Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 NFL Head Coach Openings [Daboll to the Giants - All Head Coaching Jobs are Filled]

Ann

https://www.outkick.com/are-deshaun-watson-brian-flores-headed-to-giants/

Could Deshaun Watson and former Miami Dolphins’ Brian Flores be headed to the New York Giants?

It’s been just over a week since the Fins fired Flores, but NFL insider Jordan Schultz reports that the two have been in “constant communication trying to navigate a scenario where they go to the same team.”

Schultz said Watson “trusts and likes” Flores and is adamant internally saying he’d like to play for Flores next season.

3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

https://www.outkick.com/are-deshaun-watson-brian-flores-headed-to-giants/

Could Deshaun Watson and former Miami Dolphins’ Brian Flores be headed to the New York Giants?

It’s been just over a week since the Fins fired Flores, but NFL insider Jordan Schultz reports that the two have been in “constant communication trying to navigate a scenario where they go to the same team.”

Schultz said Watson “trusts and likes” Flores and is adamant internally saying he’d like to play for Flores next season.

If Flores does end up with the Giants and Big Blue pulls off a trade for Watson, the NFL should dock them some additional draft picks:

collusion

[ kuh-loo-zhuhn ]SHOW IPA

noun
a secret agreement, especially for fraudulent or treacherous purposes; conspiracy:Some of his employees were acting in collusion to rob him.
Law. a secret understanding between two or more persons to gain something illegally, to defraud another of his or her rights, or to appear as adversaries though in agreement:collusion of husband and wife to obtain a divorce.

11 hours ago, Foxx said:

I would lay odds he is probably the prohibitive favorite at this point. Chicago has usually been defense oriented.

Maybe and he's a former Bear, but the allure of someone that can develop fields probably weighs even though that's not the head coach's job.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

Maybe and he's a former Bear, but the allure of someone that can develop fields probably weighs even though that's not the head coach's job.  

Just because a coach could develop Fields doesn't necessarily mean he would.  I wouldn't be surprised if Fields ends up like Dwayne Haskins or Wrong Josh

• Like 1

8 hours ago, devnull said:

Just because a coach could develop Fields doesn't necessarily mean he would.  I wouldn't be surprised if Fields ends up like Dwayne Haskins or Wrong Josh

what do you mean

Haskins is post -Ben QB answer in Pitt

I thought this article from The Toronto Star said the obvious part out loud about Daboll.

He may not get his shot right now because with Tomlin being the only black HC, the NFL will need to fix that lest they hear it from the woke crowd.

If some NFL team doesn’t hire Brian Daboll to be their head coach now, well, you surely have to wonder if someone ever will.

Actually, that’s not quite right. There are many variables. Specifically, the firing of Brian Flores in Miami and David Culley in Houston last week chopped the number of Black head coaches in the NFL down to one (Pittsburgh’s Mike Tomlin). Most reasonable people would agree that a league dominated by Black players (about 70 per cent) should have more Black head coaches, senior executives and owners. It’s an embarrassment, really.

The point is, the NFL desperately needs to prioritize the hiring of more Black head coaches, and that could mean some qualified white coaches — including Daboll — may not get a chance, at least not right away. Daboll’s colleague with the Buffalo Bills, defensive co-ordinator Leslie Frazier, is one of the Black NFL assistants who are being interviewed for head coaching positions. Daboll may have to bide his time a little longer if the NFL wants to begin to address this atrocious disparity.

I'm not a fan of giving a job to someone based primarily on skin color or gender. It's a bullshit move I see abused in business all the time, when cities and counties give preference to women-owned or minority-owned businesses, so a guy makes his wife a silent partner, or teams up on a bid by subbing a minority company for some work, in order to win a job, regardless of whether they're the right fit for the work.

The fact that the NFL will give a team compensatory picks if they hire a black HC is ridiculous. There are a lot of places where racism is an issue, but the NFL locker room isn't one of them.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

There are a lot of places where racism is an issue, but the NFL locker room isn't one of them.

The locker room isn't the problem...though I am kinda curious to know the absolute numbers of minorities throughout organizations. 

There has always been a little hypocrisy of players being "mostly" merit-based but it's also hard to argue that there are a lot of retread coaches who continue to cycle around the game despite not being anything special.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I thought this article from The Toronto Star said the obvious part out loud about Daboll.

He may not get his shot right now because with Tomlin being the only black HC, the NFL will need to fix that lest they hear it from the woke crowd.

I'm not a fan of giving a job to someone based primarily on skin color or gender. It's a bullshit move I see abused in business all the time, when cities and counties give preference to women-owned or minority-owned businesses, so a guy makes his wife a silent partner, or teams up on a bid by subbing a minority company for some work, in order to win a job, regardless of whether they're the right fit for the work.

The fact that the NFL will give a team compensatory picks if they hire a black HC is ridiculous. There are a lot of places where racism is an issue, but the NFL locker room isn't one of them.

I have mixred feelings on this issue. The African American tends to get overlooked in many instances because of the ratio of white over black IMO. 

I respect your point on this and wish there was a better way...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The locker room isn't the problem...though I am kinda curious to know the absolute numbers of minorities throughout organizations. 

There has always been a little hypocrisy of players being "mostly" merit-based but it's also hard to argue that there are a lot of retread coaches who continue to cycle around the game despite not being anything special.

I agree with this. It just that I don't think the owners -- individually or collectively -- look at coaching candidates and say "I like him, but I just don't want a black guy running my team." 

To me, this is what's implied when people say the NFL has to do something because there is only one black HC; that the owners don't hire black head coaches because of their skin color.

It's almost as ridiculous as Kaep trying to explain that the NFL is a plantation and the multi-million-dollar players are slaves. 

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Applause 1

14 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

The Toronto Star preaching a woke approach?  In other news the sun is reaching its ascendancy for the day and is currently heading west.  I think more of a stumbling block is while viable candidates are few hence the retreads just mentioned I think teams are generally over picking apples from the Belichick tree.  Brian might be a great coordinator but something tells me he will not be the second coming of Belichick or Shula or Walsh.  My personal feeling is I would place the odds of Daboll becoming a HC at 60 percent and Frazer at 20 percent (40 percent for the Bears job) in general.  I've kind of lost track of what is happening with most NFL teams to know the favorites this year.  

Just now, RochesterRob said:

The Toronto Star preaching a woke approach?  In other news the sun is reaching its ascendancy for the day and is currently heading west.  I think more of a stumbling block is while viable candidates are few hence the retreads just mentioned I think teams are generally over picking apples from the Belichick tree.  Brian might be a great coordinator but something tells me he will not be the second coming of Belichick or Shula or Walsh.  My personal feeling is I would place the odds of Daboll becoming a HC at 60 percent and Frazer at 20 percent (40 percent for the Bears job) in general.  I've kind of lost track of what is happening with most NFL teams to know the favorites this year.  

I don't think Daboll's appearance helps his case one bit.

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't think Daboll's appearance helps his case one bit.

No worse than the walrus who is in charge at KC.

• Haha 2