Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

25 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

No, actually I meant literally paying off his base.

Plenty of progressives who paid $100k for gender studies degrees who are working at Starbucks and can't figure out why they have to pay back what they borrowed.

Yeah, that's what I meant. :classic_laugh:

27 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Plenty of progressives who paid $100k for gender studies degrees who are working at Starbucks and can't figure out why they have to pay back what they borrowed.

That, and any banks that actually provided that money (not all loans were always federal and thought (perhaps incorrectly) even the federal loans have middlemen that actually push the money out & then handle the administrative side) will now get the outstanding balance back in a lump sum so they can loan it out at the new higher rates.

Win-win for everybody looking to collect rent on the taxpayers' dime.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Maybe gender studies and equity degree programs should require a course in basic math so the graduates understand the concept of compound interest

See how stupid I am? This late an age I decided to go back to school for Biblical Studies because it is simply something I totally enjoy. 

But through the beginning process I did the obligatory financial check-in that included a bunch of stuff on how to pay back loans etc, how much do you make, how are you going to pay for classes etc. Through it I was told as a part time student I qualified for a 17,900 loan for this school year but I had planned on just paying as i go anyway.

Now I know how stupid it was not to take the loan and let all of America pay it back for me. Heck, you know he is only doing the 10,000 now so he can do it again in 2024.

It's good to be king and able to buy votes!

Nouseforaname
20 minutes ago, Cinga said:

See how stupid I am? This late an age I decided to go back to school for Biblical Studies because it is simply something I totally enjoy. 

But through the beginning process I did the obligatory financial check-in that included a bunch of stuff on how to pay back loans etc, how much do you make, how are you going to pay for classes etc. Through it I was told as a part time student I qualified for a 17,900 loan for this school year but I had planned on just paying as i go anyway.

Now I know how stupid it was not to take the loan and let all of America pay it back for me. Heck, you know he is only doing the 10,000 now so he can do it again in 2024.

It's good to be king and able to buy votes!

I never took a student loan but does not paying back a student loan or being late affect your credit score?

1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

I never took a student loan but does not paying back a student loan or being late affect your credit score?

It does, however your given a bunch of chances and can ask for time if your between jobs etc. or at least that's the way I took it when I went through the motions. I've never, either now, or years ago when I first went, taken out a loan, always paid as I went though a partial academic also helped a lot. 

But people haven't had to pay on those loans now for over a year and are free of interest accrual too thanks to Rona D Virus.  Word is today that Xiden is going to extend that into next year as well in order to string along those that will vote for more of this bullshit

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Would someone please come get grandpa and bring him back to his room?

Transcribe?  Hell, imagine being the person who has to sign that, real-time, for the deaf.

• Applause 1

4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Transcribe?  Hell, imagine being the person who has to sign that, real-time, for the deaf.

This guy?

image.jpeg.acb3989a55b9ac161e4e6c28ae0e2dfb.jpeg

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, Ann said:

The last few months reminds me of looting the treasury in the last days of Republic.

I'm just letting the WH know that all my bills, from my mortgage to my electric bill, all identify as student loans now.

Championship!

Happy Dance Dancing GIF - Happy Dance Dancing Oh Yeah - Discover & Share  GIFs

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

While at the same time, further alienating the poor and minorities that might have gone to continued education themselves if they knew it would be forgiven. Can we say this buyout is racist?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

And yet their most reliable demographic since the mid-60's has been inner city African Americans who often have rather low rates of college attendance.

@Cinga might be onto something here.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

only Soros funded DAs can choose which laws to enforce

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/cops-shut-down-8-year-old-girls-lemonade-stand-protect-society-unlicensed-lemonade

Unfortunately for Asa, however, her summer of entrepreneurial spirit would come to a grinding halt when police shut down her stand for the crime of selling lemonade without a permit.

FOX 8 reached out to the city who stated that the police department is obligated to enforce the city's ordinances — apparently, even if it means quashing an 8-year-old girl's spirit.

• Haha 1

Nouseforaname
44 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And yet their most reliable demographic since the mid-60's has been inner city African Americans who often have rather low rates of college attendance.

@Cinga might be onto something here.

There’s no question that the democrats have changed their target audience.  Not because they’re liberals but because they’re progressives.