Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Should be Headlines of the Day

Cinga

Yes.

We should absolutely go back to the good old days and allow boxcutters and other blades and bomb making components on airplanes.

By the way, I'm not into reading manifestos, especially when they have false assertions in the opening paragraph.

(The nail clipper claim is false)

Edited by Sherpa
  • Boo 1

7 hours ago, Sherpa said:

Yes.

We should absolutely go back to the good old days and allow boxcutters and other blades and bomb making components on airplanes.

By the way, I'm not into reading manifestos, especially when they have false assertions in the opening paragraph.

Muppetsme Memes

8 hours ago, Sherpa said:

Yes.

do the letters FO mean anything to you? Obviously you never flew back before, or right after 9/11

Edited by Cinga
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Cinga said:

do the letters FO mean anything to you?

Ya, they do, in two contexts.

One is First Officer, which is what an airline copilot is called.

Like FO David Charlebois, who I had flown with many times and was the FO on American 77 and died in the cabin of hijacked American 77.

The other is street profanity, which needs no comment.

If you sat in the seat. If you attended the memorial service of Captain Chic Burlingame and Flight Attendants Ken and Jenn Lewis, which I did as I knew them well, you might have a different attitude regarding what "things" should be carried in the cabin.

At a minimum, while you pontificate, you may want to get the facts correct.

Regards.

11 minutes ago, Cinga said:

do the letters FO mean anything to you? Obviously you never flew back before, or right after 9/11

I don't know what your post suggests.

I was flying on 9/11, during the time this all occurred.

A  transcon with one of the airlines that was attacked.

Flying the exact same equipment.

Edited by Sherpa

Just now, Sherpa said:

I don't know what your means.

I was flying on 9/11, during the time this all occurred.

A  transcon with one of the airlines that was attacked.

Flying the exact same equipment.

And you have no recollection of having nail clippers or nail files or other silly crap confiscated from you carry-on right after that? And frigging box cutters weren't allowed even before 9/11 so I have no idea where you got that attack from.

But my entire point was that day has turned us all into the cowards of the nanny state.

I'm not saying we should allow that stuff on planes, that is pure nonsense and you know that. But I am certainly lamenting that while some view the security we endure today as a necessary inconvenience, I see it as the terrorist won that battle. Along with a number of others I list on there as "inconveniences" that have had dire consequences to our own individual liberty.

Can you deny that all these security measures since then haven't been turned  inward against the very people they were intended to protect? THAT is the intent of the piece you decided not to read because of the opening line about nail clippers. I once had 1 inch screwdriver bits taken from my carry on. ONE INCH! WTF was I going to do with them?

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 hours ago, Sherpa said:

Yes.

I had a flight delayed in late 2001 because the pilot had nail clippers in his carry-on.

But I assumed - and still do - that that was in no small part due to the inherent confusion of setting up the new security immediately after 9/11.  After all, it was a time when they were still handing out steak knives with meals in first class.

27 minutes ago, Cinga said:

And you have no recollection of having nail clippers or nail files or other silly crap confiscated from you carry-on right after that? And frigging box cutters weren't allowed even before 9/11 so I have no idea where you got that attack from.

But my entire point was that day has turned us all into the cowards of the nanny state.

I'm not saying we should allow that stuff on planes, that is pure nonsense and you know that. But I am certainly lamenting that while some view the security we endure today as a necessary inconvenience, I see it as the terrorist won that battle. Along with a number of others I list on there as "inconveniences" that have had dire consequences to our own individual liberty.

Can you deny that all these security measures since then haven't been turned  inward against the very people they were intended to protect? THAT is the intent of the piece you decided not to read because of the opening line about nail clippers. I once had 1 inch screwdriver bits taken from my carry on. ONE INCH! WTF was I going to do with them?

I have a very accurate recollection of what was done initially, and rescinded.

Surprise.... the first response was based on completely restricting anything that could be a weapon, and frankly, you have no idea of other measures/restrictions designed to get the industry up and running and subsequently eliminated.

I am not going to get into a discussion about personal liberty with you.

