Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Should be Headlines of the Day

Cinga

35 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Old news.  Didn't even qualify as an epidemic - there was only one case, in early August - and with no new cases for 42 days, the outbreak was over as of about two weeks ago. 

so the vaccine worked? :hysterical:

Oct 1

• According to CNN, SC Durham has issued a new round of subpoenas in his ongoing investigation into the Trump/Russia fiasco. Sorry, but I’m not getting excited for 2 reasons. First, doesn’t his budget run out today? What are the chances Biden extends it? Second, WTH takes so long in these? Unlike other prosecutors, you have ONE investigation to look in to, with all the staff you want! (rant over)
  • Maricopa County Audit volunteers who are all residents of the county who voted in the 2020 election.  Up until now, they have been under a non-disclosure agreement. Here are a few with a story just getting started.
  • For crying out loud! The Marine who rescued the baby over the wall in Kabul is now under investigation for……. Apparently attending the Perry Trump rally even though he was not in uniform to see if any DOD policies were violated!
  • A Mega-Comet heading our way! This could be the big one!
  • At least we’re beginning to hear it from others, but for the record, I have been in favor of abolishing the FBI for at least a couple decades now. It’s been compromised sine the day of J Edgar Hoover as the recent records of Mueller, Comey, and Wray in recent years can prove. And there is no cleaning out the top, only to move more people in to that same corruption.
  • Everything only a Dollar! Not anymore though as Dollar Tree has finally been hit by inflation and announces prices will go up to as  high as $1.50
  • Ever notice that some people, like this idiot, fantasize about being violent to conservatives, but often really are to others in real life?
  • We all like to make sure The Arts get a fair shake of government budgets, but let’s be honest. There are some people that take advantage of the generosity. Like this instance where a Danish Museum commissioned an artist to recreate 2 of his older works. What they found instead were 2 empty frames titled “Take the Money and Run”
  • Did I miss something? Seems Fauci has now decided that “fully vaccinated” means 2 Covid shots, plus one booster. Didn’t Biden tell us during the campaign he was going to lock the virus down, not the people?
  • Speaking of which, do you realize there have been almost 300,000 Covid deaths since Biden took office? Why aren’t those numbers all over the news like they were under Trump?
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 hours ago, Cinga said:

Heading Saturn's way.  It's not supposed to get any closer to the inner solar system than that.  

But Jesus, that thing is huge.

10 hours ago, Cinga said:

Is CNN still running a death count in the corner of the screen?  I remember seeing screen shots of it a year ago, but none this year...and I haven't checked CNN directly in some seven years or so.

• Wow 1

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Heading Saturn's way.  It's not supposed to get any closer to the inner solar system than that.  

Is CNN still running a death count in the corner of the screen?  I remember seeing screen shots of it a year ago, but none this year...and I haven't checked CNN directly in some seven years or so.

Huh. They seem to have forgotten to put that up. But, if it isnt up there and nobody watches does anyone notice?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Huh. They seem to have forgotten to put that up. But, if it isnt up there and nobody watches does anyone notice?

I'm surprised CNN hasn't added a counter of the number of people estimated to die because of the comet that Trump failed to stop from crashing into the Earth

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 hours ago, devnull said:

I'm surprised CNN hasn't added a counter of the number of people estimated to die because of the comet that Trump failed to stop from crashing into the Earth

No, that's the sort of thing where they run a "Women, Minorities Disproportionately Impacted" headline.

