Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 NFL Head Coach Openings [Daboll to the Giants - All Head Coaching Jobs are Filled]

Ann

19 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I have to tell you...I was honestly more surprised to see Joe Douglas take the GM job than Saleh take the coaching job. 

Douglas was in Philadelphia that's no piker media market. They're brutal

43 minutes ago, Joe said:

Douglas was in Philadelphia that's no piker media market. They're brutal

My point had more to do with the well known dysfunction of the Jets' ownership and how it affects the franchise, not the idiots in the stands or media.

• Like 1

New Orleans Saints owner Gayle Benson on Sean Payton's future: 'I don't think any of us know, but he'll let us know soon enough'

New Orleans Saints owner Gayle Benson acknowledged Monday that coach Sean Payton's status remains uncertain for the 2022 season when she told local reporters, "I don't think any of us know, but he'll let us know soon enough."

NFL Network reported Sunday that Payton had not yet committed to returning to coaching the Saints in 2022. Sources confirmed to ESPN that he has made no definitive declaration -- though he was expected to return to work this week along with the rest of the Saints' coaching staff after a vacation last week.

Payton, 58, is under contract through 2024, which means a trade would have to be worked out for him to coach another team. However multiple outlets, including ESPN, have reported that television networks have shown considerable interest in Payton if he decides to retire from coaching.

Benson, who was speaking at a Mardi Gras-related event, responded to a question about Payton's status by saying, "We don't know. You know, who knows? We'll find out soon enough, I guess."

</snip>

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 hour ago, Ann said:

I’m willing to wager that he takes more than just Trubisky with him. He probably poached Dorsey as well by offering him promotion.

41 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I’m willing to wager that he takes more than just Trubisky with him. He probably poached Dorsey as well by offering him promotion.

Promotion to head coach?

he wii be the oc here

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
17 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Promotion to head coach?

he wii be the oc here

Promotion to OC for the Giants.

8 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Promotion to OC for the Giants.

Why would Dorsey choose to be OC for the Giants when he could be OC for the Bills?

• Like 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
14 minutes ago, Ann said:

Why would Dorsey choose to be OC for the Giants when he could be OC for the Bills?

It’s going to come down to four things: 

- Does he want to inherit someone else’s work, of begin to build his own

- How strong his relationship to Daboll is

- How much living in/around NYC vs Buffalo appeals to him

- Does he want playcalling duties

15 minutes ago, Ann said:

Not sure, but it looks like that's the plan, with sources in NY via Twitter confirming it's going to be Daboll as HC and Dorsey at OC for the Giants.