Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen ..................The Book of Josh.

B-Man

Just now, Billsandhorns said:

That's on Josh how?

He probably meant to post that in the game day thread. I know I have goofed like that when I have two windows open. 

• Like 2

On 1/19/2023 at 11:06 AM, Ann said:

Allen’s passing stats held steady from 2021 to 2022. Where I see regression is the increase in sacks taken. From where I sit, the three biggest priorities for the off-season are a new defensive coordinator, an improved offensive line, and another WR. In that order. 

• Like 1

The Guy In Pants

i don't have any ill feelings toward Allen and what transpired this year. I think Josh Allen was asked to do too much. He's surely capable of it but even he was unable to hide the glaring issues in Buffalo. Let's be honest; we all know these issues existed last year as well. Problem was; we have Daboll as the scape goat and he left which allowed us to see the real issues. I admit; I wanted Daboll gone. Now I wish he had not. Josh Allen is a rare talent and a very specific kind of footballer. I think it is important that an OC understand and utilize it. Dorsey did not. Dorsey relied on Allen to hide his incompetence. We all know that in order for a QB to get it right on a passing play; they have to be given time to complete reads and go through the progression of the play. They literally have seconds to scan and fire. When your offensive line is the shitbox of the NFL; you don't get many comfortable seconds. You get an anxiety riddled second or two to move from the pocket and read while on the move so you don't die. Guess what; you can miss things.

One of the things I think people don't think about is the angle at which the QB is watching his receivers run routes. Unless its a play action or a roll out that is designed; a QB's vision is designated to be made from the pocket; central to his route running receivers who are breaking left and right as they run their routes. Depth perception and the visuals change if you are pushed out of the pocket. Defenders who you could have seen from the pocket being out of position may look like they have a play on the ball from the right or left hash as you scramble. So you don't throw it. Likewise; a defender whom you could have seen as in a position to make a play on a ball may look out of place when you are scrambling and you misjudge it. Does that make sense? Quarterback is hard. It's harder when your OC and your line suck and your receivers are dropping passes. 

Dorsey doesn't get a pass because he is a first year OC. Oh no no no. Sure, a QB and OC gelling is important. What is more important than their relationship is the product on the field. Dorsey had ample weapons at his disposal and he barely strung together a competent NFL offense.  Often predictable and very basic, it didn't seem to take defenses long to figure them out. Execution is important. But, you can't execute when the defense is able to identify the play and get one foot in front of yours. Good luck. I can only hope some other teams needs him. 

Defensively; Frazier's concept of "Bend don't break" is crap. At some point, the bending leads to breaking. Good luck recovering. Zero answers for many halfcocked NFL offenses that we should have steam rolled. his zone defense....half of the time they weren't even in the same damn zip code. We couldn't tackle (again) and often looked confused. The Bengals game was not the first time our D-Line was whipped into submission but sub par offensive linemen. The only thing I will give them is they played with injured players and made things work. But, we got lucky many times. Doesn't excuse Frazier at all. Bye, bye birdie. 

Sean McDermott's early in game chance taking.....didn't exist. Hardly a sense of urgency. Trust the process seemed more like Rusty Process. Clap, Clap, Clap Mr. Duckworth.....we needed the Flying V and instead we got the crying ZZZ. Snooze fest Sean.

Beane's draft failures are starting to highlight themselves. Either they really aren't that good or we aren't using them the way the should be. How you could completely ignore the offensive line is beyond me. I get it Von Miller is a force to be reckoned with but........ but..... he was not the only piece we needed.  I was excited at first. Now I realize we put lipstick on a pig. 

Josh Allen needs to clean up his fumbles. That is for certain. Other than that; he is the least of our problems. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

Been traveling and catching up, but no one here brought up the "Josh got a bartender pregnant and called the police to make his girlfriend leave his house?"

55 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Been traveling and catching up, but no one here brought up the "Josh got a bartender pregnant and called the police to make his girlfriend leave his house?"

:facepalm: Apparently, people have been horrible to him after that loss. His gf wrote a post in a Facebook group I belong to. Let’s just say, people are awful.