Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2021 Sabres Offseason

ComradeKayAdams

So no need for NHL.TV this year. Have no idea if this will include local pre and post games as the streaming package did, but I already have ESPN + so this ins a bonus. 

I’m not so sure I can stomach paying a single dollar for the team they’ll be putting on the ice this year. I’ll watch through the center ice free trial and then decide from there. 

18 minutes ago, shrader said:

I’m not so sure I can stomach paying a single dollar for the team they’ll be putting on the ice this year. I’ll watch through the center ice free trial and then decide from there. 

No more Center Ice.  All games now on ESPN+

3 hours ago, GG1 said:

No more Center Ice.  All games now on ESPN+

Not true.  NHL.tv is no more (or is a part of the ESPN+ bundle, which would effectively be the same thing).

Center Ice for cable/ TV still exists and the price (at least for renewals) has been ~ cut in half.

Thing is, there are supposedly a lot of ESPN+ Exclusive games which presumably won't be available on CI.

Seems there will be ~ the same # of TNT Exclusive games as there were NBC Exclusives, so that won't really effect it.  Those ESPN+/Hulu exclusives may make CI a ripoff at any price.  

Tried getting info on what exactly is included w/ CI on line today & there isn't much info.  Might cancel it & then re-up if there's value to it.

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Also, tonight's preseason game in C-bus will be on the Sabres website.

Can watch on my phone, but spinning circle on the laptop.  

Got it to work in incognito mode. 

Edited by GG1

1 minute ago, GG1 said:

Can watch on my phone, but spinning circle on the laptop.

Doing fine on my laptop.  But the sound is very wonky.  They're using the BJ's web video, presumably, and the BJ's radio broadcast.

BJ's up 1-0.

Bjorkstrand w/ the goal.

21 hours ago, GG1 said:

What happened?  I walked away when it was 2-4 and 2 mins to go.

Sabres forced OT!

Apparently the BJ's 4th goalie is as bad as the Sabres "2nd" goalie.

We might seriously see Tokarski as the backup for most of this season.  That's scary because though his is a great story there are real weaknesses that opponents can exploit.  If he's their 3rd goalie, no issues.  But if he's the 2 (& have yet to see Dell or UPL play better than him), the Sabres have issues.

I never though I'd say it, but can I get a temporary dispensation from rooting for this soul-sucking team?  A one-year conversion to some other team?  As bad as the Bills ever were, I never considered this as an option.  Before 2004, I never considered giving up on the Red Sox.  Even before this offseason, I never thought to bail on them.  That's how bad the Sabres situation is right now.  They rot from ownership all the way through.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

I never though I'd say it, but can I get a temporary dispensation from rooting for this soul-sucking team?  A one-year conversion to some other team?  As bad as the Bills ever were, I never considered this as an option.  Before 2004, I never considered giving up on the Red Sox.  Even before this offseason, I never thought to bail on them.  That's how bad the Sabres situation is right now.  They rot from ownership all the way through.

In fairness, in the preseason, teams play AHLers in at least 1/2 of the roster slots.

Considering Granato is trying to decide whether to take a chance on rushing in guys like Peterka & Quinn, this is very much like the old 4th pre-season game for the Bills.

But, yeah, this will be a bad year.

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

But, yeah, this will be a bad year.

I dunno.  Seems there are many optimistic ticket holders.   I'm looking at the Nov 6 game vs Wings, and 300 levels are still $90 in the resale market.  

What do they know that the rest of the world doesn't?

7 minutes ago, GG1 said:

I dunno.  Seems there are many optimistic ticket holders.   I'm looking at the Nov 6 game vs Wings, and 300 levels are still $90 in the resale market.  

Wait until November 1.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hockey/opinion/2013/10/30-thoughts-playoff-chase-begins-early-in-nhl.html

18 minutes ago, GG1 said:

That reminds me, need to put some seats on the market, as if any up there are sellable, mine are.

48 minutes ago, snafu said:

39 minutes ago, Taro T said:

That reminds me, need to put some seats on the market, as if any up there are sellable, mine are.

BTW, abut half the seats in the arena are available for that game 🙂

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, GG1 said:

BTW, abut half the seats in the arena are available for that game 🙂

In the primary or secondary seat market?

Most nights there'll be close to half the building unsold on the primary market this year.

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

In the primary or secondary seat market?

Most nights there'll be close to half the building unsold on the primary market this year.

Mostly primary now.   I'm guessing people will start dumping their seats in about two weeks.