Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Who do you want to see replace Daboll?

Arm of Harm

31 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

To me, this is going to be a place where we prove that Buffalo is now a destination that top coaches want to be. 

If BB and McDermott aren't able to get exactly who they want with literally all the stars aligned...huge red flag.

As to who I want?  Someone who can coach using the current framework and terminology we're already using.  I do not want ANY turmoil on that side of the football.

I think they've come a long way from having to accept Rick Dennison as OC because no one else would take the job. I would have to believe this is a prime stop, not only to work with one of the best QBs in the league, but also to work with what is considered one of the best organizations (office + ownership).

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

uh, no

KC not sweating the run

If you can't outscore them, you lose

continuing to try to jam a running attack into a league with rules highly favoring the pass is a failure

which is what most re-tread OCs will continue try to do - and fail miserably

A team needs some effective run game to keep defenses honest.  Our effective run game can’t continue to be Josh Allen. Devin Singletary is almost good enough, but we need an upgrade there. Otherwise, our QB isn’t going to dominate for as long as we like. Like everything, there needs to be balance. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, snafu said:

A team needs some effective run game to keep defenses honest.  Our effective run game can’t continue to be Josh Allen. Devin Singletary is almost good enough, but we need an upgrade there. Otherwise, our QB isn’t going to dominate for as long as we like. Like everything, there needs to be balance. 

sure

and if Beane searches for a OC for his skill in finding a running game, he should be fired for wasting Josh Allen.

running game needs to be complimentary to a highly effective passing game- which is much harder to develop and maintain

3 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

sure

and if Beane searches for a OC for his skill in finding a running game, he should be fired for wasting Josh Allen.

running game needs to be complimentary to a highly effective passing game- which is much harder to develop and maintain

I don’t think anyone here is calling for the return of a Greg Roman type style. Just saying that running is still a major part of any offense.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, snafu said:

We need to find a feature RB so JA can minimize his exposure to defenses.  No reason outside of unusual circumstances that JA can't be around for another decade at a minimum.  This would allow us to use top picks on positions other than QB as we would have time to develop a project. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

We need to find a feature RB so JA can minimize his exposure to defenses.  No reason outside of unusual circumstances that JA can't be around for another decade at a minimum.  This would allow us to use top picks on positions other than QB as we would have time to develop a project. 

Beane has shown how he plans to handle the RB position

mid round round draft picks and reclamation projects

highly doubt any RB will be granted big contract extension

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

Beane has shown how he plans to handle the RB position

mid round round draft picks and reclamation projects

highly doubt any RB will be granted big contract extension

Beane did what he did to this point because he had more pressing needs.  With guys like Mahomes being borderline un-rush-able  it would not surprise me that the Bills take a coverage DB high in next year's draft, and an OL, and a RB in the top rounds and not necessarily in that order.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Beane did what he did to this point because he had more pressing needs.  With guys like Mahomes being borderline un-rush-able  it would not surprise me that the Bills take a coverage DB high in next year's draft, and an OL, and a RB in the top rounds and not necessarily in that order.  

I see a few mocks that have us taking a DB in the first. Makes sense to me.

25 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Makes sense to me as well.  The one big reason to deviate from that plan would be to take a player that you can figure on being a 10 year player on your team barring a disaster such as career ending injury.  

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Makes sense to me as well.  The one big reason to deviate from that plan would be to take a player that you can figure on being a 10 year player on your team barring a disaster such as career ending injury.  

BPA

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
8 hours ago, Foxx said:

A 1st round CB (who plays up to his draft stock or exceeds it) would help this defense from a cap standpoint tremendously. A true #2 boundary CB on a rookie contract to pair with White for 4 years would give them so much flexibility to put money into other areas of need. 

(This all said knowing nothing about the DB class coming out, or the class in general really)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe said:

If you do that, better address need in FA

To me, this would be a situation where need outweighs BPA. Unless of course something out of the ordinary happens

1 hour ago, Joe said:

If you do that, better address need in FA

At the moment without reworking contracts the Bills have no cap room to do anything in terms of FA.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

At the moment without reworking contracts the Bills have no cap room to do anything in terms of FA.

Exactly. Wasting money on the likes of Obada, Addison and Star has really crippled our ability to go all in

22 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

To me, this is going to be a place where we prove that Buffalo is now a destination that top coaches want to be. 

If BB and McDermott aren't able to get exactly who they want with literally all the stars aligned...huge red flag.

As to who I want?  Someone who can coach using the current framework and terminology we're already using.  I do not want ANY turmoil on that side of the football.

It amazes me when we repeatedly hear about potentially great QBs who are on their fourth OC and system in the past five years, etc.

I have faith McDermott would not give a lot of interview time to a person who explains that what Josh Allen needs is a run-first system complemented with easy, underneath throws to control the clock and keep the other offense off the field.

He needs someone that knows how to drive a Ferrari. If Josh wants Dorsey, that should be the play. And if Dorsey decides he'd rather be with Daniel Jones in the basement instead of riding Josh to the Super Bowl, then I'd question his judgement a bit.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

And if Dorsey decides he'd rather be with Daniel Jones in the basement instead of riding Josh to the Super Bowl, then I'd question his judgement a bit.

There are obviously a lot of factors that go into why guys make the decisions that they do.  If Dorsey goes to NYC, then bless him and thank him for what he did.  I won't ever understand it but I'm a stone-cold killer when it comes to stuff like that.  Not everyone is.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

13 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

There are obviously a lot of factors that go into why guys make the decisions that they do.  If Dorsey goes to NYC, then bless him and thank him for what he did.  I won't ever understand it but I'm a stone-cold killer when it comes to stuff like that.  Not everyone is.

I agree. It would be great if this guy became a QB whisperer of sorts and can turn around Jones. In my head, his goal is to obviously be a HC at some point, and the Bills would have the fastest path for him. 

That said, I don't worry too much about who they will pick. None of this should be a surprise to the team, and if Dorsey doesn't want to drive the Ferrari, I suspect there will be a line at OBD of really good coaches who would.

• Like 4