Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 NFL Head Coach Openings [Daboll to the Giants - All Head Coaching Jobs are Filled]

Ann

The poaching of Bills people is really a new kind of experience for me. To see the sheer number of people on the tweeter salivating over Schoen and Daboll is nothing short of miraculous if you consider where we were just five years ago

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

No worse than the walrus who is in charge at KC.

Except he has 200 games under his belt and started his coaching journey before social media.  While it's not a show-stopper, it will work against him.

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Brian might be a great coordinator but something tells me he will not be the second coming of Belichick or Shula or Walsh.

I don't know about that. He's just had a front row seat to a master's class on how to build a team and roster. My issuer with him is that he tends to get a little cocky with some calls, like the fade to Dawkins vs the Jets, or the sweep for Diggs to throw a pass. I hate that shit when the Bills do it, and I hate even when it works, like it did last night with OBJ vs. the Cardinals.

This morning I watched this Florio/Simms discussion about the Bills, and they really jumped all over the Fish for firing Flores, and then pinning the Watson stuff on him. But in the discussion, they talk about OCs trying to flash their resume during a game with crazy plays to show creativity, but that ultimately are stupidly executed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Except he has 200 games under his belt and started his coaching journey before social media.  While it's not a show-stopper, it will work against him.

I don't know about that.  We all have seen different things in our professional careers.  I've seen out of shape and poorly dressed guys get crapped on well before the age of social media.  But football seems to be a little different at least to me.  I call it the Madden effect.  Where a guy can look like John Candy or John Belushi at their worst and still can have reasonable expectations of rising up through the ranks of college or pro football.

8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I don't know about that. He's just had a front row seat to a master's class on how to build a team and roster. My issuer with him is that he tends to get a little cocky with some calls, like the fade to Dawkins vs the Jets, or the sweep for Diggs to throw a pass. I hate that shit when the Bills do it, and I hate even when it works, like it did last night with OBJ vs. the Cardinals.

This morning I watched this Florio/Simms discussion about the Bills, and they really jumped all over the Fish for firing Flores, and then pinning the Watson stuff on him. But in the discussion, they talk about OCs trying to flash their resume during a game with crazy plays to show creativity, but that ultimately are stupidly executed.

Ill pass along what I have been reading on the Fins board which I think has a grain of truth to it.  It helps any head coach to have a once in 10 year player at QB to launch his career.  Will it guarantee success?  No.  But a mediocre or worse QB has a much greater chance of ending a HC's stint with a given team.  I also think that behind close doors a HC has his finger prints on much of what is happening with a team.  It's been more than speculated here with McDermott and the defense.  I think that will be discussed in an interview for any HC position whether a candidate will be mostly hands off or hands on.  I don't think Daboll has it like his former boss Belichick who I think builds the game plan each week during the season for all aspects of the team.   

28 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Adam Gase got two head coaching jobs.  There's a reason why he wears his hats so low on his brow.

In that light, I don't think Daboll has an issue.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Joe said:

The poaching of Bills people is really a new kind of experience for me. To see the sheer number of people on the tweeter salivating over Schoen and Daboll is nothing short of miraculous if you consider where we were just five years ago

Thank you Terry and Kim Pegula, Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Foxx said:

Premature baldness working against him?

Probably more the "googly muppet eyes" thing he's got going on.

I always throw the Fish/Jets factor out when I create my opinions...for all the obvious reasons.  I've said it a couple of times already...if I'm Daboll or Frazier I don't go anywhere near either of those teams.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I always throw the Fish/Jets factor out when I create my opinions...for all the obvious reasons.  I've said it a couple of times already...if I'm Daboll or Frazier I don't go anywhere near either of those teams.

Which is why I wonder what planet I am on anymore.  For quite a long time the Bills were a team to be avoided because of the owner.  It is so different to see so many other teams have owner's issues to the point where they need to be avoided.  Anyways, I agree with you in regards to our AFCE competitors and long live Stephen Ross and the Johnson's.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 2

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Same here but gun to my head i’d actually choose the Jets as of today. I think perhaps Saleh could be in a decent position in two years. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Good luck landing Daboll!

"I said sprocket, not socket!"

(That's for Tom when he returns.)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

"I said sprocket, not socket!"

(That's for Tom when he returns.)

He said dingle arm which is what fans throw into the end zone.

• Haha 1

https://www.outkick.com/michigan-sources-claim-jim-harbaugh-will-take-las-vegas-raiders-hc-job/

One gig that isn’t receiving as much speculation is the Las Vegas Raiders head coaching vacancy, which many consider on a golden platter for Michigan Wolverines head coach Jim Harbaugh. 

Harbaugh’s fit with Las Vegas has appeared prime for a successful NFL comeback; however, some have also speculated that the rumors are also artificially pumping his own stock as Michigan sits on giving him a contract extension. 

After earning an $8 million salary in 2020, Harbaugh’s base salary was cut down to $4 million in 2021. He is in the second season of a five-year deal.