Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen ..................The Book of Josh.

B-Man

Unable to find it anywhere, but driving and listening to Phil Simms on Mad Dog yesterday, he said he took some time to dive into Josh Allen film this past week, and catch up on some of this games from this year, and stunned Russo when he told him Josh is the best passer he's ever seen.

Paraphrasing: "He throws a 20-yard out like I throw a 5-yard out. He's a conductor, rolling out, pointing where he wants receivers to go and dropping it to them with ease. It's weird, because Mahomes will flip a ball for a touchdown in some weird way, and every goes crazy. I have no idea why they don't go as crazy about Allen. He's simply the best passer I've ever seen."

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Unable to find it anywhere, but driving and listening to Phil Simms on Mad Dog yesterday, he said he took some time to dive into Josh Allen film this past week, and catch up on some of this games from this year, and stunned Russo when he told him Josh is the best passer he's ever seen.

Paraphrasing: "He throws a 20-yard out like I throw a 5-yard out. He's a conductor, rolling out, pointing where he wants receivers to go and dropping it to them with ease. It's weird, because Mahomes will flip a ball for a touchdown in some weird way, and every goes crazy. I have no idea why they don't go as crazy about Allen. He's simply the best passer I've ever seen."

I've said it a few times over the years but Josh has the biggest toolbox of any QB in NFL history.  He's not a generational talent...he's an all-time talent.  There's literally no one like him.

If you watch the TD pass to Diggs last week, focus only on Josh.  He literally just shrugs off a 300+ pound DT directly after the release.  Just takes a few steps back.  I'll grant that some of it is due to the QB protection rules because the DT didn't wrap but you have to be a &#%$ing alien to take that kinda shot and not be affected by it AT ALL.

• Like 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
31 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I've said it a few times over the years but Josh has the biggest toolbox of any QB in NFL history.  He's not a generational talent...he's an all-time talent.  There's literally no one like him.

If you watch the TD pass to Diggs last week, focus only on Josh.  He literally just shrugs off a 300+ pound DT directly after the release.  Just takes a few steps back.  I'll grant that some of it is due to the QB protection rules because the DT didn't wrap but you have to be a &#%$ing alien to take that kinda shot and not be affected by it AT ALL.

Still not a complete toolbox.  He's missing the "bitch to the refs when someone gets close to you" Brady all-purpose tool.

• Haha 2

On 1/13/2023 at 2:10 PM, Alaska Darin said:

Hurts was named 2nd team All Pro.  Somehow.

Many of Josh's INTs - especially those in the Red Zone were brutal.

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Haven't heard Christopher "Mad Dog" Russo in years. He left Francesa after a long run on WFAN and went on Sirius. The two of them had some epic rows. Mike is a die-hard Jints fan. Chris the same but for the JESTS. They give short shrift to anything regarding Buffalo. It's for people like them that I hope The Bills win the Super Bowl... multiple times. Allen should dominate the AFCE for another decade. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Josh Allen and the entire Bills Offense has to buckle down and do better. 

catch the damn ball and if not don’t bounce it into the hands of the opponent.  

I’m one for having INTs off of bad catches a separate stat. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Shady said:

catch the damn ball and if not don’t bounce it into the hands of the opponent.  

I’m one for having INTs off of bad catches a separate stat. 

Then it becomes PFF objective. But, I understand what you mean... that INT was on Beasley, not Josh. 

• Like 4

Untold tales on the making of Bills star Josh Allen

THE MOST IMPORTANT detail of the day that Josh Allen knew -- he just knew -- he was going to be an NFL superstar is the location of the field where it happened.

Allen was 17 years old at the time, getting ready for his senior year at Firebaugh High by attending a camp at his hometown college, Fresno State. Josh, now in his fifth season as the Buffalo Bills quarterback, famously had zero interest from FBS schools during his high school career. Not "very little" interest. Zero interest, even from Fresno State. He hoped this camp would change that.

That didn't happen. On Day 1 of the two-day camp, Allen was electric as he led tiny Firebaugh on a surprising romp to the championship game of a 7-on-7 tournament. The team won its first two games, then ran into Bakersfield Christian, alma mater of then-Fresno State QB Derek Carr. Carr was there that day, and Firebaugh coach Bill Magnusson asked him to swing by their team tent, set up by Allen's dad, Joel, to keep the players out of a horrific heat that had some parents' sandals melting to the turf.

Carr was a California A-lister at that time. His brother, David, had been the No. 1 pick in the 2002 NFL draft, and now Derek was a star at Fresno, a year from getting drafted himself. He posed for pictures with the unknown Firebaugh squad, and when he got introduced to Allen, the school's starting quarterback, Carr said, "Take it easy on my old school out there, OK?"

Allen smiled, then went out and single-handedly tore up Bakersfield Christian. Carr saw him on the sideline afterward and said, "Hey, I thought I told you to take it easy on my guys?"

Allen didn't even blink. "I did take it easy," he said, and he and Carr both got a good chuckle out of that.

</snip>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1