Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Kathy Hochul, WNY Gub'ner.

snafu

On 10/8/2021 at 6:27 PM, Foxx said:

You mean... it's not a job prerequisite?

Well, she's a Democrat...so it's not the water.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

They've been ripped up for a while. We've been to states where they truck in whole facilities when the main facility is being reconstructed. NYS has done this very poorly.

Which is truly shocking because our state government has been a model of efficiency and foresight for so many years now.  :sarcasm2:

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Ann said:

Sounds so far like it was thrown out for the same reasons given in every other case that threw the mandate out and the judge seems to have included both. First, irreparable harm to young people over it, then the big one, a governor/mayor/etc does not have the authority to make law without the legislature. Call it a "rule" all you want, but it is still dictatorial law. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

Sounds so far like it was thrown out for the same reasons given in every other case that threw the mandate out and the judge seems to have included both. First, irreparable harm to young people over it, then the big one, a governor/mayor/etc does not have the authority to make law without the legislature. Call it a "rule" all you want, but it is still dictatorial law. 

Maybe the legislature will renew the Governess’ emergency powers. 
It’s a single party State, after all.

• Angry 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Cinga said:

Which is very interesting, because state health departments usually have very broad latitude for declaring such mandates during a declared public health crisis - which, last I knew, COVID is in NYS.  Historically, this has been within the state executive's purview.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Which is very interesting, because state health departments usually have very broad latitude for declaring such mandates during a declared public health crisis - which, last I knew, COVID is in NYS.  Historically, this has been within the state executive's purview.  

Yeah, but those emergency powers don't extend into perpetuity with most states granting the authority for 30 days. I think what we're seeing in a lot of these cases is the state and local legislatures, and even the judiciary thought this was all fine and dandy in the beginning but are now seeing it as an erosion of their own power and having regrets. 

Now if DC would come around and stop this EO nonsense we've been seeing since they can't seem to get any legislation done. Don't get me wrong, I like that Washington cant get anything done cause it means they will screw up less. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Maybe the legislature will renew the Governess’ emergency powers. 
It’s a single party State, after all.

Her Majesty does have an Alice look about her doesn't she?

Separated at birth perhaps?

Not Worthy GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Cinga

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

Her Majesty does have an Alice look about her doesn't she?

Separated at birth perhaps?

Not Worthy GIFs | Tenor

I've seen a lot of people refer to her look as Funeral Home Make-up. She should find Nancy's old stylist (the one she had about 4-5 years ago) and hire her for make-up.

18 minutes ago, Ann said:

I've seen a lot of people refer to her look as Funeral Home Make-up. She should find Nancy's old stylist (the one she had about 4-5 years ago) and hire her for make-up.

Maybe that's it... If you can look beyond her make-up and attitude she's not un-attractive (though I wouldn't rush to date her) but she most certainly needs a makeover of both.... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RkFast said:

Nothing enrages me more that when Karen Hochul trots out the "its my job to protect you" line. 

But it's a standard politicians line, particularly for the left. Let's be honest, in today society many people WANT someone else to take responsibility for them so they can keep blaming everyone else for their woes.... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RkFast said:

Nothing enrages me more that when Karen Hochul trots out the "its my job to protect you" line. 

Exactly why I call her Governess.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cinga said:

Maybe that's it... If you can look beyond her make-up and attitude she's not un-attractive (though I wouldn't rush to date her) but she most certainly needs a makeover of both.... 

Im pretty sure she can eat two rows of corn with those teeth. 

• 3 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
25 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Democrat Party hypocrisy ?

Good thing I was sitting down.

Hey, when infants have to do PR in front of the cameras at public events, then they can unmask too.

44 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Hey, when infants have to do PR in front of the cameras at public events, then they can unmask too.

When Hochul can govern better than an infant she can take her mask off.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2