• Haha 1

Oct 2

• Rand Paul really got in to HHS Sec Becerra in a Senate hearing demanding he apologize to the American people he referred to as flat-earthers for thinking natural immunity was as good as the vaccine.
  • Fraud in Delaware too! With only 10% of the vote audited so far, results are already showing 20,000 invalid or suspected fraudulent votes. Couldn’t have Biden lose his home state with all the other fraud now could we?
  • A woman in Atlanta has been charged with 8 counts of terroristic threats for leaving racially charged messages in her neighbor’s mailboxes over the last year. She claimed to be a 6’ tall member of the KKK… Problem is, she is black….
  • Rino Kinzinger joined the Democrats in approving a suspension of the debt ceiling until 16 Dec, 219 – 212 with 2 Dems joining the rest of the Republicans against. Worst part of that is we are just now entering a new fiscal year.
  • In today edition of “No S**t Sherlock”, DOJ Inspector General Horowitz has found more rampant abuse of the FISA rules with regards to US persons. Of 29 random applications reviewed, there were problems with all 29 of them. I’ve been saying it for years, something done in secret will ALWAYS be abused so the only way to stop it is to shut the courts and the process down.
  • In a twist of hypocrisy the Democrat house blocked efforts that would require Covid testing among illegals before release into the US, while Biden requires vaccines among the Border Patrol.
  • The international Chamber of Shipping is warning of a coming collapse of the supply chain if Covid related restrictions are not lifted and freedom of movement restored.
  • Justice Sotomayor has denied a request by NY City Teachers to block the Covid vaccine mandate. What’s that line again? Oh, yeah…. You get what you voted for….
  • Finally someone is standing up to Facebook and demanding they stop promoting pedophilia. Sad part is, it took Vladimir Putin to threaten them with crippling fines if content isn’t removed immediately as he is also vowing to punish YouTube. Meanwhile crickets from the US government on pedophilia…
  • This is going to be an interesting Class Action Lawsuit that is being filed against Dominion and its affiliates. It’s not about election fraud, the suit will claim that as a government contractor their threats to stifle questions about voter integrity are a violation of Free Speech.
  • According to the other reporter from the Watergate story, Bernstein claims the US is in a Civil War and it is the Republicans who are the secessionists. Ummmm, Carl, wouldn’t that be instead the party that disdains free choice?
  • This is what the establishment looks like, as 3 of the top Republicans in Ohio consider a redistricting map that could freeze out pro-Trump Republicans like Jim Jordan and give Pelosi some breathing room to hold the House
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

16 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Oct 3

As we go into this next section of John 1, I would encourage you to go back and see what we have covered already and pay particular attention the John 1:17 and the comments of it. Remember we discussed how the Law was given through Moses, but Grace and Truth through Jesus who comes to be the fulfillment of that Law as the Lamb of God whose unblemished sacrifice would redeem a fallen world.

I want to take a moment first to discuss Truth in the Bible. God explains to us in Deuteronomy 18, that to know if someone speaks in the name of the Lord, does it come to pass. He tells us if it doesn’t. that person didn’t speak for Him. So in this we know God will only Speak Truth, even as He speaks through the flaws of man, they cannot speak falsely when speaking for the Lord.

Today and soon in Genesis 2 we’re going see Words repeated, but it’s not because of forgetfulness, it’s more because of emphasis, as if to say “pay attention, this is important”. But as you dive deeper into your own Bible Study too, you will find yourself going back to reference something you’ve read before, knowing God’s Truth is proving God’s Truth to you.

My comments are in italics

29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!  - And this week, right off the bat we what john referred to in John 1:17

30 This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’  - Not a twist on words, John is confirming to us here that though Jesus will follow his own ministry, Jesus was before him because He was there in the Beginning, see John 1:2.

31 I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.”The Baptist is telling us here that he was not aware of who the Christ was yet,

32 Then John gave this testimony: “I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him. 33 And I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ 34 I have seen, and I testify that this is God’s Chosen One.”A lot to unfold here, but we’ve discussed before the Holy Spirit, the third part of the Triune Nature of God. Before Jesus Resurrection, the Holy Spirit resided with individuals, it was afterward as you will see in Acts 2 that the Lord poured out His Spirit on “all flesh”. Here we see the common perception of the Spirit descending on the Lord as a Dove and confirming what God had told John as toward how he would know who the Lamb of God would be. Then John goes further to “testify” that he has seen that Jesus is God’s Chosen.

