Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Jets Chat

Ann

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Man, they are snake-bit at LT. Are they sure Met Life wasn't built on an old burial ground or something? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Man, they are snake-bit at LT. Are they sure Met Life wasn't built on an old burial ground or something? 

Don't think so. Hoffa was buried under Giants Stadium...

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If they are, I can only imagine that all the deceased Native American spirits are bitching about the Jets jinxing their burial ground.

• Haha 7

So, on Monday Saleh says Wilson might play Sunday, then on Wednesday says he won't play till week 4?

It sounds like Saleh took some 'how to manage expectations around injuries' lessons from the Mets.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Damn, that's brutal. They're really getting bit this year.

And I'm good with that, because as someone whose athletic ability and knowledge is best illustrated by watching Barack Obama throw an opening day pitch in MLB, I felt like Saleh could turn them around very quickly, especially with all those draft picks. 

They can have another high first again when this season is over.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ann said:

Wow, and he went out and played. That is tough.

If that was Timmah or Sullivan, they'd be like, "Yeah, okay, your dad died, but do you realize what that looked like to everyone? Do you wish you could take that back?"

• Angry 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Ann said:

Wow, and he went out and played. That is tough.

Too bad they couldn't have communicated that to the booth and forestalled the criticism.  

I get why they couldn't have...just too bad they couldn't.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

My brother is a life-long Jets fan, former season ticket holder before moving out of the area. Leading up to the game, he felt okay with Flacco going in. He's kind of a homer like me, always trying to find the upside. But he's not sold on Wilson, and genuinely felt Flacco at least gave them a chance.

By the time they hit halftime, he was texting me, "Man, was I wrong. Flacco sucks and this team is a mess."

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

The Jets organization for the last 15 years:

sheep-fail.gif

A better metaphor for the Jets fans, given they get fleeced every season.

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin

5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

My brother is a life-long Jets fan, former season ticket holder before moving out of the area. Leading up to the game, he felt okay with Flacco going in. He's kind of a homer like me, always trying to find the upside. But he's not sold on Wilson, and genuinely felt Flacco at least gave them a chance.

By the time they hit halftime, he was texting me, "Man, was I wrong. Flacco sucks and this team is a mess."

I'm still trying to figure out why they didn't keep their preseason MVP QB over either Flacco or White.  I mean, what do you have to lose taking a shot on a guy who at worst...is as good as either of the losers you kept?

• I don't know 1

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

You know, I watched that game yesterday and I was in the disbelief that Flacco once won an NFL championship and was considered to be good. Yeah, he's 37 years old but still for QBs that's not totally ancient considering that Brady is doing it at 45 years old. To me it looked like the dude was just out there collecting a paycheck rather than trying to win or mentor the younger guys on the field. At this point the Jets are best to relegate him to 3rd string after that putrid showing.

4 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

You know, I watched that game yesterday and I was in the disbelief that Flacco once won an NFL championship and was considered to be good. Yeah, he's 37 years old but still for QBs that's not totally ancient considering that Brady is doing it at 45 years old. To me it looked like the dude was just out there collecting a paycheck rather than trying to win or mentor the younger guys on the field. At this point the Jets are best to relegate him to 3rd string after that putrid showing.

Imagine Jets fans right now actually miss....Geno Smith.

• Haha 4

Once again...you don't fight with the media unless you're winning VERY consistently.  I don't know why coaches read anything those morons print/say, much less respond to it.

• Facepalm 2
  • Wow 1