Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Jets Chat

Ann

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

How do you know your team doesn't have many highlights?  When your media department is doing stuff like this:

Well done, Jets.  Well done.

I think whoever won it the week before had his team do a photo shoot with the shirt and scepter and smoke and shit, and Brandt went crazy, so I expect he'll feature this and go crazy next Tuesday...just before he awards a fifth one to JA17.

• Cheers 1

BIg win for the Jets yesterday, and now the talk is about how the Jets need to be taken seriously.

But are the Jets better, or does GB suck? They barely got past Zappe, gave up a lead to lose to the Giants in Europe, and then get trounced by the Jets.

I saw two blocked punts by the Jets yesterday, and then saw this line from this article in The Athletic:

They won with a quarterback in Zach Wilson who threw for only 110 yards and no touchdowns. They won despite converting just 1 of 11 third downs.

You most certainly need to bring a better game than that to your matchup with the Bills.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

59 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

BIg win for the Jets yesterday, and now the talk is about how the Jets need to be taken seriously.

But are the Jets better, or does GB suck? They barely got past Zappe, gave up a lead to lose to the Giants in Europe, and then get trounced by the Jets.

I saw two blocked punts by the Jets yesterday, and then saw this line from this article in The Athletic:

You most certainly need to bring a better game than that to your matchup with the Bills.

GB couldn't do anything right on offense.  Rogers is basically out there with a buncha guys who should be cleaning up the local movie theater between shows.  Think "Josh Allen's rookie season" offense.  Their GM should be fired RN for what's going on there.

The Jets had 65 yards of offense in the first half and led 3-0 until the last snap when GB tied it up.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

GB couldn't do anything right on offense.  Rogers is basically out there with a buncha guys who should be cleaning up the local movie theater between shows.  Think "Josh Allen's rookie season" offense.  Their GM should be fired RN for what's going on there.

Is Guntkiss (sp) still the GM there? He did a heck of a job for a long time Lafleur.

I'm not sold on LeFleur.

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Is Guntkiss (sp) still the GM there? He did a heck of a job for a long time Lafleur.

I'm not sold on LeFleur.

Gutekunst is still the GM.  I'm not sold on either of them.  I just don't know how you don't surround Rogers with a quality OLine and some high level targets.  It's a senseless waste of a guy coming off 2 MVP seasons.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The Jets had 65 yards of offense in the first half and led 3-0 until the last snap when GB tied it up.

So you are saying they couldn't get carts from the cart corral?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

the story has always been how Rogers "made" his receivers, because he is so good.

well, go to it , big boy.

light it up and stop whining  

maybe a bit of off season work with these new guys may have helped  

On 10/17/2022 at 3:21 PM, Alaska Darin said:

Jets are sitting on top of the Freshman Division.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
34 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

A young players trying to get his way off the team is not a great optic.

Jets are 4-2, though.  While it may not be a strong 4-2, it's still 4-2.

A young player looking to get his way off a surprisingly successful 4-2 team is a worse optic for the player than the franchise.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Jets are 4-2, though.  While it may not be a strong 4-2, it's still 4-2.

A young player looking to get his way off a surprisingly successful 4-2 team is a worse optic for the player than the franchise.  

That may be true, but they did pass for 110 yards last week…

18 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

That may be true, but they did pass for 110 yards last week…

That Jets passing stat -- really even worse when you realize he got 48 in the first half -- was buried by who they beat.

It's a little like last night's game. Was Arizona suddenly really good, or were the Saints just that depleted and bad?

Time will show all. I agree with CTC, though, it's a bad look for the player. But if he wants out, this is the window, which is likely why he's the squeaky wheel right now.

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Is Saleh punishing him by sitting him, or keeping him healthy for a trade?

Doesn't make sense to me. Why keep a malcontent on your sideline? You want another visual like Jeudy on the Bronco's sideline complaining to a sidelined, disgruntled Melvin Gordon? Now THAT is bad optics.