Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Who do you want to see replace Daboll?

Arm of Harm

4 minutes ago, Blessed Believer said:

If the Giants land Pep Martin from the Texans to be their OC, I bet every single Giant fan will be glad Dorsey decided to stay in Buffalo. Pep is a good dude, but I’m not sure Daboll wants a guy who may someday soon be a Head coach too. 

Again, I agree completely. Jones has had what... 4 OC's in his time in the NFL? That is not conducive to developing your talent. Daboll will probably have a condition that whomever, has to remain for a minimum of two years if not three. I know that is hard to stipulate, if it is even enforceable, but you have to have at least a gentlemen's agreement in place I would think. Plus... there is the fact that the G-Men aren't going to make much noise in their first year under Daboll, so I don't know how much of a threat the next OC leaving after the first year is going to be.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Joe said:

Say what you will about the Pegulas, but they're not cheap. After Ralph, that's a blessed relief!

What is this? A ray of sunshine from the Mayor of Downsville? :classic_laugh:

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

What is this? A ray of sunshine from the Mayor of Downsville? :classic_laugh:

This may come as a surprise, but since I'm not a serious Sabres fan, I actually LIKE the pegulas

That's a relief.  Clearly Dorsey and Josh have a great working connection so keeping that in place was a high priority.

I've never felt so good about a Hurricane.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Im amazed that they made a 40 year old look 75.

Thrilled to be wrong on this one.

Closet meth head?

• Haha 1

Blessed Believer
50 minutes ago, Foxx said:

At the outset, that is what I would have believed. However, with them throwing their collective weight behind Jones, I'm not sure MT would want to go there. He might if there is a backroom deal worked or something along those lines...

I think Daboll is saying the right things…don’t forget, Jones is the only qb in NY right now. So what do you expect him to say?  If NY brings Mitch in, I’m sure they will say good things about him too. I seriously doubt the Giants owner made Schoen and Daboll sign a contract to only start Jones in 2022. Besides, he will get hurt like he always does. 

I believe Mitch would look at NY as being a very strong possibility to start. Of course, he might have better offers….like Tampa and Carolina. 

1 hour ago, Blessed Believer said:

no doubt they did had to pay him quite a bit more. I don’t think Dorsey preferred coaching Jones over Allen, and I don’t know how close he and Daboll are, but if he wants to be a HC in this league, he needs a good resume. Don’t you think his resume will look better with Allen as his QB vs Jones or Trubisky or whoever they bring in? 

But there's also a risk of taking over a well-oiled machine.  If the offense regresses, then it will fall on his head.

He's got pressure to keep it going -- like all Bills fans expect him to.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Blessed Believer
5 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

That's a relief.  Clearly Dorsey and Josh have a great working connection so keeping that in place was a high priority.

I've never felt so good about a Hurricane.

I hate to sound too cautious here, but holding Josh’s hand is one thing….calling all the plays is another. I hope we find someone else to hold Josh’s hands because Dorsey is going to be too busy mapping out a game plan. 

• Like 1

Blessed Believer
3 minutes ago, snafu said:

But there's also a risk of taking over a well-oiled machine.  If the offense regresses, then it will fall on his head.

He's got pressure to keep it going -- like all Bills fans expect him to.

excellent point you are making here….he does have that pressure, doesn’t he? Hopefully, he can make the transition smoothly. 

• Cheers 1

Blessed Believer
3 minutes ago, snafu said:

He obviously wants his guy, obviously.

this would be awesome if he can land in Buffalo. Giant fans were clamoring for him and are pretty disappointed in getting our Johnson.  Lol

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I don't  know much about Munchak in terms of a system but he was a heck of a player when he was with the Oiler's.  

He's been coaching OLine like 20 years (around his 3 year stint as the 'Tacks HC).  We could do worse.

• Like 4