Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Climate policy

snafu

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

Never said they were smart

They must be smart.  They went to college.

I mean...they must have.  No one gets to be that stupid without a college education.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Koko said:

Stupid should hurt. I do love the overreaction by the guy, though. He really tried to sell it.

I'm sure he got plenty of air time by the French main stream.

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

I'm sure he got plenty of air time by the French main stream.

I hear that he was also offered a spot on he French National Soccer Team

😎

• Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Koko said:

Stupid should hurt. I do love the overreaction by the guy, though. He really tried to sell it.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out why the French haven't won a war since the 1600's.  :classic_dry:

• Haha 3

a plan - like a climate pandemic

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/watch-bill-gates-says-european-energy-crisis-good

Touting his Breakthrough Energy Ventures climate-technology (carbon tax) investment company, Gates told CNBC “People did get a little optimistic about how quickly the transition could be done.”

Gates published a “State of the Energy Transition,” Tuesday, declaring that it should be the responsibility of countries such as the United States which have prospered from burning fossil fuels to move to completely decarbonize all sectors of the economy.

He writes “Many countries in Europe and North America filled the atmosphere with carbon to achieve prosperity, and it is both unrealistic and unfair to expect everyone else to forgo a more comfortable life because that carbon turned out to change the climate.”

Gates also writes “I don’t think the market by itself can press reset on an entire economy in just a few decades,” adding “We need a plan to speed the process up.”

Crap Throwing Clavin
37 minutes ago, Hedge said:

The follow up story to this sounds...messy.

You can be a scientist or an advocate.  Not both.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

You can be a scientist or an advocate.  Not both.

I like how they wore lab coats to show that they were scientists.

Almost as much as their lack of planning; especially the whining when the target of their protest won't provide them with heat, light, and pee buckets.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Koko said:

Almost as much as their lack of planning; especially the whining when the target of their protest won't provide them with heat, light, and pee buckets.

we're protestors - we're special

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 minutes ago, Koko said:

Part of being a protester is being a perennial victim.  

Can't be a victim if you take care of your own needs.

The long fight against climate change deniers (msn.com)

They had expected to compare findings and strengthen ties with counterparts in Russia – but discovered key promoters of the unscientific view that humans have no key role in driving climate change had been invited, too.

“It was an ambush,” Stott said.

and yet

A good scientist is genuinely sceptical of their own and other people’s work because “that’s how science works”, he said.