Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Should be Headlines of the Day

Cinga

Just now, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

It shouldn't.  That's where #4 comes in.  That's a terribly stupid dependency.

The alternative is to hard code the authentication IP address(es) into each card reader.  Which would be a pain every time they add/remove a server

Much more efficient to point the readers to authsvr1234.facebook.com

2 hours ago, Cinga said:

Thanks for this take on it! And considering how quiet they have been about it so far, I suspect it may be closer to 1 as the cause, and 4 as they try to define an excuse.

Makes Frances Haugen testimony today before the Senate a must watch (or listen to at work for me). I've been hearing a lot of mumblings from employees recently so you possible scenario of an internal attack is intriguing. I've just blown them off for the most part as the perceived hauntings of the woke crowd but maybe there is something more there.

I wonder if it will be on FB Watch? Haha

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
35 minutes ago, devnull said:

The alternative is to hard code the authentication IP address(es) into each card reader.  Which would be a pain every time they add/remove a server

Much more efficient to point the readers to authsvr1234.facebook.com

What, it's somehow impossible to have a secondary or backup BGP system?  Sure, it's less efficient...but no less so than rolling your own BGP system, which Facebook did.  And they couldn't establish an alternative or backup, or secondary system for physical security access systems, or even do blue-green deployment of incremental updates?  

They compromised security for efficiency.  They're idiots.

10 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

What, it's somehow impossible to have a secondary or backup BGP system?  Sure, it's less efficient...but no less so than rolling your own BGP system, which Facebook did.  And they couldn't establish an alternative or backup, or secondary system for physical security access systems, or even do blue-green deployment of incremental updates?  

They compromised security for efficiency.  They're idiots.

Earler, I thought you were referring to using DNS as part the authentication mechanism

Yeah, I agree with what you said about having some kind of redundancy for BGP.  But most IT infrastructures tend to get tunnel vision, focusing on public facing infrastructure while slacking on their internal

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, devnull said:

Earler, I thought you were referring to using DNS as part the authentication mechanism

Yeah, I agree with what you said about having some kind of redundancy for BGP.  But most IT infrastructures tend to get tunnel vision, focusing on public facing infrastructure while slacking on their internal

But not the federal government.  They have no vision.  

5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

But not the federal government.  They have no vision.  

The Federal Government's vision is to transfer, consume, and destroy wealth

Oct 6

• We knew this was coming, a Louisiana Hospital system has begun “fining” employees $100 per pay period if their insured spouse is not vaccinated. That is twice what most companies add of for a smoker.
  • In a hearing on confronting violent white supremacy FBI Asst Director Timothy Langan admitted the FBI does not track violent act of Antifa or BLM since they don’t view them as organizations. However individuals of the Antifa “movement” may be classified as Anarchists. But then of course we already know, Leftist violence is mostly peaceful! Does your head hurt yet?
  • According to this Nigerian study on ivermectin, they did 2 controlled groups, one with Ivermectin only, the other a combination of Hydroxychloroquine, Ivermectin, and Azithromycin and found no significant difference in recovery. This then proves Ivermectin alone is the way to go, and adding HCQ and AZT is just being redundant.
  • Remember I told you on Oct 2 that Putin had threatened FB with “crippling fines” if they didn’t stop allowing pedophilia on their platforms? Seems yesterday while FB was down, Chilean authorities, with the help of Interpol busted a child trafficking ring that was transporting HAITIAN children to the US through Mexico. The smugglers had been using FB messaging app Whatsapp. Do you think Putin knew this was coming?
  • FBI raided the home and office of NYC police union leader Ed Mullins. It was Mullins who released info on DeBlasio daughter arrest during a BLM protest but I’m sure there is absolutely no connection.
  • I have no idea who Tim Swain for Senate is but he is certainly starting his race out well with this tweet!
  • For the record, the USA version of the Pfizer vaccine was NEVER approved by the FDA. They did a simple bait and switch with the European Comirnaty (German BioNTech) to get approval. But that is never planned for use here in the US where we are still under the Pfizer Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). Difference? You can't sue for liability under the EUA but can under the Comirnaty
  • Here is another story thinking that the progressive wing of the Democrat Party may push Sinema far enough she goes rogue and leaves the Democrat party. I’m not so convinced, but I think she may revel in the roll of power broker for a while. And yeah, those boots look kinda hot too….
  • The average temperature over the winter for Antarctica was the coldest on record, -61.1 degrees, a full ½ degree colder that it was in 1976. Contrary to popular claims, the weather in the southernmost continent is actually getting colder since we started collecting data in the 1950s.
  • I know, someone reading this is now screaming, but Cinga, deaths from climate disasters and acreage destroyed by wildfires are increasing dramatically and soon, everyone will die and you don’t care! Well, if it was really happening, of course I would care, but it isn’t….
  • I hadn’t thought of this angle, but with Facebook internet regulation commercials filling the airwaves, maybe there is something to it. Seems FB whistleblower Frances Haugen has donated to Democrat candidates at least 36 times, and the National Pulse is speculating it is all a setup to help the government gain support for internet regulation.
  • And oh heck, looks like Haugen was a part of the Facebook team that censored the Hunter Biden story last year.
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

