Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Jets Chat

Ann

On 7/20/2022 at 8:35 AM, Alaska Darin said:

You haven't seen the most Jets' thing ever until you see a promo video from the 1970s that features both a terrible song AND a punt.

JETS!  JETS!  JETS!

@Fox we definitely need the barf emoji for responding to posts like these. Just sayin. 

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 7/20/2022 at 8:35 AM, Alaska Darin said:

You haven't seen the most Jets' thing ever until you see a promo video from the 1970s that features both a terrible song AND a punt.

JETS!  JETS!  JETS!

Song by Marv Levy.

22 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

B-e-c-k-t-o-n - Noun.  Pronunciation:  BUST

Schefter deleted that tweet, but Cimini is still there.

Really surprised by this. Becton was a beast of a man. I would love to know where it went wrong. In fact, I believe he was highly rated pre-draft by all the usual talking heads, so apparently everyone missed something.

Alaska Darin
4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Schefter deleted that tweet, but Cimini is still there.

Really surprised by this. Becton was a beast of a man. I would love to know where it went wrong. In fact, I believe he was highly rated pre-draft by all the usual talking heads, so apparently everyone missed something.

The rumor surrounding him has always been that he's lazy/doesn't love football.  Offensive version of Darius.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The rumor surrounding him has always been that he's lazy/doesn't love football.  Offensive version of Darius.

Just as this was going on, I was reading Adam Schein's column at NFL.Com, about players who need to have a good camp.

(Sidenote: Adam Schein is annoying as shit, I don't care how much he loves "my guy" Josh Allen.)

Here is Becton:

Taken with the No. 11 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft -- two picks ahead of Tristan Wirfs, who just earned first-team All-Pro honors -- Becton was supposed to be New York's franchise left tackle for the foreseeable future. But two years into his NFL tenure, the enormous edge blocker is teetering on becoming an enormous bust. After a promising rookie campaign, Becton played in just one game last season due to injury. But it wasn't just that -- his conditioning and work ethic came into serious question, with head coach Robert Saleh basically challenging him to prove his worth in February.

"I think Mekhi has the skill set to do whatever he wants," Saleh said at the Senior Bowl. "He's just got to put his mind to it."

Becton skipped the Jets' voluntary offseason workouts, but returned for mandatory minicamp and said he's "definitely coming back with that chip on my shoulder." He had better be. Becton's reputation is under fire. And his role is unclear. Competing with George Fant at left tackle? Right tackle? Right out of town? Buckle up.

• Like 1

• ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports

Jets sign Luq Barcoo, cut Jovante Moffatt

The Jets announced Wednesday they signed defensive back Luq Barcoo and released defensive back Jovante Moffatt. The Chiefs waived Barcoo in June after three months on their roster. He entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent in 2020, signing with the Jaguars. He played three games and totaled 10 tackles. Barcoo spent time with [more]

•  

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Guess his offseasons shoulda been "more bombs, less moms".

But Zach has had more cougars.

Deranged Rhino
5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Those pants. It's as if he and Ed Oliver had a contest to see who could cut theirs the shortest. 

Sauce won.

16 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Those pants. It's as if he and Ed Oliver had a contest to see who could cut theirs the shortest. 

Sauce won.

Yeah but... I'm pretty sure DeShaun Watson won the tightest shorts contest.

• Haha 3