35 The next day John was there again with two of his disciples. 36 When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, “Look, the Lamb of God!” 37 When the two disciples heard him say this, they followed Jesus. – Apparently these 2 disciples were not with John the day before, but as disciples, were well versed in the Hebrew Torah, and the words of the prophets of Israel, many that would come to make up the Christian Old Testament so immediately knew what John was telling them

38 Turning around, Jesus saw them following and asked, “What do you want?” They said, “Rabbi” (which means “Teacher”), “where are you staying?” 39 “Come,” he replied, “and you will see.”Had that been me, I would have surely stammered and not been able to answer what I wanted, or maybe come up with my own fairly lame “where are you staying?”. But Jesus answer is profound as you will soon learn, because often He would just set out not knowing Himself where He would stay but trusting that God in Heaven would provide.

So they went and saw where he was staying, and they spent that day with him. It was about four in the afternoon.

40 Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, was one of the two who heard what John had said and who had followed Jesus. 41 The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and tell him, “We have found the Messiah” (that is, the Christ). 42 And he brought him to Jesus. 2 things going on here but we’ll get to Peter in the next verse but here is also where we first hear the term Messiah. If you want to cheat again, and by now you know I will encourage you to, search for Messiah of the Old Testament. And just as we will see as we work our way through the Bible, there are multiple predictions of the coming Messiah, or Moshiach in the original Hebrew meaning “Anointed One”. Again, as we’re discussed before, Jesus, the Messiah, is the fulfillment of those Prophecies.

Jesus looked at him and said, “You are Simon son of John. You will be called Cephas” (which, when translated, is Peter).Up until now, we only have Andrew following Jesus as we saw above in Verse 40, but now we have Andrew’s brother, Simon whom Jesus renames Cephas (rock) which translates to Peter. Yet the author John, who knew Peter well calls him Simon Peter. See below and I will try to expand on that in the closing.

43 The next day Jesus decided to leave for Galilee. Finding Philip, he said to him, “Follow me.” 44 Philip, like Andrew and Peter, was from the town of Bethsaida. 

45 Philip found Nathanael and told him, “We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, and about whom the prophets also wrote—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.”46 “Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?” Nathanael asked. “Come and see,” said Philip.Here is confirming what we have already discussed that these disciples are already well versed in the Law of Moses, or the Torah, as well as the other writings of the prophets. But here we also see a reference to Nazareth, even with Nathaniel asking what good could come from there. During that time, people from there were held to low regard so this was not a joke by him, he was actually being serious. Many of the prophecies of the coming Messiah you will find, portray Him as someone of low esteem, ridiculed by many in His time.

47 When Jesus saw Nathanael approaching, he said of him, “Here truly is an Israelite in whom there is no deceit.” 48 “How do you know me?” Nathanael asked. Jesus answered, “I saw you while you were still under the fig tree before Philip called you.” 49 Then Nathanael declared, “Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the king of Israel.” –  Jesus is acknowledging He knew of Nathaniel’s previous remark of Nazareth and confirming Nathaniel was right! But then the Lord even goes so far to tell Nathaniel he has a miraculous vision (or premonition) of Nathaniel before Philip called him telling him where he was. How else could Jesus have known where Nathaniel was before then? Nathaniel appears to understand this by his proclamation as to who he now understood Jesus to be.

50 Jesus said, “You believe because I told you I saw you under the fig tree. You will see greater things than that.” 51 He then added, “Very truly I tell you, you will see ‘heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man.”Okay, first use of the term Son of Man. It’s a term of humility as opposed to the term Son of God that is used throughout the Old Testament where today we might use “human being”. We will also see it used especially with regards to Jesus, as the Supreme example of what God intended mankind to be before sin and death were introduced. I am going to make the argument as we move forward, that since Jesus was born of Mary, through the Holy Spirit, he was exactly that. A man born into the world, without the original sin of Adam and Eve handed down literally through the blood of the man.

