Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen ..................The Book of Josh.

B-Man

Nouseforaname
13 hours ago, Ann said:

:facepalm: Apparently, people have been horrible to him after that loss. His gf wrote a post in a Facebook group I belong to. Let’s just say, people are awful.

What did she say ?

1 minute ago, Nouseforaname said:

What did she say ?

People have bashed his character,  they have received hate notes in their home mailbox, and someone started a horrible rumor due to the loss.

The rumor started (which she did not name, someone else did) was that he cheated on her with someone or another and she was pregnant and he dumped her.

Human beings can be awful. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Wow 1

Nouseforaname
Just now, Ann said:

People have bashed his character,  they have received hate notes in their home mailbox, and someone started a horrible rumor due to the loss.

The rumor started (which she did not name, someone else did) was that he cheated on her with someone or another and she was pregnant and he dumped her.

What a bunch of morons.

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
4 minutes ago, Ann said:

When your quarterbacks over the last twenty years are JP losman, tyrod Taylor, kelly holcomb, Trent edwards and others, you should be nice to your once in a lifetime generational talent.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Ann said:

People should mind their own business which I realize is far easier said than done.  Crap like that is the reason I give very minimal information out as to my identity online.  It is just immoral to make up stories about people because they do something that people dislike.  Sports are suppose to be a way to pass leisure time and build character but I seldom see that happening anymore.  I realize that some people have little in the way of resources to have a hobby but quite a few people need to stop having sports as a sole free time interest.  

A lot of crap is said about Josh on finheaven by the way which should be no surprise given the level of conduct there.  

Edited by RochesterRob
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

People should mind their own business which I realize is far easier said than done.  Crap like that is the reason I give very minimal information out as to my identity online.  It is just immoral to make up stories about people because they do something that people dislike.  Sports are suppose to be a way to pass leisure time and build character but I seldom see that happening anymore.  I realize that some people have little in the way of resources to have a hobby but quite a few people need to stop having sports as a sole free time interest.  

A lot of crap is said about Josh on finheaven by the way which should be no surprise given the level of conduct there.  

I've been pretty critical of FinHeaven posters because they truly are their own special shit show, but Bills fans have absolutely found a way to embarrass their brand of fandom. You can yell all you want about being the smartest fans, but in the end, reading them on social media genuinely makes me question why I want to be associated with these people.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I've been pretty critical of FinHeaven posters because they truly are their own special shit show, but Bills fans have absolutely found a way to embarrass their brand of fandom. You can yell all you want about being the smartest fans, but in the end, reading them on social media genuinely makes me question why I want to be associated with these people.

I'll be the guy who says that in a lot of ways people do not have enough to do during the average day.  So they go around running their mouth about basic emotions and making judgments about others.  I'm thinking that 100 years ago before most people paid attention to professional sports (for what little existed then) and had to fill their day with chopping wood and peeling potatoes that society ran a lot better in some respects.  

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I'll be the guy who says that in a lot of ways people do not have enough to do during the average day.  So they go around running their mouth about basic emotions and making judgments about others.  I'm thinking that 100 years ago before most people paid attention to professional sports (for what little existed then) and had to fill their day with chopping wood and peeling potatoes that society ran a lot better in some respects.  

It's amazing how little nonsense you have time for when you're trying to survive.  Easy times make soft humans.  That much is 100% certain.

The liberals "lack of consequences/accountability" campaign has had exactly the forecasted effect.

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's amazing how little nonsense you have time for when you're trying to survive.  Easy times make soft humans.  That much is 100% certain.

And social media has made everyone believe that their opinions are important.  

Spoiler alert: they are not.

• Applause 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 2

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It's kind of funny watching my son evolve after leaving college and seeing him suddenly judging the people he's trying to hire.  It's quite an epiphany when you realize your parents equating them to human garbage is far closer to the truth than you ever wanted to admit.

7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm being serious when I say that I wish I could have burned wood in my house for the activity it creates this time of year among other things.  Not that I wanted to be solely dependent on wood but ideally "dual fuel" meaning wood and fuel oil or propane.  I like that I can think and reason but sometimes I feel a necessity to engage in physical activity.  It gives a sense of accomplishment I enjoy.

• FANtastic 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's kind of funny watching my son evolve after leaving college and seeing him suddenly judging the people he's trying to hire.  It's quite an epiphany when you realize your parents equating them to human garbage is far closer to the truth than you ever wanted to admit.

One thing my soon-to-be-former project has taught me is to be much quicker to fire people.  Not everyone deserves multiple chances to learn and grow.  Many people are simply useless spuds.

• Applause 2

15 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

One thing my soon-to-be-former project has taught me is to be much quicker to fire people.  Not everyone deserves multiple chances to learn and grow.  Many people are simply useless spuds.

Which is why I think society peaked around 1980 at least in America.  Most could do well and be appreciated in menial jobs.  Most human beings have trouble transitioning into intellectually based careers.  I'm thankful that at present I can control my own pace in dealing with new things.  

Edited by RochesterRob

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I think this plays a larger role here than idleness. It's not just that people believe their opinions are important, but it allows us to find justification of our thoughts, no matter how absolutely batschitcrazy those thoughts might be.

Now, not only do my stupid thoughts have company, they have enough company to make me comfortable not just sharing them, but normalizing them.

It has both enhanced and FUBAR'ed my love of football. I've been able to learn so much more about the sport, but the losses were easier to deal with when I either experienced the losses at a bar with Bills Backers, or watched the loss at home and had to wait for my monthly copy of "Shout!" magazine to show up where stupidity was kept to three 'Letters to the Editor."

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I think this plays a larger role here than idleness. It's not just that people believe their opinions are important, but it allows us to find justification of our thoughts, no matter how absolutely batschitcrazy those thoughts might be.

Now, not only do my stupid thoughts have company, they have enough company to make me comfortable not just sharing them, but normalizing them.

It has both enhanced and FUBAR'ed my love of football. I've been able to learn so much more about the sport, but the losses were easier to deal with when I either experienced the losses at a bar with Bills Backers, or watched the loss at home and had to wait for my monthly copy of "Shout!" magazine to show up where stupidity was kept to three 'Letters to the Editor."

Plus...well, Twitter.

It's very difficult to convey real information in 280 characters.  Much easier to convey outrage.

7 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

See: Cole Beasley. Fans crapped on him over his vaccination decision and ran him out of town. Truth is this world would be a better place without people. We talk about Social media and the people there but we have been a bit off at times here. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I work at a place that gives people multiple opportunities to crap on them. When some of us work at doing the job at the highest level possible get the same raise percentage as the guy or gal that calls in constantly. But, you be you and I will get the work done.

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

See: Cole Beasley. Fans crapped on him over his vaccination decision and ran him out of town. Truth is this world would be a better place without people. We talk about Social media and the people there but we have been a bit off at times here. 

Beasley had something like a $7M cap hit going in to the 2022 season, and a $1.5M dead money hit if cut.  

Fans ran him off of social media.  But it was obvious going into the 2021 season that he'd be a cap casualty.

5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Beasley had something like a $7M cap hit going in to the 2022 season, and a $1.5M dead money hit if cut.  

Fans ran him off of social media.  But it was obvious going into the 2021 season that he'd be a cap casualty.

He asked to be traded. That was on the "fans". He had no interest in renegotiating his contract.

• Like 2