Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen ..................The Book of Josh.

B-Man

Crap Throwing Clavin
14 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's hard to say that having a first round WR is super important given the production at the top of the position.

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/receiving/2022/post/all/receivingreceptions/desc

Jefferson:  1st Round

Hill:  5th Round

Kelce: 3rd Round

Diggs:  5th Round

Ekeler:  UDFA

Lamb:  1st Round

St. Brown:  4th Round

Godwin:  3rd Round

Davante Adams:  2nd Round

Pittman:  2nd Round

D. Smith:  1st round

DK Metcalf:  3rd Round

AJ Brown:  2nd Round

Chase:  1st Round

Hockenson:  1st Round

D. Johnson:  3rd Round

McCaffrey:  1st Round

Kirk:  2nd Round

Tyler Lockett:  3rd Round

Things I think the BILLS need to do to improve the offense:

1.  Get Davis healthy and have him take the next step in his development.  Shouldn't be a big lift given it's a contract year.

2.  Find more plays for Knox, who could easily be a poor man's Kelce if the offense focuses more on him.

3.  Draft a hammer back to pair with Cook/Hines.

4.  Find a RG somewhere who is more consistent than Saffold.

5.  If the draft falls the right way, pick Jalin Hyatt (I don't think this will happen but I can hope).

6) Find someone - anyone - who can replace Beasley's production out of the slot, even partially.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 4

CarpetCrawler
7 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

6) Find someone - anyone - who can replace Beasley's production out of the slot, even partially.

A little out of the box, but I don't know why they don't try Hines in the slot? He's known as a receiving RB, and the Colts had him line up wide regularly. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

30 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

A little out of the box, but I don't know why they don't try Hines in the slot? He's known as a receiving RB, and the Colts had him line up wide regularly. 

Would have no problem w/ that at all provided he can actually find the soft spots in zone coverage to move the sticks.

They HAVE to get production out of that role & it would make a world of difference in the perception of Dorsey to actually get that production.

Dorsey figuring out how to use Knox would help too.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

1.  Get Davis healthy and have him take the next step in his development.  Shouldn't be a big lift given it's a contract year.

Man, I really like Gabe Davis. He had a couple of game-changing misses this year that had me shaking my head, so I'm not surprised by those who think we should move on from him, but I really like his size and feel like he can improve greatly in the area of contested balls.

He feels and looks like an AJ Brown type. I think he will also benefit from Shakir's second year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I still think Hines is a cap casualty unless they re-do his deal and he takes a cut and re-structures.  Who's gonna pay him $4 million a year?  Hate to see him go.  He was very competent as a returner. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

I still think Hines is a cap casualty unless they re-do his deal and he takes a cut and re-structures.  Who's gonna pay him $4 million a year?  Hate to see him go.  He was very competent as a returner. 

Should be a lock based on the obsession with special teams only players.

may be a cut casualty if they actually used him as a weapon

5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's hard to say that having a first round WR is super important given the production at the top of the position.

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/receiving/2022/post/all/receivingreceptions/desc

Jefferson:  1st Round

Hill:  5th Round

Kelce: 3rd Round

Diggs:  5th Round

Ekeler:  UDFA

Lamb:  1st Round

St. Brown:  4th Round

Godwin:  3rd Round

Davante Adams:  2nd Round

Pittman:  2nd Round

D. Smith:  1st round

DK Metcalf:  3rd Round

AJ Brown:  2nd Round

Chase:  1st Round

Hockenson:  1st Round

D. Johnson:  3rd Round

McCaffrey:  1st Round

Kirk:  2nd Round

Tyler Lockett:  3rd Round

Things I think the BILLS need to do to improve the offense:

2.  Find more plays for Knox, who could easily be a poor man's Kelce if the offense focuses more on him.

3.  Draft a hammer back to pair with Cook/Hines.

4.  Find a RG somewhere who is more consistent than Saffold.

5.  If the draft falls the right way, pick Jalin Hyatt (I don't think this will happen but I can hope).

3! 

3!

3!

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
4 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Man, I really like Gabe Davis. He had a couple of game-changing misses this year that had me shaking my head, so I'm not surprised by those who think we should move on from him, but I really like his size and feel like he can improve greatly in the area of contested balls.

He feels and looks like an AJ Brown type. I think he will also benefit from Shakir's second year.

He’s also very close to josh so maybe they can get more comfortable together.

Deranged Rhino
17 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

One of the best random characters in the show. 

What I love about is that Michael Shur didn't enjoy having to act and play Mose, and once Greg Daniels realized that he didn't like playing Mose, he started writing him in more and more episodes :classic_laugh: 

• Like 2

More than the play on the field in the video above I would love to see the video of the interviews by the Bills with him. What did he say that made them say, "We can develop him".

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

More than the play on the field in the video above I would love to see the video of the interviews by the Bills with him. What did he say that made them say, "We can develop him".

If you watch his interviews with Kyle Brandt, you can get a sense of it.  He's just a very plain spoken, smart guy who understands what being QB1 means and how important it is for him to be likeable yet have enough dawg in him to hold other players accountable.

He's a pretty typical farm kid who, even though his parents were clearly people of means, was forced to work for both his family and for his place on the athletic field.  He was never given anything and it shows.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 2

7 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

If you watch his interviews with Kyle Brandt, you can get a sense of it.  He's just a very plain spoken, smart guy who understands what being QB1 means and how important it is for him to be likeable yet have enough dawg in him to hold other players accountable.

He's a pretty typical farm kid who, even though his parents were clearly people of means, was forced to work for both his family and for his place on the athletic field.  He was never given anything and it shows.

That is probably it in a nutshell. Love that show.

• Cheers 2