Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Gardening / Homesteading

The Guy In Pants

The Guy In Pants
7 minutes ago, Ann said:

I am so sorry.

Just defeated. Oh well I suppose. Emptied my Amazon cart of the stuff I added for some fencing there to fix lol

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Once again; lost it. 

Sorry bro.

As a fellow Bills fan I didn't want to wish you luck earlier and jinx you.

As they say, it wasn't meant to be. 

• Like 1

CarpetCrawler

Once again; lost it. 

All things happen for a reason, this wasn't meant to be. Better things will come.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The Guy In Pants
7 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Sorry bro.

As a fellow Bills fan I didn't want to wish you luck earlier and jinx you.

As they say, it wasn't meant to be. 

Thanks 

It’s ok. Stings a bit but will wait and see what else comes available.

• Like 1

The Guy In Pants
Just now, CarpetCrawler said:

All things happen for a reason, this wasn't meant to be. Better things will come.

Thanks I’m not sure it gets better than that one lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

CarpetCrawler
1 minute ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Thanks I’m not sure it gets better than that one lol

You'll make it better.

• Cheers 1
  • Love 1

The Guy In Pants
1 minute ago, CarpetCrawler said:

You'll make it better.

Appreciate it. We will keep looking and maybe something else will be listed. 

• Love 1

The Guy In Pants

Would someone knows about real estate investment companies and what they do in partnerships with municipalities; please PM me I have a question and don't want to derail the thread talking about it. Thanks 

The Guy In Pants

In anticipation of being able to do what we hope to do in the future, I created a logo and a website. Took off better than I thought. Just started so not much on here yet. https://owlcreekfarmnc.com/

The name comes from my wife's family. Her great grandfather and grandfather used to farm the property. There is a small creek behind the property and we have an abundance of owls. Would still be a wonderful place if they would stop moving out of the city and rezoning everything for shopping centers and apartments. They just keep spreading. 

Edited by The Guy In Pants
  • Like 1
  • FANtastic 2
  • Love 1

CarpetCrawler
7 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

In anticipation of being able to do what we hope to do in the future, I created a logo and a website. Took off better than I thought. Just started so not much on here yet. https://owlcreekfarmnc.com/

The name comes from my wife's family. Her great grandfather and grandfather used to farm the property. There is a small creek behind the property and we have an abundance of owls. Would still be a wonderful place if they would stop moving out of the city and rezoning everything for shopping centers and apartments. They just keep spreading. 

Great concept, I think you have a winner there. Keep expanding it, it's good.

Love the Jefferson quote and how it works back to the name of the farm. :cheers:

• Cheers 2

The Guy In Pants
6 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Great concept, I think you have a winner there. Keep expanding it, it's good.

Love the Jefferson quote and how it works back to the name of the farm. :cheers:

Thank you! It’s a work in process for sure. I want to start doing videos but it’s finding the time haha

• Like 1

Thank you! It’s a work in process for sure. I want to start doing videos but it’s finding the time haha

A few words of advice…

If you want to grow to either make money or help people (not mutually exclusive) learn the basics of SEO (stupid simple SEO is a cheap course that is a good start). Make sure your site map is correct, install google analytics. 

Never use a photo you do not own, even with credit, unless you have paid for usage (depositphotos is cheap). Watermark all the photos you have personally taken before you upload them (canva and pic monkey are cheap and easy to use). 

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

The Guy In Pants
6 hours ago, Ann said:

A few words of advice…

If you want to grow to either make money or help people (not mutually exclusive) learn the basics of SEO (stupid simple SEO is a cheap course that is a good start). Make sure your site map is correct, install google analytics. 

Never use a photo you do not own, even with credit, unless you have paid for usage (depositphotos is cheap). Watermark all the photos you have personally taken before you upload them (canva and pic monkey are cheap and easy to use). 

Good luck!

Thank you!  I did purchased a commercial license for the owl in the logo before I customized it all. I am going to check out depositphotos. I appreciate the info and I will go ahead and watermark the photos already there. I'll review the site map. I'm still getting the hang of Godaddy. Appreciate the advice very much!

Edited by The Guy In Pants
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Thank you!  I did purchased a commercial license for the owl in the logo before I customized it all. I am going to check out depositphotos. I appreciate the info and I will go ahead and watermark the photos already there. I'll review the site map. I'm still getting the hang of Godaddy. Appreciate the advice very much!

Once you develop a following and possibly make some money off that website, get off godaddy. The customer service is terrible. 

PM me with any questions you might have. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 1

On 6/27/2022 at 7:18 AM, The Guy In Pants said:

image.jpeg.9a63ac8cbf163682bb9682e7d319a6a6.jpeg

This photo is hysterical. Walking into the chicken run holding carrot tops is like walking into Sundowner holding a fistful of 20s.

• Haha 2

The Guy In Pants
19 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

This photo is hysterical. Walking into the chicken run holding carrot tops is like walking into Sundowner holding a fistful of 20s.

HAHAHA! Much like those receiving the $20's; they loved the carrot tops

MothersMilk
13 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

HAHAHA! Much like those receiving the $20's; they loved the carrot tops

You must hang out at pricey strip clubs. 

Wonder how carrot tops affect the taste of the eggs.

• Haha 1

The Guy In Pants
10 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

You must hang out at pricey strip clubs. 

Wonder how carrot tops affect the taste of the eggs.

🤣

I am not sure how much of an effect they'll have on them. All i know right now is they are so damn good