Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs Kansas City: Divisional Round Playoffs Game Week Thread

Ann

27 minutes ago, Foxx said:

The one quibble I would have with the quoted material is that Mahomes is better. It is a question that is very debatable at this moment.

It depends on what you qualify as better. From a standpoint of physically gifted Quarterback that would be Allen. But if we are going by accomplishments it would be Mahomes. After watching Brady and his success we all know physical stature only gets you so far.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Carptom1 said:

It depends on what you qualify as better. From a standpoint of physically gifted Quarterback that would be Allen. But if we are going by accomplishments it would be Mahomes. After watching Brady and his success we all know physical stature only gets you so far.

My contention is based upon play at this point. The article talks about, "this moment."

Accolades, there is no question Josh doesn't have them at this point.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

My contention is based upon play at this point. The article talks about, "this moment."

Accolades, there is no question Josh doesn't have them at this point.

That’s not what the narrative is. Allen is just the latest to come for Mahomes title in the AFC. The first was Lamar, then it was Baker, this year it was Herbert. Allen is the latest and I can appreciate your optimism. You can’t be king until you beat the king in the biggest games. Up until this point he hasn’t been able to do it. Maybe it happens Sunday maybe not. Don’t think for a second Mahomes doesn’t listen to the talking heads, he thrives on it. I would be surprised if he doesn’t go for 350 and 3 tds. If he turns it over more than once we are probably cooked

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I hate it when Bills fans go off their meds.

Unless you're Jimmy Spags. He was glorious at making ATOP melt down.

I was thinking we found Spags long lost brother. 

21 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

That’s not what the narrative is. Allen is just the latest to come for Mahomes title in the AFC. The first was Lamar, then it was Baker, this year it was Herbert. Allen is the latest and I can appreciate your optimism. You can’t be king until you beat the king in the biggest games. Up until this point he hasn’t been able to do it. Maybe it happens Sunday maybe not. Don’t think for a second Mahomes doesn’t listen to the talking heads, he thrives on it. I would be surprised if he doesn’t go for 350 and 3 tds. If he turns it over more than once we are probably cooked

That would surprise me if he went for 350. He only did that four times this year and none of those teams had good pass defenses. Three average and one terrible. 

The Bills D has only given up over 300 yards once this year. 363 vs the Bucs with 58 coming on the OT TD. Not having White will hurt the D but I'd still be shocked if he puts up 350.

Edited by LB3
  • Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

Just for the hell of it.. lets say the Bills win but Mahomes posts a better game than Josh. Because Josh wins, does that mean he he is now king?

26 minutes ago, LB3 said:

That would surprise me if he went for 350. He only did that four times this year and none of those teams had good pass defenses. Three average and one terrible. 

The Bills D has only given up over 300 yards once this year. 363 vs the Bucs with 58 coming on the OT TD. Not having White will hurt the D but I'd still be shocked if he puts up 350.

Yes that was a quality list of Qb’s played this year. Believe it or not I think he feels like he has something to prove. You guys can’t claim disrespect now. Of all the experts I listened to today driving around not working, most are picking the Bills. If the best is played by both quarterbacks and teams I believe the Chiefs are better including special teams. But as we all know that is rarely the case. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

Just for the hell of it.. lets say the Bills win but Mahomes posts a better game than Josh. Because Josh wins, does that mean he he is now king?

Yes in the end the hardware makes it so. How many Superbowls have been won by mediocre QB play? Nobody cares. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

Yes that was a quality list of Qb’s played this year. Believe it or not I think he feels like he has something to prove. You guys can’t claim disrespect now. Of all the experts I listened to today driving around not working, most are picking the Bills. If the best is played by both quarterbacks and teams I believe the Chiefs are better including special teams. But as we all know that is rarely the case. 

Really? I am seeing most picking the Chiefs. Even GMFB which has been on the Bills bandwagon this year was only 50-50.

🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carptom1 said:

Yes in the end the hardware makes it so. How many Superbowls have been won by mediocre QB play? Nobody cares. 

People still make jokes about Trent Dilfer and use him as an example of any QB being able to win the SB. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

Not saying I disagree but, there is no hardware associated with this game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hog Farmer said:

DraftKings CEO just picked KC.   Might as well get yer potatos out and start busting tables!  Just make sure you wrap yer taters in BACON!

Wait, wut?

The Draft Kings gambling site CEO picked KC.  You think he wants bettors to go along with him so he can pay out and lose? 

Wouldn't smart $$ be on the Bills then?

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, Ann said:

...Is that voiceover from his Lincoln commercials? 

If so, it makes way more sense with this clip than it ever did on those commercials. :classic_laugh: 

• Haha 3