Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

7 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

You’re the one criticizing everyone that they’re stuck in their views…

I see you changed your post here.

Umm... really? I think you are completely off base here. Where have you seen me criticize everyone for their views? 

Nouseforaname
4 hours ago, Foxx said:

Umm... really? I think you are completely off base here. Where have you seen me criticize everyone for their views? 

In the sense that you say that everyone is stuck in their world view even though you wouldn’t change yours no matter what. 

12 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Interestingly, no.  The federal groups that manage federal lands (BLM, USACE, DOI, Forest Service, a few others) usually opt to apply state law on federal lands...but they are under absolutely no obligation to.

Interestingly, the federal government organizations that manage federal land opt to apply state gun laws on federal lands...which has interesting 2nd Amendment implications for the progressive's argument that state abortion laws shouldn't apply on federal land.

But there’s no federal law which permits or prevents or addresses abortion.  
So what exactly do Warren and AOC think moving a clinic onto federal land would do? Are they expecting an Executive Order which would permit it?

Nouseforaname
1 minute ago, snafu said:

But there’s no federal law which permits or prevents or addresses abortion.  
So what exactly do Warren and AOC think moving a clinic onto federal land would do? Are they expecting an Executive Order which would permit it?

Didn’t that just happen?

Fansince88
6 hours ago, Foxx said:

You are asking someone that lives within a government that takes from the majority and gives to all to think ill of said government. (Much like the welfare population here) that is not going to happen because of that vice. 

52 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Didn’t that just happen?

No.  I thought the WH didn’t take that step.

I think the WH realizes that this would result in an injunction while the matter is litigated all the way back up to the SC.  And with this particular SC, the WH probably doesn’t want to take the chance of having a ruling go against maintaining broad EO powers.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

In the sense that you say that everyone is stuck in their world view even though you wouldn’t change yours no matter what. 

You do realize my point was a generality and not directed at anyone in particular, right?

Nouseforaname
3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

You do realize my point was a generality and not directed at anyone in particular, right?

Yes.  

• Cheers 1

IDBillzFan
15 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I hadn't heard that.  How'd they expect that to work?  Put abortion clinics in national parks?  "Yellowstone National Park and Family Planning Center."  The US Army Corps of Engineers is going to become an abortion provider?  

No. Really. National parks. They really are that effin' stupid.

Before Harris’ interview aired Monday, Warren suggested that the Biden administration could move to set up Planned Parenthood outposts on the edges of national parks. Utah, Texas, and South Dakota are among the Republican-led states where such a strategy could be deployed — almost certainly sparking legal pushback from GOP officials.

“They could put up tents, have trained personnel — and be there to help people who need it,” Warren told the Washington Post. “It’s time to declare a medical emergency.”

During a Friday rally in New York City, Ocasio-Cortez urged the Biden administration to “open abortion clinics on federal lands in red states right now,” an effort that would likely involve utilizing Defense Department and Veterans Affairs facilities.

• Facepalm 1
  • Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino

Hunch: They're going to remove him before midterms. And try to couple it with an arrest or two of high level Trumpians (or the man himself) as their "October Surprise". 

Crap Throwing Clavin
51 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Hunch: They're going to remove him before midterms. And try to couple it with an arrest or two of high level Trumpians (or the man himself) as their "October Surprise". 

1) Depends on the polls.  If we see the House might swing Republican in mid-terms, they're remove him early.  If the House stays blue, and the Senate gains a couple of Democrats, they'll wait until next year to remove him.  Either way, it's dictated by who they want to get in office as VP, and how hard they have to work to get the nomination through Congress.

2) Which also leads to the question: who do they want for Kamala's VP?  Will they go with their idiocy that Pelosi gets promoted by default because "line of succession?"  Or will they actually try to get someone nominated and approved?  And who?  Warren?  AOC?  Buttigieg?  Maybe Beto?  Chuck Shroomer?  "Rachel" Levine?  Or maybe just nominate Hillary?  

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

1) Depends on the polls.  If we see the House might swing Republican in mid-terms, they're remove him early.  If the House stays blue, and the Senate gains a couple of Democrats, they'll wait until next year to remove him.  Either way, it's dictated by who they want to get in office as VP, and how hard they have to work to get the nomination through Congress.

2) Which also leads to the question: who do they want for Kamala's VP?  Will they go with their idiocy that Pelosi gets promoted by default because "line of succession?"  Or will they actually try to get someone nominated and approved?  And who?  Warren?  AOC?  Buttigieg?  Maybe Beto?  Chuck Shroomer?  "Rachel" Levine?  Or maybe just nominate Hillary?  

:beer: 

1) That's the gamble though, isn't it? All the polling (for what it's worth) shows a massacre coming. The DNC might be able to save a few seats, but will it be enough? And are they willing to gamble by waiting into the fall? Especially if the iCloud leak takes all the oxygen out of the midterm races as candidates are asked to comment on its contents (I know, that's asking a lot from the media who likely will go out of their way to ignore it). Joe's under 30% approval as of today. 

2) I think from everything that's been going on the past few weeks with Newsome injecting himself into other states' affairs, he's their pick. He'll be the VP - and if Harris falters (which she will), he becomes the candidate in '24. And he, like Harris, has no shot of winning nationally. 

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Is that confirmed? I read that it was not a true accounting for what was in there, but didn't bother to chase it down.

To be honest, I don't know. Just struck me as kind of funny.

Please, by all means, if you come across something more substantial, post it!

• Like 1