Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 NFL Head Coach Openings [Daboll to the Giants - All Head Coaching Jobs are Filled]

Ann

5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Is there anything more annoying in sports journalism than the embarrassing unwritten rule that when you report something that is happening, you have to acknowledge who had it first?

It's not even the acknowledgement. It's the way they do it. It's markedly less embarrassing if Demetrius Harvey writes "According to @E_Dilla, Jaguars are expected to..."

But no. We need to see these ridiculous "Soandso had it first" shit.

Dime a dozen, these self-promoting douchenozzles. Dime a dozen. 

It's the same reason I post a tweet (or tweet image) to "credit" the source.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ann said:

It's the same reason I post a tweet (or tweet image) to "credit" the source.

Understood. Credit the source. Don't make it it's own paragraph. Somewhere along the line, sports journalism (and a lot of journalism these days) turned into something that requires the journalist to be part of the story. See Jim Acosta.

• Like 1

If I'm prodding this topic too much here, just tell me to keep it in politics, but I believe race is absolutely part of the intrigue of the new slate of HCs about to be hired.

• Angry 2

23 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

If I'm prodding this topic too much here, just tell me to keep it in politics, but I believe race is absolutely part of the intrigue of the new slate of HCs about to be hired.

I believe Flores gets hired before some other schlepp, but I also think he should not have been fired by Miami. Miami has a lot of problems, but him as the head coach wasn't one of them.

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Ann said:

I believe Flores gets hired before some other schlepp, but I also think he should not have been fired by Miami. Miami has a lot of problems, but him as the head coach wasn't one of them.

For a brief moment I thought Flores would beat out Daboll for NYG, but everything coming out of there sounds like it's Daboll.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

The first branch of the Dougie coaching tree?

You have to wonder, obviously, if he will bring Marroone to Denver with him.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Now, are the Broncos desperate enough to spend the capital to trade for Rogers?

And that might be the thinking behind the whole hire.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Now, are the Broncos desperate enough to spend the capital to trade for Rogers?

Either Rodgers or EJ. Good ol’ Nate loved him some EJ too

• Wow 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Our ol Buddy.

Wow.  Wonder how Nate will do as HC.  I would bet he doesn't bring St. Doug to the staff.

4 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Someone needs a defense minded HC, right?  If so, we have a candidate for you...

sounds like someone getting in front of the rejection from the team he wanted to sign with

7 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

sounds like someone getting in front of the rejection from the team he wanted to sign with

The giveaway was “stay with Cowboys to win a Super Bowl”.  Shirley.