Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 NFL Head Coach Openings [Daboll to the Giants - All Head Coaching Jobs are Filled]

Ann

8 hours ago, Ann said:

Wut? :classic_blink:

wut.jpg.740220e0a8dc11511a7bd11591a2190a.jpg

Maybe they’re trying to bring back the old days when your coach was also your emergency qb, and figure he’s young enough to pull off a couple games of spot duty.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

11 minutes ago, Foxx said:

There was talk of him eventually being a HC while he was still playing.

We’ll, He did play for nine NFL teams

and amassed an impressive W/L record of 25-53-0 over the course of 16 seasons (he didn’t play in 2010).

So he looks like the PERFECT candidate to be the Texans’ HC and starting QB to fill the shoes of Deshaun-the-priapism-stricken-pervert-Watson. 

4 minutes ago, Ann said:

More wut. :classic_blink:

RIght, because the NFL has developed so many great head coaches.  If I'm the Texans' owner, I'm doing whatever the &#%$ I want because it's my money.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

RIght, because the NFL has developed so many great head coaches.  If I'm the Texans' owner, I'm doing whatever the &#%$ I want because it's my money.

Well, yes and no. If the fans leave due to silly moves, then what?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I don't know how anyone wants to go to Miami after what happened with  Flores.

And look, I get it, there are only 32 places to get that gig. But it's pretty obvious to everyone that Flores was not the issue there. Not sure I'd take that job just so I could be a HC.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I don't know how anyone wants to go to Miami after what happened with  Flores.

And look, I get it, there are only 32 places to get that gig. But it's pretty obvious to everyone that Flores was not the issue there. Not sure I'd take that job just so I could be a HC.

It reminds me of all the people who give Brady all the credit in Foxboro, pointing at Belichick's tenure in Cleveland.  Which basically ignores the facts of what really went on in Cleveland.

I don't care how smart you are - there are a lot of factors that have to be addressed to create a championship organization.  Few coaches get multiple shots at the top spot anywhere.  You better go in there with your eyes wide open, understanding that you're going to get blamed for shit that was clearly beyond your control (meddling owner, bad personnel decisions, outside distractions, etc.).

• Like 5