On 10/6/2021 at 5:47 AM, Cinga said:

Oct 6

• We knew this was coming, a Louisiana Hospital system has begun “fining” employees $100 per pay period if their insured spouse is not vaccinated. That is twice what most companies add of for a smoker.
  • In a hearing on confronting violent white supremacy FBI Asst Director Timothy Langan admitted the FBI does not track violent act of Antifa or BLM since they don’t view them as organizations. However individuals of the Antifa “movement” may be classified as Anarchists. But then of course we already know, Leftist violence is mostly peaceful! Does your head hurt yet?
  • According to this Nigerian study on ivermectin, they did 2 controlled groups, one with Ivermectin only, the other a combination of Hydroxychloroquine, Ivermectin, and Azithromycin and found no significant difference in recovery. This then proves Ivermectin alone is the way to go, and adding HCQ and AZT is just being redundant.
  • Remember I told you on Oct 2 that Putin had threatened FB with “crippling fines” if they didn’t stop allowing pedophilia on their platforms? Seems yesterday while FB was down, Chilean authorities, with the help of Interpol busted a child trafficking ring that was transporting HAITIAN children to the US through Mexico. The smugglers had been using FB messaging app Whatsapp. Do you think Putin knew this was coming?
  • FBI raided the home and office of NYC police union leader Ed Mullins. It was Mullins who released info on DeBlasio daughter arrest during a BLM protest but I’m sure there is absolutely no connection.
  • I have no idea who Tim Swain for Senate is but he is certainly starting his race out well with this tweet!
  • For the record, the USA version of the Pfizer vaccine was NEVER approved by the FDA. They did a simple bait and switch with the European Comirnaty (German BioNTech) to get approval. But that is never planned for use here in the US where we are still under the Pfizer Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). Difference? You can't sue for liability under the EUA but can under the Comirnaty
  • Here is another story thinking that the progressive wing of the Democrat Party may push Sinema far enough she goes rogue and leaves the Democrat party. I’m not so convinced, but I think she may revel in the roll of power broker for a while. And yeah, those boots look kinda hot too….
  • The average temperature over the winter for Antarctica was the coldest on record, -61.1 degrees, a full ½ degree colder that it was in 1976. Contrary to popular claims, the weather in the southernmost continent is actually getting colder since we started collecting data in the 1950s.
  • I know, someone reading this is now screaming, but Cinga, deaths from climate disasters and acreage destroyed by wildfires are increasing dramatically and soon, everyone will die and you don’t care! Well, if it was really happening, of course I would care, but it isn’t….
  • I hadn’t thought of this angle, but with Facebook internet regulation commercials filling the airwaves, maybe there is something to it. Seems FB whistleblower Frances Haugen has donated to Democrat candidates at least 36 times, and the National Pulse is speculating it is all a setup to help the government gain support for internet regulation.
  • And oh heck, looks like Haugen was a part of the Facebook team that censored the Hunter Biden story last year.

People ASSUMED that Haugen's issue was with FB putting it's thumb on the scale.  Her actual issue is that they don't put it down firmly enough in favor of her chosen ones.  People like her are dangerous.

