Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Sabres 2022 Offseason

Alaska Darin

11 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Has Joe Thornton retired?  He should be on that list.

Holly crap, I didn’t realize he’s 43 years old. 

But yeah, we beat him during the cup run in 99. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I hope he delivers. I don’t think anyone would be surprised if his numbers fall back to earth this year. 

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, shrader said:

I hope he delivers. I don’t think anyone would be surprised if his numbers fall back to earth this year. 

I don't expect him to get 40 a season because that's elite stuff but he's definitely a guy who can regularly score 25-30 goals.  He finally overcame the baby giraffe physique and started using that reach and big body.  Granato did a nice job of putting him in the best position to have success and rewarding him when he started producing.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't expect him to get 40 a season because that's elite stuff but he's definitely a guy who can regularly score 25-30 goals.  He finally overcame the baby giraffe physique and started using that reach and big body.  Granato did a nice job of putting him in the best position to have success and rewarding him when he started producing.

And now that I think about it, he is playing for a contract this year. If it wasn’t for the position change, I’d expect no regression at all. 

And as I look at the team salaries, it’s hilarious that he makes less than Bjork. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

It is going to be a bit different than the original.  The detail in the (Miro) Satanic Goathead is substantially less refined.  The neck is different as well.  Want to say the piping is slightly different as well but not positive about that.

• Like 1