I simply don't care.

What I will say is that having done that thing for over 30 years, going through it on that day and years subsequent, I've got a view on what is OK in the cabin and cargo compartments, and that view is not influenced by folks crying about some nanny state assertion by a zealot who has no experience in the matter.

2 hours ago, Sherpa said:

I have a very accurate recollection of what was done initially, and rescinded.

Surprise.... the first response was based on completely restricting anything that could be a weapon, and frankly, you have no idea of other measures/restrictions designed to get the industry up and running and subsequently eliminated.

I am not going to get into a discussion about personal liberty with you.

I simply don't care.

What I will say is that having done that thing for over 30 years, going through it on that day and years subsequent, I've got a view on what is OK in the cabin and cargo compartments, and that view is not influenced by folks crying about some nanny state assertion by a zealot who has no experience in the matter.

Exactly what my wife's niece said to me on FB when I said I choose not to get the vaccine and let my antibodies protect me. I think the lefts game is working on some of you

• Like 2

It isn't a problem at all.

You and I discussing "personal liberty" in the context of 9-11 is a useless enterprise.

Do what you do, and good luck.

Continue to author treatises. 

You simply have no idea, using a calculus term, of the derivatives of this event.

I was involved directly, and over the next few months specifically involved in what was done.

I will never be a fan of the gov's response, but that response was a combination of industry, intel, and common sense.

Not ill intended, just the best guess.

I don't think you have that background, and am not interested in informing you.

• Haha 1
  • Boo 1

18 hours ago, Sherpa said:

Yes.

Nail clippers are false, but I did have a bottle opener taken because it had a foil cutter at the end.

6 hours ago, Sherpa said:

It isn't a problem at all.

You and I discussing "personal liberty" in the context of 9-11 is a useless enterprise.

Do what you do, and good luck.

Continue to author treatises. 

You simply have no idea, using a calculus term, of the derivatives of this event.

I was involved directly, and over the next few months specifically involved in what was done.

I will never be a fan of the gov's response, but that response was a combination of industry, intel, and common sense.

Not ill intended, just the best guess.

I don't think you have that background, and am not interested in informing you.

You're ignoring the weakest chain in the link, which is the average TSA agent.  I'm sure you're aware of the running gag that Adam Carolla & crew have in having 99% success rate in bringing a box cutter on the plane over the last 20 years.

There's always a world of difference between intention & implementation.

7 hours ago, GG1 said:

You're ignoring the weakest chain in the link, which is the average TSA agent.  I'm sure you're aware of the running gag that Adam Carolla & crew have in having 99% success rate in bringing a box cutter on the plane over the last 20 years.

There's always a world of difference between intention & implementation.

Nowhere, absolutely nowhere, have I defended any TSA performance.

I am aware, which most are not, of what has been prevented from getting in cabins, and it is quite alarming.

7 hours ago, Sherpa said:

Nowhere, absolutely nowhere, have I defended any TSA performance.

I am aware, which most are not, of what has been prevented from getting in cabins, and it is quite alarming.

While I understand your sentiment and love for the way you helped devise the system we know as the TSA realize there are horror stories including one I heard from a friend about 3 months ago. I could go to her facebook and copy and paste it but I wont. Basically she was going through screening and they took her aside to search her in her tights. The male agent went on to feel her vaginal area for about 40 seconds to her horror until she slapped his arm and informed him that was enough. She is a very beautiful and desirable lady. When she went on to the complaint department they told her what he did was perfectly acceptable.  Now I think it is a good time to go on about the original reason for this particular page. 

You are way off the rails here.

I had nothing to do with "devising" the system.

Various law enforcement intel agencies and industry experts got together and eventually came up with what is now in place.

Federal agencies had far more input than the industry. That happened once the security apparatus was federalized with the TSA creation.

The system is what it is, but I aver that having sat in the seat for well over 30 years, knowing there were hundreds of thousands of employees depending on the survival of the industry, I may have a totally different view of what is really the denial of rights regarding what is allowed in passenger cabins.

