Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 NFL Head Coach Openings [Daboll to the Giants - All Head Coaching Jobs are Filled]

Ann

6 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

It’s going to come down to four things: 

- Does he want to inherit someone else’s work, of begin to build his own

- How strong his relationship to Daboll is

- How much living in/around NYC vs Buffalo appeals to him

- Does he want playcalling duties

So Josh Allen doesn’t even factor in as a bullet point?

Shirley.

Allen addressed the Daboll thing in his presser yesterday.  Without saying it he expects Daboll is gone and he endorsed Dorsey.  I’m thinking he might not have done that without it being discussed once or twice.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
10 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Shirley.

Allen addressed the Daboll thing in his presser yesterday.  Without saying it he expects Daboll is gone and he endorsed Dorsey.  I’m thinking he might not have done that without it being discussed once or twice.

I don’t think Allen is a huge factor in Dorsey’s decision. He certainly could be, but I think the other four are much bigger.

I think the biggest factor is whether Dorsey wants the responsibility of being a playcaller at this point in his career, or if he’d prefer to continue to learn under Daboll. He is only 37 after all.

And again, reports (for whatever they’re worth) seem to have Dorsey following Daboll to Jersey.

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I don’t think Allen is a huge factor in Dorsey’s decision. He certainly could be, but I think the other four are much bigger.

I think the biggest factor is whether Dorsey wants the responsibility of being a playcaller at this point in his career, or if he’d prefer to continue to learn under Daboll. He is only 37 after all.

And again, reports (for whatever they’re worth) seem to have Dorsey following Daboll to Jersey.

There are guys younger than that that are HC.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
5 minutes ago, Joe said:

There are guys younger than that that are HC.

Correct, but that doesn’t mean Dorsey wants the responsibility of play calling yet, and the fact is that he’s still very young.

21 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Shirley you can’t think the difference between Daniel Jones and Josh Allen’s capabilities hasn’t entered Dorsey’s mind.  And he’d actively avoid play calling duties leaving that to someone also taking on a first time HC position in the NYC market?  And this is to further his long term career prospects?  

Although I doubt Allen decides anything at all or knows every detail of every discussion I don’t think he would have publicly endorsed Dorsey for the job while being oblivious to Dorsey being already gone to NY.  Allen literally talks to Dorsey every day but “Twitter guy” in NY knows more?

Dude.  Occum’s Shaver called and did a Glenn Close “I will not be ignored here” impression.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Shirley you can’t think the difference between Daniel Jones and Josh Allen’s capabilities hasn’t entered Dorsey’s mind.  And he’d actively avoid play calling duties leaving that to someone also taking on a first time HC position in the NYC market?  And this is to further his long term career prospects?  

Although I doubt Allen decides anything at all or knows every detail of every discussion I don’t think he would have publicly endorsed Dorsey for the job while being oblivious to Dorsey being already gone to NY.  Allen literally talks to Dorsey every day but “Twitter guy” in NY knows more?

Dude.  Occum’s Shaver called and did a Glenn Close “I will not be ignored here” impression.

I’m not going to have an argument over the unknowable.

My point is that Dorsey getting the Bills OC nod is extremely far from a certainty if Daboll leaves.

The Bills can’t even offer him a job at this point, but Daboll almost certainly talked in great depth about staff building in his two interviews, and had almost certainly taken Dorsey’s pulse on the matter before doing so.

Yes, Josh works with Dorsey in the building every day, but so does Daboll, probably moreso.

Again, I’m not interested in arguing something unknowable as a certainty. I’m just suggesting that no one should be surprised.

9 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I’m not going to have an argument over the unknowable.

My point is that Dorsey getting the Bills OC nod is extremely far from a certainty if Daboll leaves.

The Bills can’t even offer him a job at this point, but Daboll almost certainly talked in great depth about staff building in his two interviews, and had almost certainly taken Dorsey’s pulse on the matter before doing so.

Yes, Josh works with Dorsey in the building every day, but so does Daboll, probably moreso.

Again, I’m not interested in arguing something unknowable as a certainty. I’m just suggesting that no one should be surprised.

You literally laid out “arguments”.  That’s 100% cool by me and the whole point of why this forum exists.  It’s a discussion board.  The points you’d made immediately above are valid and realistic but I disagree with your prior points.  The point of a discussion board is to have discussions like this.  