• Cheers 3

Oct 8

• Over the past week, Ohio had its largest crackdown of human trafficking and prostitution ever with 161 arrests and a number of minors and women rescued.
  • While on a visit to the border, former Governor and current Missouri Senate candidate Eric Greitens has labelled Joe Biden the greatest child trafficker in the world today.
  • In Macedonia a Soros funded scout group had underage boys and girls strip down ……. Sorry, I’m too disgusted to type this out, if you want to know, click this story….
  • There has been an awful lot of speculation lately that China may be on the verge of economic collapse. If they do, it will most certainly have worldwide repercussions.
  • After announcing she would not seek re-election, Canadian climate minister logged over 14 thousand miles to take herself and staff members on a goodbye tour.
  • Remember those students trapped in Afghanistan? Yeah? Well, their still there even though Rep Darrel Issa has tried everything to get Biden to rescue them.
  • As Biden job approval numbers continue to tank, I guess that ship won’t go down alone as Pelosi is now ranked the lowest of Congressional leaders.
  • Speaking of tanking, CNN ratings are so low, they failed to hit even 1 million viewers 80% of the time last month
  • After considerable judge shopping, pro-abortion activists finally found a judge that would put a halt to the new Texas heartbeat law. I’m really only linking this for the picture of “women?” activists….
  • PA state Rep Christopher Rabb is saying he is going to introduce a bill to even the score against TX heartbeat law. He will demand men get a vasectomy soon after their 3rd child or they hit 40. He claims it is only fair as long as men in legislatures are restricting the rights of women and a bunch of other genders.
  • According to a new study from the Sports Councils Equality Group, men have an unfair physical advantage over women, even when using testosterone blockers. We’ll no S*** Sherlock and I didn’t need a study to know that…
  • I’m sure you caught Terry McAuliffe comment about not thinking parents should have a say in what is taught in schools, but few are covering the backlash he is receiving for it. With the DOJ new designation of Mom’s as domestic terrorists someone of course had to call the police on this absolutely terrifying group. Maybe they should have just followed him into a bathroom instead of protesting on the sidewalk.
  • If the Rona has accomplished nothing else in America, it has exposed to parents how important it is to stay attached to their children’s education. All at the same time the Democrats are trying desperately to keep them and any opposing view out.
  • By now you know the conflict of interest for Garland with his son-in-law. But as  the DOJ doesn’t look to be backing down from going after PTAS moms, Florida mom who works for Moms for Liberty calls for a mass exodus from public schools.
  • If you haven’t followed the story of ESPN Anchor Stacy Steele, here is a good article to get you up to speed. It seems if you claim to be bi-racial instead of black, you’ll be treated as the racist white supremacist you are
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

Oct 12

• Yeah, yeah…. California is going to be the first to ban small engine equipment like lawnmowers, chain saws, and string trimmers. You know the cost issue with this by now I’m sure, as well as the problem CA already has with a lack of enough electricity to power that state. But another issue will be that a gas mower can last you 10 – 15 years or more. But the battery on that mower is going to last you 3 – 5 years with this kind of use (trust me, I know tools and batteries). So this will force people to pay twice as much, for something they have to replace 2 – 3 times as often.
  • In Brandon’s new Merika, man helps himself to pharmaceuticals at his local CVS.
  • Ah man!!! I missed it, but you probably did too as NOAA warned us of a geomagnetic storms of the “we’re all gonna die” type that could disrupt our power grid. Heck, my Sirius radio went out for a couple minutes, does that count?
  • 16 year old Grace Smith is more brave than most adults as she takes a stand against the mask mandate at her Wyoming school
  • In today edition of “rules are for thee, not for me” Gov Newsom admits his 12 year old daughter hasn’t received the jab yet, even though he has mandated it for K through 12.
  • In our lie of the day, I chose McAuliffe for making the claim CRT is a made up Republican “dog whistle” and the latest vast right wing conspiracy.
  • Retired Seal Rob O’Neill of dead Bad Guy fame has been taking it to Fox News recently on twitter. Looks like by this article, he has company….
  • Just a follow up on AG Garland conflict of interest thing with his son-in-law business that supplies CRT products and training. But in their group photo titled “We are Panorama” me do see a lot of pale faces Kemosabe…
  • Well that didn’t last long… A day after a federal judge ruled against Texas heartbeat law, a federal appeals court says “not so fast” (okay, those are my words) and re-instated the law.
  • Actress Candace Cameron Bure has decided to stand for Freedom according to this article. She says she is not anti-vax, but she is pro-immune system and healthy lifestyle. Pretty much what everyone accused of being “anti-science” is saying…
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 3
  • FANtastic 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Cinga said:

Oct 12

• Ah man!!! I missed it, but you probably did too as NOAA warned us of a geomagnetic storms of the “we’re all gonna die” type that could disrupt our power grid. Heck, my Sirius radio went out for a couple minutes, does that count?

