Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Jets Chat

Ann

On 4/6/2022 at 7:24 AM, Ann said:

Joe Douglas wants to find a No. 1 wide receiver for quarterback Zach Wilson.

But the New York Jets general manager is finding it won’t be that easy.

Douglas already lost out on Tyreek Hill, who the Kansas City Chiefs traded to the Miami Dolphins.

Now you can add Seattle Seahawks wide receiver DK Metcalf’s name to the list, according to NFL insider Howard Eskin. Per WIP:

“The Jets were going to offer, and Seattle knew it, the No. 10 pick in the fist round. I’ve been told by multiple people when somebody calls Seattle about DK Metcalf (they said) ‘We’re not trading him. We’re not trading him.’ They don’t even take the offer,” Eskin said. “They just say ‘Nope’ and they just shut it right down. You can’t even make an offer right now.”

</snip>

You can already see the twitter finger pointing coming from Wilson's mom when it just doesn't click with whatever name WR they end up with.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like 3

My first thought seeing this is how fun it would be to see Deebo want nothing to do with the Jets.

But then I remember Deebo and Saleh were together previously, and he may just make that leap regardless of who is under center.

This would surprise me. I suspect that is because I'm not great at player evaluation, but whenever you see him on the field, he's a monster amongst men. Just a big, massive monster.

• Wow 1

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

This would surprise me. I suspect that is because I'm not great at player evaluation, but whenever you see him on the field, he's a monster amongst men. Just a big, massive monster.

From what I've read he has the traits of Karlos Williams and Marcell Dareus.

• Sad 1

In the end, the one thing I hear smart NFL talking heads repeat; if you don't have a QB, little else matters.

Is Wilson the guy?

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

In the end, the one thing I hear smart NFL talking heads repeat; if you don't have a QB, little else matters.

Is Wilson the guy?

Could be. He’s no Josh Rosen. 

13 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Is Wilson the guy?

If he's not, I'll still be there to comfort his mother.

Crap Throwing Clavin
30 minutes ago, Ann said:

Look, I like Stevie Johnson.  Really.  But his career highlights are three 1000-yard seasons catching balls from Ryan Fitzpatrick on a team that went 16-32 in that time.  

I'd suggest that Garrett Wilson should aim higher...but really, he sounds like a perfect fit for the Jets, doesn't he?  

• Like 2