Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Jets Chat

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Imagine being in a city with 2 baseball franchises and 2 football franchises and having a family that chooses the worst of each to root for.

At least we have an excuse.  Those idiots had a 50/50 shot of backing winners.

Actually, a 75% chance of backing at least one winner.

There's only one outcome - Jets and Mets - where they choose all losers.  Any other outcome, they're backing at least one decent franchise.

If they're Nets and Rangers fans as well, they're beating 93% odds.  I'll bet they're Nets and Rangers fans.  

34 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

There's only one outcome - Jets and Mets - where they choose all losers.  Any other outcome, they're backing at least one decent franchise.

If they're Nets and Rangers fans as well, they're beating 93% odds.  I'll bet they're Nets and Rangers fans.  

You forgot to carry the 3.5

• Haha 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, devnull said:

You forgot to carry the 3.5

I didn't forget.  It doesn't apply here, as that's simply not the true expected value of rooting for NY teams.

That would be...the Kniyanlandants.  So if you live in Manhattan...you're rooting for the Kniyanlandants, or you're in error.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

That would be...the Kniyanlandants.  So if you live in Manhattan...you're rooting for the Kniyanlandants, or you're in error.  

MDAuZ2lm.gif

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, devnull said:

MDAuZ2lm.gif

What?  It's the average of Knicks, Yankees, Islanders, and Giants.  The Kniyanlandants.  The true expected value of NYC fandom.

Hey, it's not my statistics.  I'm just using it.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

What?  It's the average of Knicks, Yankees, Islanders, and Giants.  The Kniyanlandants.  The true expected value of NYC fandom.

Except the Rags are bigger IN NYC than the Aisles are.

So, you kind of did roll a 3.5.  Full marks.

6 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Yeah no.  That's like Kamala level word salad

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Islanders are easier to portmanteau.

Kniyanrangants?  That's just too tough to say.

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Back in my youth it was blasphemy to cross over to or from Shea stadium in football/baseball. So basically you had a 50% chance to pick a winner. 

21 hours ago, Taro T said:

Hell, a mid sized mini pad is bigger than some of those aisles in the stores in Manhattan. Every time I go in one I kick myself for not bringing my bowling ball. 

• Facepalm 1

Arm of Harm
On 5/24/2022 at 10:23 AM, Alaska Darin said:

Kinda like praying for roadkill to get up and walk.

In terms of rooting for losing franchises, rooting for the Jets is nothing. Mere child’s play. You want to know what it’s like to root for a real loser? Just ask a fan of the Washington Generals! The Generals once lost 2,495 consecutive games. 😮 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Fansince88
On 5/24/2022 at 4:20 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Except Rangers are more NYC. Islanders are more on The Island.

Crap Throwing Clavin
33 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

You heard it here first, America!

What, they already have tickets to a playoff game?

Arm of Harm
27 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I really wanted the Bills to take Nick Mangold. Instead they used their late first round pick on John McCargo, a bust. The Jets took Mangold with the next pick. 🙁

• Like 1

IDBillzFan
32 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

I really wanted the Bills to take Nick Mangold. Instead they used their late first round pick on John McCargo, a bust. The Jets took Mangold with the next pick. 🙁

Damn you, Leslie Frazier! You screw up everything!

• Haha 3

Alaska Darin
6 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

The Jets took Mangold 3 picks later (I think).   I know Marcedes Lewis was picked right before Mangold.

When the BILLS traded back into the 1st, I was 10000000000000% sure it was for Mangold.  &#%$ing BILLS.

• Like 1

Arm of Harm
48 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The Jets took Mangold 3 picks later (I think).   I know Marcedes Lewis was picked right before Mangold.

When the BILLS traded back into the 1st, I was 10000000000000% sure it was for Mangold.  &#%$ing BILLS.

I looked it up and you are correct. Two players were chosen after McCargo but before Mangold. Marcedes Lewis was chosen immediately before Mangold. (As an aside: autocorrect really wants to change the spelling of “Marcedes.”)