Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

COVID-19 Viruses and Vaccines

Foxx

I'm really interested to see how this plays out. I've mentioned here a couple of times that my 17-year-old son really has his eyes set on attending either West Point or USAFA. It's a pretty difficult road, but in the end, his heart tells him he wants to serve, so even if he doesn't get into an academy, he has plans.

I know there is a difference between attending an academy and just enlisting, but I can't help but wonder if academy applications are down as well.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing who wins this game of chicken this week.

17 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm really interested to see how this plays out. I've mentioned here a couple of times that my 17-year-old son really has his eyes set on attending either West Point or USAFA. It's a pretty difficult road, but in the end, his heart tells him he wants to serve, so even if he doesn't get into an academy, he has plans.

I know there is a difference between attending an academy and just enlisting, but I can't help but wonder if academy applications are down as well.

There's also a difference between enlisting and being commissioned as an officer, which requires a college degree.

If your kid is serious about a career in the military, I would encourage him to get a degree and go in as an officer.

6 minutes ago, devnull said:

There's also a difference between enlisting and being commissioned as an officer, which requires a college degree.

If your kid is serious about a career in the military, I would encourage him to get a degree and go in as an officer.

Absolutely. He has no interest in enlisting for the sake of being a soldier. His grades aren't quite where they should be, but everything else rounds out really well. His SAT scores are really good, and after a week in Boise at Boys State, he was just selected as one of two students representing Idaho at Boys Nation in DC next month, which I'm told is a VERY good resume item and helps him to get his congressional/senatorial letter of recommendation needed for the Academies.

In the end, he's a really smart and ambitious kid, and I just keep reminding him that, anymore, enlisting is what you do when you literally have no other options or direction. He gets it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

In the end, he's a really smart and ambitious kid, and I just keep reminding him that, anymore, enlisting is what you do when you literally have no other options or direction. He gets it.

Nothing wrong with enlisting

• Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Wawrow used to post like this and it drove me effin' crazy. At one point I was like "Dude, you're a freaking journalist. A writer by trade. The AP Style Book is your Bible. Is it too much to ask for you to use basic punctuation? Maybe break up a paragraph or two?" How about you just start by upper casing the first letter of the first word in a new sentence?

His response was always something stupid like "I'm not on the clock and don't have a need for it."

Yeah. Okay. 

I’ll be honest I’ve posted in the same matter when I was ticked off but I swore to do better.  

To be fair to jw he was probably one shot away from passing out for the week.

56 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I’ll be honest I’ve posted in the same matter when I was ticked off but I swore to do better.  

To be fair to jw he was probably one shot away from passing out for the week.

I don't miss ATOP, but I kinda miss those solid JW 3 a.m. Hampstead Inn-bottle of Jack ragers he used to post.

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Regardless, I look forward to seeing who wins this game of chicken this week.

Understand if his heart is set on a service academy...but a good ROTC program like Texas A&M, or a state military college like VMI are also good options.  

And even then...I had a friend in college who was commissioned into the Marines straight out of graduation.  From Vassar, of all places - not exactly a school known for its ROTC program.  There's always options.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Understand if his heart is set on a service academy...but a good ROTC program like Texas A&M, or a state military college like VMI are also good options.  

And even then...I had a friend in college who was commissioned into the Marines straight out of graduation.  From Vassar, of all places - not exactly a school known for its ROTC program.  There's always options.

Yeah, ROTC schools are absolutely an option we're exploring. So much to navigate, and I'm learning there is probably a special place in hell for military recruiters.

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
49 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Yeah, ROTC schools are absolutely an option we're exploring. So much to navigate, and I'm learning there is probably a special place in hell for military recruiters.

I still remember the recruiters I met with in HS.  Almost got a pacifist, unathletic, bookish, artsy friend of mine to join the Army as an aviation mechanic.  They could sell ice to an Eskimo.  

shocking

more Big Pharma covid treatments that are totally useless

Pfizer CEO says "just take more" - ours sales depend on it

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/fauci-suffers-much-worse-covid-symptoms-after-paxlovid-rebound

As Bloomberg reports, large numbers of patients have reported the phenomenon, often called Covid rebound or Paxlovid rebound, of returning symptoms after taking a full course of Pfizer’s drug.

While Pfizer Chief Executive Officer Albert Bourlasaid in May that doctors could prescribe a second course of treatment to such patients, US drug regulators have said there’s no evidence that a repeat will help.

However, Fauci said he started taking a second course of Paxlovid after experiencing symptoms “much worse than in the first go around.”

Now near completion of the five-day oral treatment, he said he was still enduring symptoms but felt “reasonably good.”

Finally, as we reported less than two weeks ago, Pfizer stopped enrolling in a clinical trial for Paxlovid for standard-risk COVID-19 patients after the latest results suggested the drug did not reduce symptoms or hospitalizations and deaths to a statistically significant degree.

• Haha 1

https://www.zerohedge.com/sponsored-post/dr-zelenko-launches-zelenko-freedom-foundation-fight-against-medical-tyranny

“We live in a terrifying time, where big tech oligarchs censor what you can see while biased media outlets peddle false narratives in support of self-interested politicians who care more about pushing their own agenda than improving and saving peoples’ lives,” said Dr. Zelenko.

“This situation is exacerbated when you pile on a cadre of incompetent public health officials who routinely ignore the very evidence their own research organizations provide - which results in a consistent failure to accurately understand, predict, or address the impacts of public health threats like COVID-19,” said Zelenko.

“Big tech, big government, big pharma and a corrupt public health bureaucracy has resulted in a toxic cocktail that is poisoning our healthcare system, undermining our freedoms and costing the lives of countless Americans,” continued Zelenko.

“That is exactly why I am creating the Zelenko Freedom Foundation:  to regain commonsense, access accurate information, and increase awareness. The Zelenko Freedom Foundation will seek to educate the public through medical professionals dedicated to speaking truth to power in order to protect the health of all people,” said Dr. Zelenko.

9 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Zero hedge, the beacon of truth.

Zerohedge is no different than corporate media.  At least they don't pretend to hide behind marketing campaigns of trust

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

12 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

always attacking the messenger

never addressing the content

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

He gets all his info from Zerohedge, unquestioningly.  And everyone else is "sheeple."

Nouseforaname
2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

He gets all his info from Zerohedge, unquestioningly.  And everyone else is "sheeple."

Maybe they pay in nft’s?

Nouseforaname
6 hours ago, devnull said:

Zerohedge is no different than corporate media.  At least they don't pretend to hide behind marketing campaigns of trust

There’s very few posters on this site, if any, that take everything they read from corporate media at face value.

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

There’s very few posters on this site, if any, that take everything they read from corporate media at face value.

I’ve never seen you take on the content on the lone site you do attack.

You’re engaging in an Ad Hominem fallacy.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1