Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin
52 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Not the US SC but rather the Wisconsin Supreme Court.

Wisconsin Supreme Court outlaws ballot drop boxes for elections

Of course, progressives who are worried that SCOTUS will decrease state court oversight of state legislature management of elections don't realize that it would also invalidate this court decision.

Because progressives are complete &#%$ing idiots.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

As with Covid's origins, WMD, RussiaGate, et al - the truth always comes out well after the fact, when only the minimum amount of people will pay attention or bother to reassess what they think they know and why. The narrative engineers know that people largely believe what they first hear from a microphone or byline - and moving them off that position is near impossible after a certain amount of time. 

Because it's far easier to trick people than convince people that they've been tricked. 

I hear ya.

However, I think that people tend to hear what they want to hear. Meaning, that even if the first thing they heard was contrary to their cognitive biases, they would try and dismiss it because it didn't jive with what they expect to be heard and that they would wait or seek to find a perspective that would reinforce their world view.

If what is coming,  is what I fear is coming, there are going to be a whole crap load of people standing in the streets drooling because their paradigm is forever gone and they won't quite know how to deal with it.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

I'm slightly encouraged that the administration ultimately decided NOT to use executive powers to invalidate the Supreme Court.

I'm more dismayed that they even considered it, though.

But still...slightly encouraged.  The Obama admin definitely would have declared an emergency.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

IDBillzFan
2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:
I'm slightly encouraged that the administration ultimately decided NOT to use executive powers to invalidate the Supreme Court.

I'm more dismayed that they even considered it, though.

But still...slightly encouraged.  The Obama admin definitely would have declared an emergency.

I was particularly dismayed by the far left (AOC, Fauxcahontas) request to put abortion clinics on federal land.

You would think people in their position would be smart enough to be surrounded by staff willing to let them know that an idea like this is, well, completely unhinged, stupid as shit, and just not possible.

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I was particularly dismayed by the far left (AOC, Fauxcahontas) request to put abortion clinics on federal land.

You would think people in their position would be smart enough to be surrounded by staff willing to let them know that an idea like this is, well, completely unhinged, stupid as shit, and just not possible.

I hadn't heard that.  How'd they expect that to work?  Put abortion clinics in national parks?  "Yellowstone National Park and Family Planning Center."  The US Army Corps of Engineers is going to become an abortion provider?  

If these people spent even a third of the time they spend pitching severely ignorant and retarded ideas instead on meaningful and constructive legislation, they might actually get their way once in a while.  

Nouseforaname
3 hours ago, Foxx said:

I hear ya.

However, I think that people tend to hear what they want to hear. Meaning, that even if the first thing they heard was contrary to their cognitive biases, they would try and dismiss it because it didn't jive with what they expect to be heard and that they would wait or seek to find a perspective that would reinforce their world view.

If what is coming,  is what I fear is coming, there are going to be a whole crap load of people standing in the streets drooling because their paradigm is forever gone and they won't quite know how to deal with it.

And what you fear is coming doesn’t end up happening, will you change your world view ?

12 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

And what you fear is coming doesn’t end up happening, will you change your world view ?

Even though my world view isn't really known, being I haven't articulated it... Honestly, probably not. I live much like our forefathers did, I don't trust our government farther than I could throw them.

Question for you. If it does come to pass will you change your world view? Remember, honesty counts here.

Nouseforaname
1 minute ago, Foxx said:

Even though my world view isn't really known, being I haven't  articulated it... Honestly, probably not. I live much like our forefathers did. I don't trust our government farther than I could throw them.

Question for you. If it does come to pass will you change your world view? Remember, honesty counts here.

You’re the one criticizing everyone that they’re stuck in their views…

Edited by Nouseforaname

2 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I don’t know what your world view émis either …

Okay, let me rephrase the question.

If what you expect to happen, doesn't, will you change your world view?

Nouseforaname
6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Okay, let me rephrase the question.

If what you expect to happen, doesn't, will you change your world view?

That’s a difficult question.  I think the world is made up of incompetent people and organizations who are also highly corrupt.

The only difference between me and you is that I don’t think enough people can get together to coordinate tieing a pair of shoes let alone a global conspiracy.  

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

That’s a difficult question.  I think the world is made up of incompetent people and organizations who are also highly corrupt.

The only difference between me and you is that I don’t think enough people can get together to coordinate tieing a pair of shoes let alone a global conspiracy.  

Well, you raise a good and valid point. One that I have seen @Crap Throwing Monkey consistently raise and one that is hard pressed to disagree with.

On the one hand I have to agree.

On the other, if you stop to think about it, there is just way too much hinky shit that goes on in the world for it to be a coincidence.

Take for example how all across the MSM you will find coordinated, verbatium, talking points. That this happens, there can be no denying, it is well documented. And while we know it happens for a fact, do we see any leaks about the fact that there is this coordinated effort to control the hive mind? No we don't. At least not any more than we see in the leaks coming out about the corrupt .gov.

No doubt, you have a valid argument. But I think if you're being honest, you would say that there is at least smoke within the fire of mine.

• Wow 1

Fansince88
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Wouldnt it be illegal on federal land if it is a state right not federal? 

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Foxx said:

Well, you raise a good and valid point. One that I have seen @Crap Throwing Monkey consistently raise and one that is hard pressed to disagree with.

One the one hand I have to agree.

On the other, if you stop to think about it, there is just way too much hinky shit that goes on in the world for it to be a coincidence.

The human brain is a highly optimized and evolved pattern recognition engine.

