Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

I should add, I am well known on boards of my division. 

Hawk fans hate me.    Our politics do not align. 

this is my home board:  ramsfansunited.com

Edited by RedAlice
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

4 hours ago, RedAlice said:

I should add, I am well known on boards of my division. 

Hawk fans hate me.    Our politics do not align. 

this is my home board:  ramsfansunited.com

Welcome to the board. Former CA resident for 30 years, most in SoCal (Orange County).

Was just thinking this morning about your team. There is so much hype about the Bills finally returning to the SB this year. I believe the sports media likes to hype things way, way, way up because there is a lot of clicks to be had when that hyped up thing starts to fall. So all the Bills To The Super Bowl stuff gives me agita.

Then I remind myself that right after the Rams trade for Stafford, the talk quickly became Rams to the Super Bowl, and I remember thinking "Yeah, I like Stafford, but let's not get crazy." Glad to have been wrong. I hope the talking heads are equally prescient this year.

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 hours ago, RedAlice said:

I am taking my time reading.  

Here is what I have learned so far:

Bills fans know football.  

You all are not delusional, definitely not like Cowboy fans. 

I don’t completely know your division, but you seem same as me in that regard. (I hate the Niners)

You all are funny.  And seem to argue without maliciousness. 

Also, I am the rare Cali fan who is a conservative.  So, I am enjoying.

Welcome to the board.  You're an idiot.

(Someone else can explain it.)

5 hours ago, RedAlice said:

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Welcome to the board.  You're an idiot.

(Someone else can explain it.)

It's a "rite of passage". We all have been called an idiot by the "Crap Thrower" over the years.

(some of us more than others  :whistling:  )

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

It's a "rite of passage". We all have been called an idiot by the "Crap Thrower" over the years.

(some of us more than others  :whistling:  )

6mzc88.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 5:02 PM, Nouseforaname said:

So musk never read the methodology that he’s challenging? Is he secretly Nancy pelosi?

this might help,

but it does conflict with your daily talking points

Read Elon Musk's Response to Twitter After It Sued Him (businessinsider.com)

It continued: "The core dispute over false and spam accounts is fundamental to Twitter's value. It is also extremely fact and expert-intensive, requiring substantial time for discovery. Twitter is a social media platform whose self-professed key performance metric is monetizable daily active users."

"Since the Agreement was first signed, new facts have come to light that call into doubt the truthfulness of Twitter's curiously static representation in SEC filings that less than 5% of its accounts are false or spam."

from the Response:

Par 4:   In a May 6 meeting with Twitter executives, Musk was flabbergasted to learn just how meager Twitter’s process was. Human reviewers randomly sampled 100 accounts per day (less than 0.00005% of daily users) and applied unidentified standards to somehow conclude every quarter for nearly three years that fewer than 5% of Twitter users were false or spam. That’s it. No automation, no AI, no machine learning.

Par 5:    Indeed, on June 20 Twitter admitted
the information it provided “is insufficient to perform the spam analysis. . . .” Put
simply, Defendants asked for—and were refused—the same information that Twitter
relies on in making its <5% representation. The limited information Twitter has
provided calls its representations into serious doubt.

Par 7:     Given that the Agreement’s Termination Date is automatically stayed,
it is unnecessary to resolve these weighty considerations on a breakneck schedule.

Par 9:    On April 25, 2022, Defendants and Musk entered into the Agreement

to purchase Twitter. (Compl. ¶39) Rather than engaging in prolonged diligence pre-

signing, Defendants bargained for and received representations and warranties
regarding Twitter’s condition and broad information rights. (MTE Ex. 3 at 5-6)

Par 10:    The Agreement contains a representation that Twitter’s SEC filings—
and thus its userbase disclosures—are accurate. Specifically, Twitter represented
that “none of the Company SEC Documents at the time it was filed . . . contained
any untrue statement of a material fact” or omitted facts necessary to make the
statements included misleading. (MTE Ex. 1 (“Agreement”) § 4.6(a)) Musk relied
on this representation—and Twitter’s SEC disclosures—to sign the deal. (Ex. 1 at
1)
Par 11:    The Agreement also contains an information covenant, requiring
Twitter to “furnish promptly to [Defendants] all information concerning the business,
properties and personnel of the Company and its Subsidiaries . . . for any reasonable
business purpose related to the consummation of the transactions contemplated
by this Agreement . . . .” (Agreement §6.4) Similarly, Twitter must provide
information relevant to obtaining financing. (Id. §6.11)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RedAlice said:

Well, I obviously now love you. 

norcal is a problem - they all think they ARE It.  Believe me, I work in the tech industry. 

I found here because after the Rams won the SB I was looking to see what fans of other teams thought.  

For me, this was a long journey. My team went to the Midwest, I went to see them there a lot.  Loved them even in the losing years.  So, I was curious what was being said by fans of other teams. 

When I started reading the current events section, I felt at home. 

I can see what you are trying to do and believe me I am flattered but am happily married. LOL. Good to have you aboard. You may not like us after week 1. 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Of course, almost all German uranium comes from sources controlled by Rosatom. 

You know, the Russian nuclear company that the Clinton State Department okay'd the sale of Uranium One to in 2013, with attendant payments to Bill and the Clinton Foundation...

• Wow 1
  • Cheers 2

One day we're going to find out the real reason the Biden administration is so hellbent on getting little kids to receive sex reassignment surgery.

I mean, it's not like this is a large swath of the country that has been begging for these services.

And yet they focus SO much time and effort, it's mind boggling.

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Science................................... It was good while it lasted.

Are these same anthropologists also in favor of not classifying living people by gender & race?  If so, maybe there is a certain merit to their position.

If not, why so ####ing hypocritical?

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Science................................... It was good while it lasted.

One of the academics objecting to this effort to stop gender identifications, San Jose State archaeology Professor Elizabeth Weiss, is currently  suing her school. Weiss maintains that she was barred from access to the human remains collection due to her opposition to the repatriation of human remains.

Professors Elizabeth DiGangi of Binghamton University and Jonathan Bethard of the University of South Florida have also challenged the use of racial classifications in a study, objecting that “[a]ncestry estimation contributes to white supremacy.”  The authors write that “we use critical race theory to interrogate the approaches utilized to estimate ancestry to include a critique of the continued use of morphoscopic traits, and we assert that the practice of ancestry estimation contributes to white supremacy.”

The professors refer to the practice as “dangerous” and wrote in a letter to the editor that such practices must be changed in light of recent racial justice concerns.

[...]

The end result of such proposals would be to curtail or bar the classification of human remains by gender or ancestral heritage by anthropologists.

You can't argue both for repatriation of skeletal remains to indigenous peoples, and against the identification of skeletal remains as indigenous.  :facepalm:

7 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

One day we're going to find out the real reason the Biden administration is so hellbent on getting little kids to receive sex reassignment surgery.

I mean, it's not like this is a large swath of the country that has been begging for these services.

And yet they focus SO much time and effort, it's mind boggling.

There is a special place in Hell for people like this.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2