Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs Kansas City: Divisional Round Playoffs Game Week Thread

Ann

32 minutes ago, snafu said:

Wait, wut?

The Draft Kings gambling site CEO picked KC.  You think he wants bettors to go along with him so he can pay out and lose? 

Wouldn't smart $$ be on the Bills then?

All a betting sight wants is even money both ways. It makes sense he would want more wagers on the Chiefs hence the pick. It is obvious early money has been on Buffalo. He is just trying to even it out.

6 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

All a betting sight wants is even money both ways. It makes sense he would want more wagers on the Chiefs hence the pick. It is obvious early money has been on Buffalo. He is just trying to even it out.

Either way, that's no way to justify a pick, and it's nothing for a Chiefs fan to brag about (like your compatriot there tried to do).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, snafu said:

Either way, that's no way to justify a pick, and it's nothing for a Chiefs fan to brag about (like your compatriot there tried to do).

Compatriot??? Hardly, I have gotten over having emotional responses to sporting events a long time ago or to put any stock in the so called “ experts” . I see the warts on our team and have been pretty realistic of my expectations. This game will come down to line play as it most often does. I think the rest is pretty much a wash. Who knows it may come down to kicking. You guys seemed to have issues with that last week. Now that would bring back some bad memories. Was it Norwood wide right or left? I don’t remember.😊

Deranged Rhino
8 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

Compatriot??? Hardly, I have gotten over having emotional responses to sporting events a long time ago or to put any stock in the so called “ experts” . I see the warts on our team and have been pretty realistic of my expectations. This game will come down to line play as it most often does. I think the rest is pretty much a wash. Who knows it may come down to kicking. You guys seemed to have issues with that last week. Now that would bring back some bad memories. Was it Norwood wide right or left? I don’t remember.😊

:beer: 

Saturday night aside, our teams have been near the top of the league this year in every category. If we need Eye Black Bass to hit a game winner, I have no doubt he'll nail it. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 1

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Ann said:

The point of Buffalo losing the next game after a big win, is valid. It is one of the things that scares me about this game.

Agreed. But if they can't get up for this game of games, then I'll have bigger fears about the long term view of the club as currently constructed. Not only is everyone hyping this game (deservedly so), the Bills PR and players keep harping on last year and how it left a bad taste in their mouth. 

No excuses for Sunday. If they go out and play well but lose, I'll live. If they go out and lay an egg because they're unprepared or not up for it, I'll be livid. 🙂 

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Hog Farmer said:

If yjis is what you guys think talking football really is ,well ,I don't know what to say except eat MOAR BACON!

BELIEVE! — “Football is life!” TED LASSO (2020- )

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Ann said:

The point of Buffalo losing the next game after a big win, is valid. It is one of the things that scares me about this game.

Honestly, I think we slept walked through the regular season. We were looking forward to where we find ourselves today. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ann said:

First let me tell you as a Chiefs fan Nick Wright drives me crazy. He reminds me of my Coke addled cousin. But his point about the last three opponents at this point of the playoffs is an interesting one. 

Edited by Carptom1
  • Like 1

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Foxx said:

Honestly, I think we slept walked through the regular season. We were looking forward to where we find ourselves today. 

That's how I feel to be frank. I don't think it was as much of the team falling for their own hype in the preseason as much as it was the team knowing they're good enough to win it all and just wanting to fast forward to the playoff season. That's a danger that befalls really talented teams, and it can sink a season if you're not on guard. 

Fortunately I think whatever was said or done at halftime of the TB game snapped this team out of that cycle. And they've played like the best team in the league since that point. Now they're awake, and everything they've wanted is right in front of them, including the revenge tour matchup(s). All they have to do is take it. 

I'm not going to bet against Josh Allen and Diggs' (not to mention the rest of the roster's) competitive spirit. Like Shnowman said this week, "f everyone else", this team is on a mission. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

First let me tell you as a Chiefs fan Nick Wright drives me crazy. He reminds me of my Coke addled cousin. But his point about the last three opponents at this point of the playoffs is an interesting one. 

More coincidence than anything(?).

Luck quit because of a health matter, I don't know that it had anything to do with losing to the Chiefs. The Texans, again what Desahun Watson was up to before during and after that game hardly has any relation. Not to mention what Billy O'Brien did to that team. They were destined to blow up before that year ever started. The Browns, well... Baker has been some sort of an enigma. Their story is far from written at this point but I wouldn't be surprised to see Mayfield be a middling QB for his career.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hog Farmer said:

If this is what you guys think talking football really is ,well ,I don't know what to say except eat MOAR BACON!

I like bacon. It is a bit pricey these days though.

• Sad 2

30 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's how I feel to be frank. I don't think it was as much of the team falling for their own hype in the preseason as much as it was the team knowing they're good enough to win it all and just wanting to fast forward to the playoff season. That's a danger that befalls really talented teams, and it can sink a season if you're not on guard. 

Fortunately I think whatever was said or done at halftime of the TB game snapped this team out of that cycle. And they've played like the best team in the league since that point. Now they're awake, and everything they've wanted is right in front of them, including the revenge tour matchup(s). All they have to do is take it. 

I'm not going to bet against Josh Allen and Diggs' (not to mention the rest of the roster's) competitive spirit. Like Shnowman said this week, "f everyone else", this team is on a mission. 

If Singletary balls out, we win, cus that means everything is working.

• Like 3
  • FANtastic 1

18 hours ago, Hog Farmer said:

How many of you retards like BACON???  Do you know how many Boars I have to jerk off everyday just to feed you fat Bastards????  

Oh wait, my bad , I thought I was in the food forum. 

I see we're talking about how the Bills think they can beat the Chiefs.  Let's see now, last years Championship game didn't go so well now did it. Those damn Chiefs actually have a better roster now than they did then. I'd just say the Bills R screwed and will get to spend another off season pissed off . Who ya gonna blame this year?? By the way , Josh Allen is awesome. LOL!

So your first post attacks the mentally handicap? Classy fella. its all I need to know about you!

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Good points to consider.

I would also suspect that Daboll had to change his blocking scheme up a bit to accommodate a run game.  He wasn't having a lot of success with the blocking scheme he was running earlier on in the season, either in pass or run pro.  What he's doing now is obviously working.

Additionally, Frazier had to change up his scheme when Tre White went down with his ACL injury.  It seems like they are a lot more aggressive with the front seven, especially front four, at getting after the QB.  They can't rely on winning by coverage primarily, the d-line needed to play more of a role like it is now.  If there is a silver lining to Tre being injured, the philosophy shift is it, IMO.

• Like 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Foxx said:

Right now...personally, I feel like they're peaking right now.  

Which kind-of worries me, as I remember when they peaked a week early in the 1990 AFC Championship game.

• Like 1