Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 NFL Head Coach Openings [Daboll to the Giants - All Head Coaching Jobs are Filled]

Ann

43 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

But that's kinda the point. It's not a question to me of whether they are, or can be, a good team. Trying to work for an erratic owner levels that concept because all they need is a bug up their ass and you're either gone, or you're being forced to compromise in areas where you shouldn't compromise.

Look at Shoen right now. Assuming the rumor is true, he goes to NY with the understanding he will be in charge of everything, and immediately the hold up in hiring a HC is that the owner wants Flores and Shoen wants Daboll.

If Shoen wants Daboll, it shouldn't be an issue at all.

But here he is, allegedly not having the leverage he thought he'd have...just one week in.

Therein lies the problem.

30 minutes ago, snafu said:

You just made a case that the Owner for BOTH choices (Phins and Giants) are potentially equally as bad.  That actually would take those factors out of consideration and leave the important question of "how good is the team I'm getting?"  Plus, as they say "winning is a great deodorant".  If I'm a coach stepping into a likely winning situation and I succeed, then I can write my ticket out.  Looking at your bosses is extremely important and at the same time you can't ignore the roster. The Dolphins' Owner and GM might be bad, but their team has recently won.  The Giants have different ownership issues and their teams have sucked badly.

Couple things:

1.  The Fish just did their last head coach dirty in front of the whole world.

2.  The NFC East doesn't have Josh Allen or Bill Belichick.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Couple things:

1.  The Fish just did their last head coach dirty in front of the whole world.

2.  The NFC East doesn't have Josh Allen or Bill Belichick.

1. We all live in a two story house.

2. You're right -- but the Giants are a MAJOR project.

Like I said, tough choice.

Just now, snafu said:

1. We all live in a two story house.

2. You're right -- but the Giants are a MAJOR project.

Like I said, tough choice.

I'm personally curious if the tax and quality of life matter.  They would to me (you couldn't pay me enough to deal with NYC, for example).

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm personally curious if the tax and quality of life matter.  They would to me (you couldn't pay me enough to deal with NYC, for example).

They play and live in New Jersey.  They don't deal with NYC.

Of course, you couldn't pay me enough to deal with Jersey, either.

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

NJ taxes suck.  So do NY. As does the NYC press.  I listened to Schoen's press conference and there were questions from at least a dozen news outlets -- and most of them were local.  That's another major consideration.  

The Giants spend all their time in NJ, and believe it or not, there are a lot of nice spots in Jersey to live.  There's no need to go into NYC often.  Though the City isn't bad.  It's just different.  I've been in Brooklyn for 28 years.

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

They play and live in New Jersey.  They don't deal with NYC.

Of course, you couldn't pay me enough to deal with Jersey, either.

Liberal state bullshit is liberal state bullshit.  I get that the Jersey burbs are better than NYC...but it wouldn't matter to me at all.

2 hours ago, snafu said:

You just made a case that the Owner for BOTH choices (Phins and Giants) are potentially equally as bad.  That actually would take those factors out of consideration and leave the important question of "how good is the team I'm getting?"  Plus, as they say "winning is a great deodorant".  If I'm a coach stepping into a likely winning situation and I succeed, then I can write my ticket out.  Looking at your bosses is extremely important and at the same time you can't ignore the roster. The Dolphins' Owner and GM might be bad, but their team has recently won.  The Giants have different ownership issues and their teams have sucked badly.

I totally get this. I suspect part of my issue is having worked at a company that had a great product, great regional teams, and great mid-level management, and what turned out to be a batschittcrazy micromanaging nutbag as an owner who wasn't smart enough to trust the success of the people around him.

Granted, there are only 32 opportunities in this league, but what happened to Flores -- in my eyes -- was all I would need to see to check them off the list. The only upside to what happened is that the rest of the NFL knows Flores isn't to blame.

Frankly, I'm stunned he hasn't been hired yet.

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm surprised they brought him back after what happened Sunday.

Maybe they just want to find out what the hell happened on Sunday.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, snafu said:

Maybe they just want to find out what the hell happened on Sunday.

They are not alone.

I hope they tell the rest of us.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ann said:

Damn it. F.R.A.Z.I.E.R. Theyare supposed to hire Frazier...

daboll.jpg.da3e1e8b1f666715fcdd028186a7e03e.jpg

Better than him going to Miami.

Now...about his OC. I'm of the mindset you back up the Brinks truck to Dorsey's house.

Crap Throwing Clavin
50 minutes ago, Ann said:

Damn it. F.R.A.Z.I.E.R. Theyare supposed to hire Frazier...

daboll.jpg.da3e1e8b1f666715fcdd028186a7e03e.jpg

I feel genuinely bad for him.  He's probably available in two years to be an OC again.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Better than him going to Miami.

Now...about his OC. I'm of the mindset you back up the Brinks truck to Dorsey's house.

I don't know that you necessarily have to back the Brinks truck up.  Offer Dorsey the OC position, give him a raise, and he knows he has Josh Allen as his QB.  Would you rather have Josh and the Bills' offense or Daniel Jones and an Oline that really needs to be rebuilt?

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I feel genuinely bad for him.  He's probably available in two years to be an OC again.

Is it me or does he not seem like head coach material?

• Like 2