Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen ..................The Book of Josh.

B-Man

12 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The double forward pass technically isn't even a rule change.  It's within the existing rules - if a receiver doesn't have control of the ball, both feet down, and make a football move, he doesn't have possession, so it can't be a forward pass.

I want to see that play live, just because I know they wouldn't call it that way.  Just to highlight the stupidity of the rule.

Don't worry, the apology letters are on letterhead worthy of framing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The double forward pass technically isn't even a rule change.  It's within the existing rules - if a receiver doesn't have control of the ball, both feet down, and make a football move, he doesn't have possession, so it can't be a forward pass.

I want to see that play live, just because I know they wouldn't call it that way.  Just to highlight the stupidity of the rule.

it’s basically the same as a “tipped” pass, only directed 

I thought I saw similar this past week in some team’s highlights 

18 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Josh is taking this line of thinking to the next level with the double pass stuff, but for years I’ve thought about how a DB could force an incompletion in the middle of the field on a pass the receiver has to jump for if they could somehow wrap him up enough to prevent him from landing, then carry him to the sideline. 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
22 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

Josh is taking this line of thinking to the next level with the double pass stuff, but for years I’ve thought about how a DB could force an incompletion in the middle of the field on a pass the receiver has to jump for if they could somehow wrap him up enough to prevent him from landing, then carry him to the sideline. 

Believe it or not, it's covered.

1. If a player, who is in possession of the ball, is held up and carried out of bounds by an opponent before both feet or any part of his body other than his hands touches the ground inbounds, it is a completed or intercepted pass. It is not necessary for the player to maintain control of the ball when he lands out of bounds.

Also, reading the rules...Josh's "double forward pass" is actually an illegal bat.

It is an illegal bat if:

1. any player bats or punches a loose ball in the field of play toward his opponent’s goal line
  2. any player bats or punches a loose ball (that has touched the ground) in any direction, if it is in either end zone
  3. an offensive player bats a backward pass in flight toward his opponent’s goal line

Exception: A forward pass in flight may be tipped, batted, or deflected in any direction by any eligible player at any time.

Note: If a forward pass that is controlled by a player prior to completing the catch is thrown forward, it is an illegal bat. If it is caught by a teammate or intercepted by an opponent, the ball remains alive. If it is not caught, the ball is dead when it hits the ground.

Although again, "controlled prior to completing the catch" highlights the bullshit definition of "catch."

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Ugh...Boogie Nights.  You had a kid on with him last week.  Man, I hate sounding like a curmudgeon but I don't think that's a great choice.

Just picture Allen looking in the mirror with a Lombardi between his legs saying: "I'm a star."

vlcsnap-2010-11-19-19h31m27s219.jpg

• Haha 1

Jabba The Hutt
2 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

Just picture Allen looking in the mirror with a Lombardi between his legs saying: "I'm a star."

vlcsnap-2010-11-19-19h31m27s219.jpg

I was just about to go to bed...thanks a lot, now I'll be up for at least a couple more hours:faint2::classic_love:

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
20 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

"Mac Jones can do that too!" - Pats fans.

"But not without hurting himself." - Me.

• Haha 2