As we finish for the week, more on Peter….

One of my favorite lessons I ever learned and have taught is the very beginning of 2Peter which says: Simon Peter, a Servant and Apostle of Jesus Christ. As we study the Word, sentence structure can mean so much to the reader.

This is the beginning of a letter Peter himself is writing, and he begins with Simon, who he once was before meeting Jesus. Then he gives his new name Peter, the one Jesus gave him as if to remind himself who he was and where he came from before the huge change that happened in his life. Next is even more profound as Peter pronounces himself a SERVANT first before the power behind the title of an Apostle of Jesus Christ. What an amazing lesson of how to stay humble in your own ministry for the Lord.

Bro. You put this in headlines not Bible Study.

3 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Bro. You put this in headlines not Bible Study.

Darn it, I was in a rush this am and not thinking straight, thanks for the heads up and it's fixed!

• Like 1

Oct 4

• The headline of this Fox News story is terribly misleading as it claims “Pelosi gets played by progressives refusing to budge on mega-spending bill”. She wasn’t “played” at all, she in fact promised them a vote on the reconciliation bill BEFORE the infrastructure bill and tried to flip them. They simply held her to that promise.
  • And of course the administration is going to double down on the zero cost claim of the multi-trillion dollar reconciliation bill. What’s that about flying unicorns and rainbow farts?
  • A bit of the story behind my new favorite song “Am I the Only One” By Aaron Lewis. If you were raised like me to love and serve this great country, I think you’ve also felt this way at times…
  • According to this article about a study done by Facebook, Instagram followers of certain celebrities such as Kim Kardasian, Kendall Jenner, Ariana Grande and others had more negative feeling about their own self-image. Gee, I wonder why?
  • Rep Troy Nehls of TX is speaking out against the money in the infrastructure bill to build charging stations and I agree. Can you show me one single gas station built by the government? And you know politicians are buying up stock in those companies now.
  • Steve Bannon has taken a major step towards becoming a powerbroker next time Republicans gain the White House, and if it holds, it should be in a good way.
  • Finally, one of the judges overseeing cases of the Jan 6 protesters breaks ranks and gives probation instead of jail time. In the trial, McFadden questioned prosecutors about their lack of charges against Floyd protesters that did even more damage around DC.
  • NYC is in need of at least 3700 vaccinated substitute teachers according to this NY Post article. But if you read down, it sure looks like a hell of a lot more than that to me so maybe some of that common core stuff again..
  • On CBS Face the Nation Fauci was asked if we would be able to gather together this year for Christmas
  • VA governor candidate McAuliffe’s campaign tried to make fun of “a Republican group endorsing a Republican candidate” when the Hampton Roads Black Caucus endorsed Youngkin. That group however has endorsed McAuliffe, Northam, and other Democrats in the past. I’m still skeptical in VA, the fraud machine is huge in that state.
  • Here is a look at some of the cases coming before the Supreme Court this term which could be one of the most watched of our lives. Personally I don’t expect much, considering this Roberts Court has been steadfast on precedent.
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 hours ago, Cinga said:

• According to this article about a study done by Facebook, Instagram followers of certain celebrities such as Kim Kardasian, Kendall Jenner, Ariana Grande and others had more negative feeling about their own self-image. Gee, I wonder why?

I know if I paid any attention to the Kardashians, my self-worth would be in the toilet.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I know if I paid any attention to the Kardashians, my self-worth would be in the toilet.

Deservedly.  Appropriately.  Predictably.

No headlines today, I was busy enjoying the social media blackout perhaps a little too much. But I'll leave you with a couple thoughts for the day.

