Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 NFL Head Coach Openings [Daboll to the Giants - All Head Coaching Jobs are Filled]

Ann

6 minutes ago, Ann said:

They have to interview outside the building as well as a minority candidate before they can offer the job to Dorsey.

For a coordinator?  I thought that was just for HC.  At any rate, just bring in Travis Henry for an interview.  Have a day care room for this 15 or whatever kids; kills two birds with one stone.  Then offer the job to Dorsey.

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, Core Four said:

For a coordinator?  I thought that was just for HC.  At any rate, just bring in Travis Henry for an interview.  Have a day care room for this 15 or whatever kids; kills two birds with one stone.  Then offer the job to Dorsey.

oops, I was wrong… they have to interview TWO external minority candidates for coordinator positions.

9F4771F8-1635-4985-A599-8516BC218047.thumb.jpeg.a8d106101715c98dd0ba4caa0900f4e4.jpeg

7 hours ago, Ann said:

oops, I was wrong… they have to interview TWO external minority candidates for coordinator positions.

9F4771F8-1635-4985-A599-8516BC218047.thumb.jpeg.a8d106101715c98dd0ba4caa0900f4e4.jpeg

Does this rule not apply to the Giants?

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Does this rule not apply to the Giants?

They could have already interviewed them. 

This is fantastic, so glad to see Daboll leave. Maybe the Bills can hire someone who can figure out that Buffalo is going to be paying Allen over 40 million next year not to just handoff the ball and run up the gut for 1 yard for the 20th time in the game. If DUHboll would have played the 2nd and 3rd drives against KC like they played the first, we would probably be watching an AFC Championship game with the Bills in it on Sunday. I hope the Giants go 1 and 16 next year.

Now time to get rid of Frazier who cant send in plays to hold a team for 13 seconds, going to be glad to see him gone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Spartacus said:

after dorsey, pretty scary list 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/1/24/22899609/5-replacement-options-for-bills-offensive-coordinator-brian-daboll-ken-dorsey

1. Current Bills passing game coordinator/quarterbacks coach Ken Dorsey

2. Former Chicago Bears head coach Matt Nagy

3. Former Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur

4. Former Houston Texans head coach David Culley

5. Former Broncos quarterbacks coach Mike Shula

From 2 through 5 would only use it as a stepping stone to their next HC offer. I'd rather see a Dorsey type get it that while yes, might be a future HC candidate themselves but not a retread and might be here a while longer.

But what do I know, seems the current rage is to hire younger coaches anyway so Dorsey might be a HC within a year himself so I'll see myself out... 

Whelp, the sometimes puzzling play calling and curious lack of adjustments in certain games notwithstanding, the results are the results and the Bills offense (and Josh in particular) flourished under Daboll, so thanks for that and good luck in E Rutherford.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

From 2 through 5 would only use it as a stepping stone to their next HC offer. I'd rather see a Dorsey type get it that while yes, might be a future HC candidate themselves but not a retread and might be here a while longer.

But what do I know, seems the current rage is to hire younger coaches anyway so Dorsey might be a HC within a year himself so I'll see myself out... 

few NFL re-treads have proven success with a top flight NFL QB capable of all the throws.

by necessity, these retreads have systems designed to hide their QB flaws through system design and play calling- not maxmizing point scoring at a higher risk profile.

still need a guy to push back on McD's desire to become smashmouth

32 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

few NFL re-treads have proven success with a top flight NFL QB capable of all the throws.

by necessity, these retreads have systems designed to hide their QB flaws through system design and play calling- not maxmizing point scoring at a higher risk profile.

still need a guy to push back on McD's desire to become smashmouth

You mean like how John Rauch used OJ his rookie season? He had him returning kicks. :wallbash:

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

Lol. Working my first cup-o-joe. I fixed my post. Sorry.

No worries.  Jim Harbaugh makes a lot more sense to Minny.  Baltimore might take issues with John going there.

• Like 1

Just now, Core Four said:

No worries.  Jim Harbaugh makes a lot more sense to Minny.  Baltimore might take issues with John going there.

If you didn't know that I meant Jim, you probably should have. :thumb:

• Haha 1