes, and all but sumo wrestling each other.

And essentially overnight their eating went into hyperdrive. It's astounding how much they eat. Otherworldly.

So my wife arranged with the local grocer to get their 'throw away' produce at the end of the day; veggies, apples, watermelons, tomatoes, bananas, etc. Great way to lower food costs and put to use something that was essentially going into the trash anyway.

Super smart animals as well.

• Like 3

The Guy In Pants

Been an exciting weekend. We were pretty defeated with the issues that arose with the land we were looking at. We were sitting on the couch and I was watching a DIY Youtube vid for some idea around the house and my wife said "shut the front door". I replied that it was shut. I was not paying attention......she meant "holy shit". I asked her what was wrong and she said land just listed 3 hours ago and showed me the pics. I texted our real estate agent and asked to see it first thing Sunday morning. We had a confirmation for 8am. I couldn't sleep. 

We arrived and the property begins with a large heated and cooled 3 bay work shop down at the road. Behind that; two lean-to's for tractor and trailer storage. The gated drive continues through some trees and continues for about 1500 feet. Going up the driveway there are pastures with run in shed, fencing and gates on the left that back up to the tree line. To the right; a large open area a mobile home had once sat. The drive slowly ascends a small grade and the top over looks 28 acres of wide open fields, a barn with water and power, a hay storage barn and a cattle sorting shed. Trees all the way around the perimeter. A small creek on the right property line. A 3/4 acre spring fed pond on the left. The fields are currently baled and the hay is sold by a local farmer. Its flat for the most part with slight rolling hills. The soil is PERFECT for my gardens. 

Too good to be true? Maybe. I am sure there will be a bidding war so we told our relator just to go in with the max we could afford and pray. Everything happens for a reason. Regardless of what happens; have to stay thankful. It's beautiful though. Gorgeous. looked up offenders and crime; nothing of substance within 2 miles over the last 2 years. Very quiet. 

Planning where to put everything and maybe getting a little ahead of myself but, that spot the mobile home was has power and water; thinking about putting a produce/flower stand right there and sell my woodworking and farm products there. A little work needed on the barn but doable. Part of the original farm from around the 1940;s but sturdy. The pond is clear and beautiful. I will stock it. I sat next to it for a bit and a doe came out of the trees just a bit and stood there. Felt like a damn movie. Funny Farm comes to mind "release the deer".

Edited by The Guy In Pants
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Been an exciting weekend. We were pretty defeated with the issues that arose with the land we were looking at. We were sitting on the couch and I was watching a DIY Youtube vid for some idea around the house and my wife said "shut the front door". I replied that it was shut. I was not paying attention......she meant "holy shit". I asked her what was wrong and she said land just listed 3 hours ago and showed me the pics. I texted our real estate agent and asked to see it first thing Sunday morning. We had a confirmation for 8am. I couldn't sleep. 

We arrived and the property begins with a large heated and cooled 3 bay work shop down at the road. Behind that; two lean-to's for tractor and trailer storage. The gated drive continues through some trees and continues for about 1500 feet. Going up the driveway there are pastures with run in shed, fencing and gates on the left that back up to the tree line. To the right; a large open area a mobile home had once sat. The drive slowly ascends a small grade and the top over looks 28 acres of wide open fields, a barn with water and power, a hay storage barn and a cattle sorting shed. Trees all the way around the perimeter. A small creek on the right property line. A 3/4 acre spring fed pond on the left. The fields are currently baled and the hay is sold by a local farmer. Its flat for the most part with slight rolling hills. The soil is PERFECT for my gardens. 

Too good to be true? Maybe. I am sure there will be a bidding war so we told our relator just to go in with the max we could afford and pray. Everything happens for a reason. Regardless of what happens; have to stay thankful. It's beautiful though. Gorgeous. looked up offenders and crime; nothing of substance within 2 miles over the last 2 years. Very quiet. 

Planning where to put everything and maybe getting a little ahead of myself but, that spot the mobile home was has power and water; thinking about putting a produce/flower stand right there and sell my woodworking and farm products there. A little work needed on the barn but doable. Part of the original farm from around the 1940;s but sturdy. The pond is clear and beautiful. I will stock it. I sat next to it for a bit and a doe came out of the trees just a bit and stood there. Felt like a damn movie. Funny Farm comes to mind "release the deer".

Good luck! I hope you get it.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

CarpetCrawler
5 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Fingers, toes and anything else that can be crossed are all crossed for you my friend. I hope this works out for you, you deserve some good to come along.

Keep us posted.....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Jabba The Hutt
8 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

I'll be praying you get it:pray2:

• Like 1

The Guy In Pants
7 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Fingers, toes and anything else that can be crossed are all crossed for you my friend. I hope this works out for you, you deserve some good to come along.

Keep us posted.....

Thank you!

The Guy In Pants

Offer is in. 2 more coming in today according to our realtor and more showings tomorrow. Said the decision will be made by 6pm tomorrow.

The last time this happened to us; we also were the first to put an offer in. Investors make it almost impossible for the regular folks to get what they’re looking for. I explained to my wife that we’ve done our due diligence and it’s up to God for this to happen. It will or won’t be. If we lose it though; she’s going to be very disappointed. As will I. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Offer is in. 2 more coming in today according to our realtor and more showings tomorrow. Said the decision will be made by 6pm tomorrow.

The last time this happened to us; we also were the first to put an offer in. Investors make it almost impossible for the regular folks to get what they’re looking for. I explained to my wife that we’ve done our due diligence and it’s up to God for this to happen. It will or won’t be. If we lose it though; she’s going to be very disappointed. As will I. 

Add a couple meadcoins to the offer

• Haha 3

CarpetCrawler
18 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Do you know anything about the current owners? Sometimes a simple note included with your offer can make a difference, just something short and simple.

• Like 1