NOAA warned of no such thing.  That idiotic site you linked did.  NOAA warned of a G3-level storm...which is pretty much average.

34 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

NOAA warned of no such thing.  That idiotic site you linked did.  NOAA warned of a G3-level storm...which is pretty much average.

Go ahead, admit it, you missed me didn't you? 😎

• Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Cinga said:

He said his own daughter, who recently turned 12 years old and is eligible for the vaccine, has not yet received it because she has “a series of other shots” to get first.

Wait...what?  Newsom's daughter isn't up-to-date on her regular schedule of vaccinations?

Newsom's a classical anti-vaxxer?  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

Oct 13

• At least with Trump, you knew he was real. Biden/Harris? All fake…. Even as they try to re-image Kamala it get’s a huge fail…
  • According to this news story, a record 4.3 million Americans quit their jobs in August.
  • Meanwhile total people employed is still about 5 million behind Trump job numbers in Dec 2019.
  • Pelosi, feeling the frustration of the infighting among her caucus maybe? Lashes out at the media for not doing a good enough job pitching the Biden economic plan. And she adds that whether we know it or not, we “overwhelmingly support it.” Yeah, she really thinks we’re that stupid….
  • And yeah, her and Biden are still claiming it will cost zero dollars.
  • Pelosi is leaving it in, and Yellen is defending the $600 dollar reporting requirement by banks to the IRS saying there is a lot of tax fraud and cheating going on but insists it will raise another 460 billion from the rich….
  • People are very fed up with the mask and vax mandates and many are simply going to quit complying, including Senator Rand Paul and his staff.
  • You’ve heard of the Southwest Airline flights being cancelled “due to bad weather” among the pilots, but it looks like AA may be up next as well as Amtrak trains. Must be that global warming stuff, it affects everything!
  • Diogenes Middle Finger asks the question “Have We Ever Witnessed a More Incompetent and Out of Touch Bunch than the Biden Appointees?" As they take a look at Mayor Trans Sec Pete Buttigieg and his inaction in the face of the port issues. (As I typed Trans Sec I suddenly realized why he was picked for a job he had absolutely no qualifications for.)
  • I’ve seen this reported a few times too often to ignore it anymore. But claims are 100 to 200 Congressional Reps, their families and Staff were treated with Ivermectin. Since it includes people around them, it may only be a handful of Critters, but don’t we deserve to know who they were and to know their PUBLIC stance on these treatments?
  • A Loudoun County father of a girl sexually assaulted in a “gender neutral” bathroom wanted to speak out against the bathroom policy but ended up getting arrested instead after the school board declared the meeting an unlawful assembly.
  • The “let’s go Brandon” (or facsimile) chant has gone international!
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

13 hours ago, Cinga said:

Oct 13

• I’ve seen this reported a few times too often to ignore it anymore. But claims are 100 to 200 Congressional Reps, their families and Staff were treated with Ivermectin. Since it includes people around them, it may only be a handful of Critters, but don’t we deserve to know who they were and to know their PUBLIC stance on these treatments?

they must identify as horses, same as all those people in India, who were saved by ivermectin

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

they must identify as horses, same as all those people in India, who were saved by ivermectin

Im going to watch the video in the ivermectin post. In the morning. For now I will continue taking the antiviral GSE as I have before. 

