Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

COVID-19 Viruses and Vaccines

Foxx

3 hours ago, Ann said:

It isn't the same virus as two years ago. Is the vaccine going to work against the current strain? What about the boosters? 

the vax wasn't rolled out until 2020, after original Covid-19 it was designed for, already burnt itself out. 

no way to tell if it ever would have done any good

However, the vax didn't work against Delta or Omicron- why would it work against something else? 

Ironically, the rollout of the jabs and boosters coincided pretty closely with the explosion of Delta and Omicron. 

probably  just another in the long line of coincidences

Edited by Spartacus

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I returned last weekend from our annual industry trade show in Vegas. About 20,000 in attendance, which is half the usual crowd. Post-show Covid cases were pretty high, at least in the sense that anyone with a social media account was letting everyone else know they tested positive. 

By Sunday a.m. I had a sore throat and had some minor body aches. No fever. Mostly just a really sore throat. I was over it by yesterday taking vitamins and some naproxen I had laying around to address the aches. I'm unvaccinated.

I know one case is not a story, but pretty much everyone else who cried "Oh my gosh! I got Covid at INFOCOMM!" had the same recovery play out. It's basically just your average, run-of-the-mill virus at this point.

Most people don't know: of the hundreds of viruses that cause the common cold, something like 20% of them are coronaviruses.  And I'm willing to bet that rapid COVID tests aren't nearly specific enough to consistently differentiate between COVID and any of those hundred "common coronaviruses."

Which means the "follow the science" crowd is going to go apeshit every time someone gets a cold, since they can't distinguish between colds and COVID.  That's how stupid this whole thing has been.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Because a virus NEVER mutates to more contagious AND more deadly. They always get weaker and weaker until they just don't matter anymore.

But but, what about our winter of severe illness and death

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, devnull said:

Make no mistake, Winter is Coming. It might not be COVID, but it is coming all the same.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, devnull said:

Where is the Earth shattering kaboom!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, devnull said:

that's gonna be the dreaded monkey pox!

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Make no mistake, Winter is Coming. It might not be COVID, but it is coming all the same.

The one caused by global warming or the one caused by high gas prices, inflation, and no food?

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Cinga said:

Maybe we need a monkey pox thread but until then, be sure to follow the CDC guidelines about safe sex with monkey pox by masturbating together while maintaining 6 feet social distance

https://www.insider.com/cdc-monkeypox-sex-advice-socially-distanced-masturbation-2022-6

In point of fact, though, this outbreak seems traceable back to a single large bisexual orgy in Europe somewhere.  

So it's sound advice, if you're planning on attending any large bisexual European orgies.

• Haha 2

Nouseforaname
12 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

In point of fact, though, this outbreak seems traceable back to a single large bisexual orgy in Europe somewhere.  

So it's sound advice, if you're planning on attending any large bisexual European orgies.

Thank god I read this post before buying my ticket.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

8 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Thank god I read this post before buying my ticket.

Are the tickets refundable?  Asking for a friend.

Okay, not really asking for a friend.  Asking for Jabba.

• Haha 2

Nouseforaname
17 minutes ago, devnull said:

Are the tickets refundable?  Asking for a friend.

Okay, not really asking for a friend.  Asking for Jabba.

Only if you took monkeypox insurance.

We have a winner.

I thought it was the biker wearing a mask, but no helmet. And he was the winner...until now.

• Facepalm 3
  • Sad 1
  • Doh! 2
  • Wow 1

Big Pharma needs to keep Covid on the front burner so they can continue to crank out jabs under emergency approvals, even thought the virus is not worse than a cold or weak flu.

Covid-19 burned itself out in 2020 and with it the justification for FDA emergency approval

Moderna’s Omicron Shot Yields Antibodies Against New Variants (msn.com)

Moderna Inc.’s omicron-targeting vaccine triggered the production of antibodies against the strain’s newest variants, though the immune response was less robust than seen with the original version that emerged late last year.