A lot of what we discuss is “unknowable” including the bullet points you laid out vis a vis Dorsey’s mindset.  Why are some unknowable things the basis for your premise but other unknowable things off limits?  Geez dude.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

You literally laid out “arguments”.  That’s 100% cool by me and the whole point of why this forum exists.  It’s a discussion board.  The points you’d made immediately above are valid and realistic but I disagree with your prior points.  The point of a discussion board is to have discussions like this.  

A lot of what we discuss is “unknowable” including the bullet points you laid out vis a vis Dorsey’s mindset.  Why are some unknowable things the basis for your premise but other unknowable things off limits?  Geez dude.

They were questions. IE what are Dorsey’s values in regards to each. The point of asking each is that I don’t know, nor does anyone else but Dorsey, know the answer to them.

We do know that Dorsey was tapped to leave Buffalo this off-season to take the University of Miami OC job, but the school went elsewhere after he was non-committal during the season; which to me would seem to indicate that he’s more than willing to leave, but who knows?

I’ve only attempted to make one point, and that  is that Dorsey isn’t a lock if Daboll leaves, and no one should be shocked if he leaves as well.

19 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

They were questions. IE what are Dorsey’s values in regards to each. The point of asking each is that I don’t know, nor does anyone else but Dorsey, know the answer to them.

We do know that Dorsey was tapped to leave Buffalo this off-season to take the University of Miami OC job, but the school went elsewhere after he was non-committal during the season; which to me would seem to indicate that he’s more than willing to leave, but who knows?

I’ve only attempted to make one point, and that  is that Dorsey isn’t a lock if Daboll leaves, and no one should be shocked if he leaves as well.

I never implied he was a lock.  I just questioned whether your four bullet points were the only factors or, as you insisted, were the most important ones.  

For all we know his wife’s hates/loves Buffalo/NYC or he has kids and hates or loves their school and that these things are more important than Daboll or Allen.

54 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I

you do realize Dorsey is a legend at the U.

more likely any feigning of interest was to maintain his standing with U alum.

not to mention, Manny has already been fired

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Shirley.

Dorsey may decide to stay after re-watching the KC game

Blessed Believer

I also don’t know what’s going on in Dorsey’s mind, and I don’t know if it is a given that he is the heir apparent to Daboll, should he leave…..

but……

if Dorsey takes the OC job in NY knowing that Daniel Jones or Mitch Trubiskey is his QB….”.let us pray for this dear brother”….because the NY media is very unforgiving and they expect immediate results. Being an OC with Josh Allen guiding the ship has to make life much easier to sleep at nights than having Jones or Mitch guiding the ship. 

side disclaimer : I think Giants may be better off using one of their two first round picks this year on a QB that Dorsey and or Daboll could take under their wings and mold. 

Given how little weight my opinion carries on this topic, I don't think Dorsey goes to NY if the plan is to stick with Daniel Jones. Likewise, the Bills are very close, and Dorsey can be an OC that takes his team to the playoffs, and possibly the SB, pretty damn quickly, which expedites his career trajectory.

In NY, he's starting from scratch  and needs to build a new offensive roster, in a city that spits people out at every turn.

Who the hell would want to have to listen to this shit all the time? This dude makes me wish I could listen to Kamala Harris laughter on a loop.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Given how little weight my opinion carries on this topic, I don't think Dorsey goes to NY if the plan is to stick with Daniel Jones. Likewise, the Bills are very close, and Dorsey can be an OC that takes his team to the playoffs, and possibly the SB, pretty damn quickly, which expedites his career trajectory.

In NY, he's starting from scratch  and needs to build a new offensive roster, in a city that spits people out at every turn.

Who the hell would want to have to listen to this shit all the time? This dude makes me wish I could listen to Kamala Harris laughter on a loop.

I don't mind if they don't take Daboll. I think someone should take Frazier though. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ann said:

I don't mind if they don't take Daboll. I think someone should take Frazier though. 🙂

Yeah, no one is taking Frazier after Sunday. But let's see if Goodell intervenes on behalf of all black head coaches in the league. All one of them. He needs to come out of this offseason with more black head coaches than he had going into this preseason, or he'll get the SJWs in his shit all summer.

• Wow 1

Blessed Believer
22 minutes ago, Ann said:

But, but….the Bills had the #1 defense……😎