Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

IDBillzFan
6 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

So much stupid...

Even Bezos is in his shit at this point.

Do you know how incompetent of a leftist you need to be to lose Bezos?

• Like 2

Nouseforaname
16 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Even Bezos is in his shit at this point.

Do you know how incompetent of a leftist you need to be to lose Bezos?

I wonder how all the leftists reconcile their love for the convenience of Amazon with their hate for anyone that criticizes Biden.

IDBillzFan
43 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I wonder how all the leftists reconcile their love for the convenience of Amazon with their hate for anyone that criticizes Biden.

I think Bezos loses that contest in the public discussion arena, but we all know people who rely on Amazon to have basic stuff shipped to their house won't stop using it; they'll just tell everyone via a TikTok dance they stopped using Amazon.

• Haha 1

Nouseforaname
19 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I think Bezos loses that contest in the public discussion arena, but we all know people who rely on Amazon to have basic stuff shipped to their house won't stop using it; they'll just tell everyone via a TikTok dance they stopped using Amazon.

I’m a big Amazon user but I’ve never used TikTok . 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

Keeping in mind that their hate of Amazon also includes their hatred of Amazon's employment practices, Bezos' "income" [sic], and capitalism in general...

They don't.  They just ignore the inconsistency.

IDBillzFan
27 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I’m a big Amazon user but I’ve never used TikTok . 

I remember when TikTok first came out, the Trump administration issued an EO to ban it because they considered it a security threat, collecting biodata, etc.

Naturally, Biden takes office, rescinds the EO, TikTok takes off and now everyone is surprised to find out how much data China is getting from a bunch of self-absorbed Americans.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
46 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I remember when TikTok first came out, the Trump administration issued an EO to ban it because they considered it a security threat, collecting biodata, etc.

Naturally, Biden takes office, rescinds the EO, TikTok takes off and now everyone is surprised to find out how much data China is getting from a bunch of self-absorbed Americans.

Was still banned by DoD, regardless of the status of Trump's EO.  

That's how silly the "controversy" over Trump's ban was.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

But you know what's really funny about Trump's EO?

Since 50% of TikTok users were in the 18-24 age range, and likely to vote Democrat, the Biden campaign accused him of issuing it to try to suppress Democratic voters and influence the election.

And the Biden campaign also banned their staff from using TikTok, for security concerns.  

• Haha 2

Nouseforaname
4 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Security threats aside TikTok is addictive as hell which is why I’ve never installed it. I tend to get addicted to social media so it was a sanity decision.

• Like 1

Fansince88
3 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Security threats aside TikTok is addictive as hell which is why I’ve never installed it. I tend to get addicted to social media so it was a sanity decision.

Same here. I have 3 brothers that have it. We 3 and my son are on a group chat via text. The 3 of them send at least 25 a day total. They all work full time and cannot have their phone at work in their line of work. 

• Like 2

IDBillzFan
20 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Spoiler alert:

That's not what the bill says.

That story was written in 2021, quickly debunked by Politifact, and for some reason, the story is making the rounds again because apparently the left is out of ideas.

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
28 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

This is quite the headline.

“Sex work disproportionately affects the LGBT community,” the Op-Ed continued. “Transgender people engage in sex work at a rate 10 times that of cisgender (nontrans) women,” Brinton wrote. “And many LGBT youth engage in sex work just to survive.”

That is not exactly a pro-youth-sex-worker argument.

Brinton quoted an unnamed “young man” who said shutting down RentBoy.com stripped him of his dignity.

If you derive any dignity from "RentBoy.com", you have serious issues that go well beyond "RentBoy.com" being shut down.  I mean...seriously, dangerously pathological psychological issues.  

52 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Spoiler alert:

That's not what the bill says.

But it doesn't say colleges and universities won't be able to do that so, apparently per Salon's & the Tampa Bay Times' logic, they will not only be able to do so, they'll be required to do so.

Really fail to see how requiring universities to see how intellectually free their profs & students consider themselves to be is, in & of itself, a bad thing.

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

But it doesn't say colleges and universities won't be able to do that so, apparently per Salon's & the Tampa Bay Times' logic, they will not only be able to do so, they'll be required to do so.

Really fail to see how requiring universities to see how intellectually free their profs & students consider themselves to be is, in & of itself, a bad thing.

The bill also says that schools won't be allowed to "shield" students and professors from words or opinions they may find uncomfortable.

Progressives have a word for that: "violence."  So DeSantis is promoting violence against minorities.

• Applause 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
59 minutes ago, Foxx said:

A friend just sent me video. GA has torn them completely down with a backhoe. 

• Wow 1
  • Cheers 2