I'm sure the Southwest flight attendant who had a tooth knocked out this summer might agree that allowing wapons in the cabin is not a good idea.

You are barking up the wrong tree. 

3 hours ago, Sherpa said:

You are way off the rails here.

I had nothing to do with "devising" the system.

Various law enforcement intel agencies and industry experts got together and eventually came up with what is now in place.

Federal agencies had far more input than the industry. That happened once the security apparatus was federalized with the TSA creation.

The system is what it is, but I aver that having sat in the seat for well over 30 years, knowing there were hundreds of thousands of employees depending on the survival of the industry, I may have a totally different view of what is really the denial of rights regarding what is allowed in passenger cabins.

I'm sure the Southwest flight attendant who had a tooth knocked out this summer might agree that allowing wapons in the cabin is not a good idea.

You are barking up the wrong tree. 

Oh my bad. Sorry. Thought the way you accosted @Cinga for his post you were the creator of the safety protocol.  Once again. Sorry

9/13

• Here’s another report on Rosie McGowan as she can produce evidence that CA Gov Newsom wife worked for Weinstein attorneys to try to get her to drop her charges against him.
  • Barely in the news, Iran launched a drone strike against an Iraqi airfield on 9/11 which was intercepted and destroyed by US forces as these drone attacks are more frequent against our allies. Maybe this is a good time to remind everyone that it was the Obama Administration who gave Iran our drone technology to begin with.
  • Remember when Biden talked to Ghani about how important optics were? Then after the terror bombing in Kabul he struck quickly, claiming to have killed two high level ISIS people that they wouldn’t give us the names of? Another lie, as we actually droned the innocent family of Zemari Ahmadi. The car that was supposed to be filled with explosives? It was water he was bringing home to his family.
  • It’s not that people are anti-vax, it’s that most people are against the tyranny of forced vaccinations and vaccine passports.
  • Lewis County Hospital in Upstate NY has put baby deliveries on hold (yeah, I don’t know how you do that either but….) seems too many nurses have quit over the vaccine mandate there. I’m still wondering where they think their going to find all these vaccinated hospital workers they need to replace the unvaxxed. I suspect it’s only going to get worse…..
  • In what appears to be a tragic turn of events, many of the things the media told you about Trump for the last few years, really does apply to Biden.
  • Seriously? They are worried that religious and medical exemptions for the vax mandate might be abused? What about issuing the mandate to begin with? Isn’t that already abuse of power?
  • During his trip to Shanksville, President Biden was treated to a few “F*** Joe Biden” signs and he decides to wonder what the 9/11 victims would think of them????
  • Crowd chants “We want Trump” then breaks into the familiar “F*** Joe Biden” chant we’ve been hearing in stadiums across the country..
  • HR. 666 (no, not a typo) is a House Bill introduced to establish an anti-racism and Health law enforcement violence prevention program within the CDC. Take a second to read the text as the politization of this institute continues….
  • Isn’t it time to call anti-white rhetoric what it really is? Anti-white racism?
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 9/9/2021 at 10:40 AM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2021/09/08/biden-boots-trump-appointees-from-west-point-advisory-board/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EBB 09.09.21&utm_term=Editorial - Early Bird Brief

Biden boots Trump appointees from military academy advisory boards

It's a purge.

And yet another example of Democrats setting a precedent without understanding it can be used against them.

Democrats are probably not worried about a Republican becoming president ever again. It’s not about who wins the election. It’s about who wins the vote count. 

6 hours ago, Cinga said:

9/13

Great for our point defense system.

The claim that  "Obama gave Iran our drone technology" is ridiculous, as is the link that it is suggested supports such a claim.

Iran has had drone technology for decades.

The US drone that was cyber-jacked and landed in Iran was about a hundred and fifty miles from the Afghan border when it landed.

The claim, from the link provided, addresses absolutely nothing about what such a strike to demolish that drone would involve, or the consequences, as it was near a city.

Drones have an incredible weakness, and that is that the data link can be jammed or taken over.

That is the reality.

• Boo 1