Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Jets Chat

Ann

On 7/9/2022 at 4:39 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

"I've got to get a Todd Marinovich rookie card.  This guy is going places."  Me, circa October 1992.  :doh:

He went places often. LSD will do that to you.

8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Welcome to NYC, kid.

Never mind that, Mrs.Wilson.

What's the score? Three? Four? More? 

And to think he still needs to get through puberty.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Welcome to NYC, kid.

'Cause that's what you want in your QB.  His mom publicly sticking up for him.  

When does she start arguing calls during the game with the officials?

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

'Cause that's what you want in your QB.  His mom publicly sticking up for him.  

When does she start arguing calls during the game with the officials?

When Maholmes' girlfriend hands her the phone.

• Haha 6

Alaska Darin

You haven't seen the most Jets' thing ever until you see a promo video from the 1970s that features both a terrible song AND a punt.

JETS!  JETS!  JETS!

• Doh! 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

You haven't seen the most Jets' thing ever until you see a promo video from the 1970s that features both a terrible song AND a punt.

JETS!  JETS!  JETS!

Don't recall who the Jest' punter was in the '70's.  But if he was their Moorman could see them having him in a highlight.  

Brian would've been in an '00's highlight ad.  It would've been for his TD vs Seattle rather than some random punt from near his own goal line, but he still would've been there.

NFL Quarterback Tiers 2022: Allen, Herbert and Burrow Make Tier 1 Debuts

28. Zach Wilson

Wilson ranked last among qualifying quarterbacks in EPA per pass play as a rookie. Only Josh Rosen was worse by this metric among 34 qualifying rookie quarterbacks during the past decade. That might reflect situations as much as a quarterback’s prospects, although many quarterbacks near the top (Dak Prescott, Russell Wilson, Justin Herbert) as rookies enjoyed better outlooks than those near the bottom (Rosen, DeShone Kizer, Blake Bortles, E.J. Manuel, Geno Smith, Mitch Trubisky).

“Zach Wilson has got talent — he has ALL the physical talent,” a defensive coach from the AFC East said. “He is not lacking in any skill set from a tools standpoint. They have done a good job trying to draft and surround him with people. It’ll be a big year for him to take a leap. It was a bad team last year, and he made a lot of mistakes. We will have a better sense after this year.”

If you didn’t love Wilson coming out of BYU, there wasn’t enough during his rookie season to change your mind.

“He looks at the rush way too much,” an offensive play caller said. “He is one of those guys who sees the rush and wants to get depth and run right, but you lose the field when you do that.”

A head coach vouched for Wilson’s skill set while noting “there were times where it looked like it was too big for him,” suggesting Wilson needs to settle down this year.

“Tell me one marquee player that he had around him last year,” a quarterbacks coach said. “I still think the sky’s the limit for this kid. He’s got some young weapons now, and I think they are going to be a lot better.”

• Like 1