Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Jets Chat

Ann

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Kid was wrong, btw.  They actually have THREE receivers with no separation.

And yet at 12 years old the kid gave a great breakdown of why the Jets have problems, and was infinitely more interesting than anything ever written by Timmah Graham that doesn't involve someone else's heartbreak.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

3 games in and there goes the locker room. 

Good thing they have a quality veteran in the QB room to help him...lol

Absolute indictment of Saleh, as you and I have discussed at length.

Also, Van Roten needs to be cut; which may well have been his purpose.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

3 games in and there goes the locker room. 

Good thing they have a quality veteran in the QB room to help him...lol

I have to believe that that locker room started the season as a plane crashing in to a railroad bridge on which a train wreck was already occurring, so van Roten's comment is little more than rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic...

...not to, y'know, mix my metaphors at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Absolute indictment of Saleh, as you and I have discussed at length.

Also, Van Roten needs to be cut; which may well have been his purpose.

I regret I am, naively, one of those people who watched a guy like Saleh running around the sidelines as the 49ers DC, chest-bumping his guys and looking like one of the players, and thought to himself "Dude's gonna make a great NFL head coach."

And yet as naively blind of a football fan as I can be, even I know you can't take a dude like Wilson at #2 and not put a solid QB vet with him from Day 1.

Jags have the same issue, but at least I wasn't naïve enough to look at Urban Meyers and think to myself "Dude's gonna make a great NFL head coach."

• Haha 4
  • Cheers 1

Anyone here have thoughts on what is happening with Mims in NY? A second-round pick that was supposed to be something of a Smoke Brown is, apparently, unable to adapt to what the Jets rookie OC expects, so he is on the sidelines at a time when the offense needs all the help they can get.

Just curious if anyone was familiar with him, and if this is just a stubborn OC or if maybe Mims was just a bad pick.

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/27/new-york-jets-offense-denzel-mims-mike-lafleur-robert-saleh/

6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Anyone here have thoughts on what is happening with Mims in NY? A second-round pick that was supposed to be something of a Smoke Brown is, apparently, unable to adapt to what the Jets rookie OC expects, so he is on the sidelines at a time when the offense needs all the help they can get.

Just curious if anyone was familiar with him, and if this is just a stubborn OC or if maybe Mims was just a bad pick.

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/27/new-york-jets-offense-denzel-mims-mike-lafleur-robert-saleh/

It's hard to know how much Mims' attitude and work ethic is playing into the equation, but from that article anyway it sounds like another example of a scheme obsessed coach who doesn't understand how to tailor his approach to the talent he has available.  Given their rookie QB is getting destroyed every week, you'd think they'd want all hands on deck.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 9:13 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I have to believe that that locker room started the season as a plane crashing in to a railroad bridge on which a train wreck was already occurring, so van Roten's comment is little more than rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic...

...not to, y'know, mix my metaphors at all.

Work in an exploding whale next time.

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Work in an exploding whale next time.

And don't forget the flaming asteroid about to make impact on the horizon.

On 9/27/2021 at 10:13 AM, IDBillzFan said:

I regret I am, naively, one of those people who watched a guy like Saleh running around the sidelines as the 49ers DC, chest-bumping his guys and looking like one of the players, and thought to himself "Dude's gonna make a great NFL head coach."

And yet as naively blind of a football fan as I can be, even I know you can't take a dude like Wilson at #2 and not put a solid QB vet with him from Day 1.

Jags have the same issue, but at least I wasn't naïve enough to look at Urban Meyers and think to myself "Dude's gonna make a great NFL head coach."

After Josh shredded SF last year I did not see how he was going to be a great/good HC.  Being up all the time does not last.

• Like 1