One of the unfortunate side-effects of that is that people have a marked tendency to see patterns where none really exist. And one of the unfortunate side-effects of that side-effect is that such pattern-misidentification tends to be self-reinforcing - when you start seeing the same pattern everywhere, you also see the pattern of recurrence of that pattern. 

Or to put it more pithily: conspiracy theorizing is a self-fulfilling prophecy.  When you see patterns of "hinky shit," you will not only start to see them everywhere, but you will see "meta-patterns" of hinky "hinky shit" shit.  (Which phrasing you can feel free to quote me on.)

Which is also why the scientific method has been developed over centuries: to reduce, via a series of measurable and repeatable processes, the pattern recognition bias of the human brain.    

And coincidence is still a very, very real thing.  But the human brain is simply not wired to believe in coincidence.  There is, quite simply, an evolutionary disadvantage to thinking those shadows in the underbrush are just a coincidence and not a threat.  The Holocene hunter whose pattern-recognition engine sees a charging giant short-faced bear in every shadow lives to breed little Holocene children with pattern-recognition engines that see charging giant short-faced bears in every shadow, whereas the Holocene basket weaver who says "Oh, look...those shadows resemble a charging giant short-faced bear.  What an interesting coincidence!" eventually becomes giant short-faced bear scat.

• Like 2

Nouseforaname
9 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

On the one hand I have to agree.

Take for example how all across the MSM you will find coordinated, verbatium, talking points. That this happens, there can be no denying, it is well documented. And while we know it happens for a fact, do we see any leaks about the fact that there is this coordinated effort to control the hive mind? No we don't. At least not any more than we see in the leaks coming out about the corrupt .gov.

No doubt, you have a valid argument. But I think if you're being honest, you would say that there is at least smoke within the fire of mine.

Are they coordinated or just lack originality? And what hinky shit?

Take a specific example, COVID and Justin Trudeau.  Many conspiracy theorists think he’s part of some master plan with regards to COVID but he was heavily criticized (by myself as well as many other Canadians) because he did nothing to stop people from coming in to Canada because of COVID.  Not only that but he constantly dismissed it until the provinces went after him.

After that, he failed to secure vaccines.

Then, he called an election at the worst possible time and returned right where he started if only because the opposition was so bad.

And now, he’s managed to shit the bed so bad with airport management and passports that even the most ardent liberal voters I know will no longer support him and he only remains in power because the opposition party is still choosing a leader and he has a deal with a minority party that will probably crash soon.

For me it’s pure incompetence.  He is a hack and an opportunist and a skilled politician which is the only reason he’s been here this long. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Wouldnt it be illegal on federal land if it is a state right not federal? 

Interestingly, no.  The federal groups that manage federal lands (BLM, USACE, DOI, Forest Service, a few others) usually opt to apply state law on federal lands...but they are under absolutely no obligation to.

Interestingly, the federal government organizations that manage federal land opt to apply state gun laws on federal lands...which has interesting 2nd Amendment implications for the progressive's argument that state abortion laws shouldn't apply on federal land.

• Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
25 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

The human brain is a highly optimized and evolved pattern recognition engine.

One of the unfortunate side-effects of that is that people have a marked tendency to see patterns where none really exist. And one of the unfortunate side-effects of that side-effect is that such pattern-misidentification tends to be self-reinforcing - when you start seeing the same pattern everywhere, you also see the pattern of recurrence of that pattern. 

Or to put it more pithily: conspiracy theorizing is a self-fulfilling prophecy.  When you see patterns of "hinky shit," you will not only start to see them everywhere, but you will see "meta-patterns" of hinky "hinky shit" shit.  (Which phrasing you can feel free to quote me on.)

Which is also why the scientific method has been developed over centuries: to reduce, via a series of measurable and repeatable processes, the pattern recognition bias of the human brain.    

And coincidence is still a very, very real thing.  But the human brain is simply not wired to believe in coincidence.  There is, quite simply, an evolutionary disadvantage to thinking those shadows in the underbrush are just a coincidence and not a threat.  The Holocene hunter whose pattern-recognition engine sees a charging giant short-faced bear in every shadow lives to breed little Holocene children with pattern-recognition engines that see charging giant short-faced bears in every shadow, whereas the Holocene basket weaver who says "Oh, look...those shadows resemble a charging giant short-faced bear.  What an interesting coincidence!" eventually becomes giant short-faced bear scat.

We’re also wired to look at entities we don’t understand and apply intent.

Both of us have worked in many large organizations that are consistently a mess and that’s how we realized that these same entities can’t possibly even manage a lemonade stand.  Hell I’ve worked with colleagues in teams of two in which neither knew or cared what the other did.

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

We’re also wired to look at entities we don’t understand and apply intent.

Not me.

I mean, I don't understand why Spartacus is such a raving idiot, but I don't see any intent behind it.  He's just a raving idiot.

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Uh, we're not a "functioning democracy". We're a Federal Republic.

&#%$ing drunken idiot Irishman.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
3 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

I think there’s a disconnect.

It’s beyond self-evident that there is a “class” of hyper-component individuals.

Those are the people who have driven humanity forward.

It’s also beyond self-evident that a percentage of those people would be prone to corruption, and that another, likely larger, percentage could be drawn into corruption.

Adam Smith made this observation in The Wealth of Nations.

Your folly, I think, is that you seem to assume that such a “cabal” would be formed inside of government(s), instead of by the hyper-component outside of government who control the world.

• Cheers 2