Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Baseball

KD in CA

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Must watch Chipper Jones clip:

Why'd he have to be a Brave?   He might be my favorite player ever if he'd played for the Mets!

• Haha 1

Alaska Darin
12 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Why'd he have to be a Brave?   He might be my favorite player ever if he'd played for the Mets!

The Mets woulda traded him before he was anyone for a buncha terrible bullpen "help".

Chipper is such a good dude.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

The Mets woulda traded him before he was anyone for a buncha terrible bullpen "help".

Chipper is such a good dude.

Sad but true.

Mets fans giving the owner heck for not "doing something" yet is making me want to gouge my own eyes out. They really expect the Mets to go from one of the worst franchises in ALL of sports to one of the best in the course of one offseason.

2 hours ago — .

The Yankees are set to acquire outfielder Greg Allen from the Padres. Allen was recently designated for assignment by San Diego. The Padres will receive left-handed reliever James Reeves in return, per Joel Sherman of the New York Post (via Twitter).

• Wow 1

2 hours ago, RkFast said:

Woohoo...the Mets traded for an AL infielder.

That never ends in disaster.

At least this one is not pushing 40.

Alaska Darin

Not sure what the Tribe is doing there.   Understanding they had to move Lindor before he was 10/5 but that's not much return. 

Good job, Mets (it's so weird to say that without sarcasm!)

• Like 1

Also my (NL) team, the Cubs bring back Bryant.

The Cubs have also avoided arbitration on Kris Bryant, Willson Contreras, and Zach Davies, per multiple reports.

Bryant gets $19.5 million, which is above his projection range at MLBTR, but to be honest, that was without any kind of bump, which seemed very unlikely even after the 2020 season. Instead, we’d kinda been mentally ballparking Bryant around $20 million, so this sounds about right.

Contreras, in his second arbitration year, gets $6.65 million, which was near the high end of his range, but is still pretty cheap for a second-arb-year-stud-catcher.

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

Yankees bringing Corey Kluber to Bronx

On 12/28/2020 at 9:40 AM, Alaska Darin said:

I bet.  I used to love to watch Maddux (my favorite player of all time) pitch against the big time power pitchers like Randy Johnson for much the same reason.

I saw Kluber throw 3 scoreless innings in Spring Training in 2018.
He reminded me very much of Maddux.

I also made sure to get a Chief Wahoo shirt before he got retired.

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Joe said:

I saw Kluber throw 3 scoreless innings in Spring Training in 2018.
He reminded me very much of Maddux.

I'm hoping he can get over the injury bug and get back to what he was.  He could be a big difference maker for the Yankees, especially in the post season.

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
8 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Mets gonna Met.  At least it happened in the off season. 

This guy might have had the greatest GM career in history if we’re going lb. for lb., accomplishments divided by tenure.