Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Kathy Hochul, WNY Gub'ner.

snafu

Fansince88
10 hours ago, Ann said:

2035, I think

That will make mowing 2 acres @65yo a lot of fun. Might have to get a goat or two.

2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

That will make mowing 2 acres @65yo a lot of fun. Might have to get a goat or two.

It is new vehicles, I went searching. We will all be dead before it impacts heavy duty vehicles. I do not know if it impacts farm equipment.

New York Governor Kathy Hochul signed legislation on Wednesday [this was in September] that effectively bans the sale of new internal combustion engine cars, off-road vehicles, light-duty trucks and equipment by 2035.

The legislation, introduced by New York state senator Pete Harckham, also requires new heavy- and medium-duty trucks for sale in New York to be in the “zero-emissions” category by 2045.

</snip>

• Facepalm 2
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Are they really going to outlaw gas engines in lawn mowers and tractors in NY next year??  Anyone else hear this?

13 hours ago, Ann said:

2035, I think

5 minutes ago, Ann said:

It is new vehicles, I went searching. We will all be dead before it impacts heavy duty vehicles. I do not know if it impacts farm equipment.

New York Governor Kathy Hochul signed legislation on Wednesday [this was in September] that effectively bans the sale of new internal combustion engine cars, off-road vehicles, light-duty trucks and equipment by 2035.

The legislation, introduced by New York state senator Pete Harckham, also requires new heavy- and medium-duty trucks for sale in New York to be in the “zero-emissions” category by 2045.

</snip>

And in 2036 comes the Carbon Offset tax on existing lawnmowers

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ann said:

</snip>

I'll have to stock up on used trucks.

10 hours ago, Ann said:

</snip>

I'll be 88 then if still alive.

• 2 weeks later...
CarpetCrawler
On 5/9/2022 at 9:07 AM, devnull said:

And in 2036 comes the Carbon Offset tax on existing lawnmowers

I'll have to steer my grandchildren into the astroturf business before i kick off.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

need to keep those gun free zones available for orchestrated mass shooting ops

https://apnews.com/article/us-supreme-court-new-york-gun-politics-legislature-kathy-hochul-7df2c33a805cc1d99b2dd430675d3d53

Hochul and fellow Democrats also plan on creating a comprehensive list of “sensitive places” where the average citizen will be banned entirely from carrying firearms, including government buildings, hospitals, schools and public transit.

• 3 weeks later...

Hochul and James are appealing this ruling:

State Supreme Court shoots down quarantine and isolation provision

A New York State provision establishing isolation and quarantine procedures for those suspected of having a contagious disease was shot down in State Supreme Court on Friday night, as State Senator George Borello and his fellow plaintiffs won their lawsuit, claiming the provision was unconstitutional.

</snip>

The ruling was decided by Judge Ronald Ploetz of the State Supreme Court of Cattaraugus County, who said “there is already established Public Health Law 2120 governing isolation and quarantine, which balances individual rights and the need for public safety.”

“This ruling is a victory for the citizens of New York State because it affirms that their power, through their legislative representation, cannot be usurped,” Senator Borrello said.

</snip>

• Like 2
  • FANtastic 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Hochul and James are appealing this ruling:

State Supreme Court shoots down quarantine and isolation provision

A New York State provision establishing isolation and quarantine procedures for those suspected of having a contagious disease was shot down in State Supreme Court on Friday night, as State Senator George Borello and his fellow plaintiffs won their lawsuit, claiming the provision was unconstitutional.

</snip>

The ruling was decided by Judge Ronald Ploetz of the State Supreme Court of Cattaraugus County, who said “there is already established Public Health Law 2120 governing isolation and quarantine, which balances individual rights and the need for public safety.”

“This ruling is a victory for the citizens of New York State because it affirms that their power, through their legislative representation, cannot be usurped,” Senator Borrello said.

</snip>

Of course, the court didn't actually shut down quarantine and isolation provisions, since Public Health Law 2120 still applies.

It just affirmed that the Governor can't make it up as they go along.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

I wish that I knew this ruling Saturday. I was just talking with Sen. Borrello here in town, he was here for a local festival to drum up support.

Of course, he complimented my dog, so now I will follow him to the ends of the earth..........lol.

2 hours ago, Cinga said:

Sad  part s, the assailant is back out already on a second degree assault charge thanks to NY lax bail laws. And of course they will blame it on Zeldin "hateful  rhetoric" instead of condemning the  attack

https://www.foxnews.com/us/alleged-lee-zeldin-attempted-attacker-charged-felony-immediately-released-just-congressman-predicted 

And to think, Fairport is one of the saner towns around here.

• Like 1

So my question is this. How is Hochul telling her supporters to look at his schedule different than Trump telling his supporters to go to the capital?  Meanwhile, I, a law abiding conceal carry permit holder cant carry most places in NY. Seems safe. IM convinced NY planned this by:

1) Bail reform

2) releasing thousands of "incarcerated individuals"

3) new gun laws.

Creating a narrative by becoming the narrative.  This is well planned out people. Wake up.

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 hours ago, Ann said:

Whoa

Democrats will deny any responsibility, no matter how tenuous.  Despite having blamed Palin for Gabby Gifford's shooting because she put target images on a map.

• Like 2