• Biden seems to think harassment of Senator Sinema is just part of the job. I would disagree and argue that this, just like harassment of Trump staff in the past, is not okay, and is not a part of the job. You have avenues to bring grievances to your officials, use them!
  • However Biden is now going to send his DOJ after you if you speak out against your local school board, calling THAT harassment.
  • Facebook is going to be a fun watch for a couple days at least. Notice some older banned accounts (see Donald J Trump) are restored, but it looks like at least the Covid algorithm isn't working and flagging new posts. Methinks they did a system restore (and more tech savvy may be able to add) to an earlier version and like a restore on your computer, saved the files, but overwrote all new programs (and bans). 
  • That could make today whistleblower hearings a lot of fun to watch as well! If you own FB stock, you might want to get out quickly 
  •  Seems Fauci boss, NIH Director Francis Collins will be resigning today amid the Wuhan gain-of-function scandal that is getting worse. Now if we could only put a boot up Fauci's behind as well.... 
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

24 minutes ago, Cinga said:
  • Facebook is going to be a fun watch for a couple days at least. Notice some older banned accounts (see Donald J Trump) are restored, but it looks like at least the Covid algorithm isn't working and flagging new posts. Methinks they did a system restore (and more tech savvy may be able to add) to an earlier version and like a restore on your computer, saved the files, but overwrote all new programs (and bans). 

The Facebook outage was, last I read, caused by an internal change of their Border Gateway Protocol.

BGP is used to calculate network paths from one host to another.

BGP has nothing to do with the content on any of the hosts.

The BGP story could be a cover for an attack (internal or external)

The BGP story could be a cover for other changes that Facebook was planning but didn't want to announce

The BGP story could be true, and Facebook is using the opportunity to ninja some other changes

Or, Facebook isn't as smart as they claim to be, and were throwing sh*t against the wall to see what sticks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, devnull said:

The Facebook outage was, last I read, caused by an internal change of their Border Gateway Protocol.

BGP is used to calculate network paths from one host to another.

BGP has nothing to do with the content on any of the hosts.

The BGP story could be a cover for an attack (internal or external)

The BGP story could be a cover for other changes that Facebook was planning but didn't want to announce

The BGP story could be true, and Facebook is using the opportunity to ninja some other changes

Or, Facebook isn't as smart as they claim to be, and were throwing sh*t against the wall to see what sticks

Thanks for this take on it! And considering how quiet they have been about it so far, I suspect it may be closer to 1 as the cause, and 4 as they try to define an excuse.

Makes Frances Haugen testimony today before the Senate a must watch (or listen to at work for me). I've been hearing a lot of mumblings from employees recently so you possible scenario of an internal attack is intriguing. I've just blown them off for the most part as the perceived hauntings of the woke crowd but maybe there is something more there.

48 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Thanks for this take on it! And considering how quiet they have been about it so far, I suspect it may be closer to 1 as the cause, and 4 as they try to define an excuse.

As an IT worker, I'm leaning towards 4

Probably a breakdown in communication between different groups within Facebook's enterprise

The network admins probably broke it

The server admins, database admins, and website didn't know what happened and started troubleshooting on their end.

Each group was making changes that didn't fix the problem.  In my experience, troubleshooting changes don't always get rolled back

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
57 minutes ago, devnull said:

As an IT worker, I'm leaning towards 4

Probably a breakdown in communication between different groups within Facebook's enterprise

The network admins probably broke it

The server admins, database admins, and website didn't know what happened and started troubleshooting on their end.

Each group was making changes that didn't fix the problem.  In my experience, troubleshooting changes don't always get rolled back

The simple fact that the outage took down their access badging system leads me to believe some combination of #4 and #1.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

The simple fact that the outage took down their access badging system leads me to believe some combination of #4 and #1.

Clobbering BGP removes the path to the DNS servers.

Without DNS, the badge readers can't resolve the IP address of the authentication servers

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, devnull said:

Clobbering BGP removes the path to the DNS servers.

Without DNS, the badge readers can't resolve the IP address of the authentication servers

It shouldn't.  That's where #4 comes in.  That's a terribly stupid dependency.