Oct 14

• US District Judge Lamberth has held DC Dept of Corrections Quincey Booth and DC Jail Warden Wanda Patten in contempt of court, and ordered the DOJ to investigate Civil Rights abuse of the Jan 6 defendants. It won’t go anywhere with this DOJ who has made a habit of ignoring court orders but at least it’s a start.
  • Former DNI Ratcliffe says that almost 1000 documents he handed over to the Durham investigation supports the idea that there will be additional charges coming in the Russia investigation.
  • Oh boy…. The US government said Wed it expects US households to see a 54% increase in their heating bills this winter compared to last…. Build back better huh?
  • Treasury Sec Yellen says there is a lot of tax fraud and cheating going on, and the proposed $600 IRS reporting requirement is intended to make sure billionaires pay their fair share I guess…. But it’s not spying on you and your transactions, only theirs? And notice it’s not millionaires and billionaires anymore?
  • This kid is being raised right! As he and a couple others give the traditional race “ drivers, start your engines” he has kind words for Brandon as well.
  • So, the Jan 6th pre-determined committee is discussing trying to hold the Trump administration people it has subpoenaed in contempt for not complying. And since when does executive privilege of thing discussed during your administration, no longer apply once you’re out of office? What would stop every Congress from investigating every opposition administration them in the future?
  • Apparently, Fulton County Georgia hired Dominion to staff their election along with Stacy Abrams Happy Faces temp service. But it seems they have no verifiable records to show they got what they paid for. Incompetence or payoff maybe?
  • Psaki seems to think Federal Laws overrides State Law, and I would agree, as long as that law is Constitutional. However not even OSHA knows yet how they are going to issue this vax mandate for companies over 100 employees yet. OSHA is good for if/then type workplace rules, like if you are grinding concrete (silica) you must control the dust. But requiring someone to do something, as a pre-requisite of work has never been tried before by them. They don’t require a drug test for instance prior to employment and can’t, though an employer might.
  • And when was the last time OSHA sent a new rule they wrote to the White House for approval? Court Clerks are going to be very busy once they try to put this into effect.
  • We’ve seen them remove people from the transplant list if they weren’t vaccinated, but this is the first time for me at least, to see a donor removed because they were not vaccinated.
  • I’m probably laughing harder than I should, but this is a Paul Krugman piece calling Republicans the Anti-Business Party! What a f***ing hack!!!!!!!!!!
  • Remember the Alberta Canada Pastor that was arrested for daring to hold service against the government wishes? Well now Artur Pawlowski is at it again as Judge Adam Germain has fined him $23,000 for talking to Fox News and embarrassing the Canadian Government.
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

Oct 15

• Benjamin Franklin Day Elementary school has cancelled Halloween saying black male students don’t celebrate it as much as other students. Can someone explain to me why that in itself isn’t both racist AND sexist?
  • The number of deaths in Taiwan from the vaccine, have now exceeded the number of deaths in that nation from Covid 19.
  • Seems news around the world is calling the bow and arrow killer in Norway a Danish National instead of a radicalized Muslim convert.
  • Looks like about 40% of TSA workers still have not gotten the jab with the Nov 22 deadline approaching. Last possible day to get the Pfizer because of the 3 week waiting period between doses is Oct 18. Already too late for the Moderna. So if you plan to travel Thanksgiving you might want to explore other options than air or train.
  • Walgreens is getting ready to close 5 more locations in San Fransisco due to rising organized retail crime and soft laws in the city that hinder police in stopping the crime.
  • Internal Capitol Police documents Judicial Watch acquired from the investigation of the Ashli Babbit MURDER shows there was no reason for the shooting.
  • Why is it that we always have to wait for a foreign rag to give us the news in the US? The Daily Mail of the UK has gotten ahold of some of the Hunter Biden emails and it looks like ole Joe and hunter shared bank accounts. And oh, did I mention China owned Biden?
  • 72% of Canadians believe Facebook negatively affects peoples mental health yet they still use it?
  • After AG Garland threat against parents at school board meetings I bet you thought people would kneel under the weight of the DOJ didn’t you? (as the camera pans to Clark Co Nevada) We pick up a father telling the school board it is not their job to look after the health of students, and served each member with a 200 million lawsuit with 6 complaints and violations.
  • US Special Forces were apparently present and may have played an active role in the arrest and overthrow of corrupt Guinea President Alpha Conde who was a Soros puppet.
  • When Pelosi charged the media with doing a better job of selling Biden BBB policy, did you think they would go out and ask marketing experts how to help? Well, Politico did and the comments through this article is well worth scrolling through…
Edited by Cinga
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

CarpetCrawler
10 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Bill Clinton's in the hospital with sepsis.

Prolly 'cause he walked down a city street.