Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dolphins Chat

B-Man

Flores optimistic Tua can play through finger injury on throwing hand

by: Daniel Valente The Score4h

Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores is optimistic that quarterback Tua Tagovailoa will be able to play Sunday against the Houston Texans despite dealing with an injured finger on his throwing hand, according to Cameron Wolfe of NFL Network.The second-year signal-caller suffered the injury during...

• Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Tua is officially questionable.  He might not play either.

Tua's officially questionable even when perfectly healthy.

24 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Tua's officially questionable even when perfectly healthy.

Precisely.

Crap Throwing Clavin
25 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Precisely.

I don't even necessarily believe half the stuff I say about him.  But he's just so much damn fun to pick on.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 9:39 PM, 4merper4mer said:

“Tua’s ability to make every throw” line reminds me of the joke “Doc, will I be able play the piano once I get this cast off?…. Doctor says of course and the patient says GREAT because I never learned how”.

102 QB rating, beats the 6 - 2  Ravens

Did you ever watch Tua play at the college level?

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

102 QB rating, beats the 6 - 2  Ravens

Did you ever watch Tua play at the college level?

You think Tua is the reason the Dolphins won last night? :classic_blink:  He gets decent passer ratings because he mostly dink and dunks for a high completion rate and is very careful with the ball. He's a younger Tyrod Taylor. I too hope the Dolphins think he's the answer and keep him for a long, long time.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ann said:

You think Tua is the reason the Dolphins won last night? :classic_blink:  He gets decent passer ratings because he mostly dink and dunks for a high completion rate and is very careful with the ball. He's a younger Tyrod Taylor. I too hope the Dolphins think he's the answer and keep him for a long, long time.

I'll repeat my question

Did you ever watch Tua play before the hip surgery?

Kids a natural, and to say he can't make the throws or never has been able to make the throws is simply not true.

With all due respect

1 minute ago, Figster said:

I'll repeat my question

Did you ever watch Tua play before the hip surgery?

Kids a natural, and to say he can't make the throws or never has been able to make the throws is simply not true.

With all due respect

Oh, I see. No, I did not.  But what does it matter now what he was able to do prior to his hip surgery? Or, do you think strength and conditioning can bring back what he once had/was?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ann said:

Oh, I see. No, I did not.  But what does it matter now what he was able to do prior to his hip surgery? Or, do you think strength and conditioning can bring back what he once had/was?

Its never been all about ball velocity for Tua. The quick release and ability to drop passes into the receiver with pin point accuracy is what makes him good IMO. The QB rating was to show there was no glaring in game mistakes that jump out at you. My comment on his past is based on Tua being the best Alabama QB I have personally witnessed.

Myself personally, kids a gamer, a very good game manager, and yes, Tua is getting his game back in my humble opinion. Durability I think is the question however.

Thanks, for allowing me to explain.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Figster said:

Its never been all about ball velocity for Tua. The quick release and ability to drop passes into the receiver with pin point accuracy is what makes him good IMO. The QB rating was to show there was no glaring in game mistakes that jump out at you. My comment on his past is based on Tua being the best Alabama QB I have personally witnessed.

Myself personally, kids a gamer, a very good game manager, and yes, Tua is getting his game back in my humble opinion. Durability I think is the question however.

Thanks, for allowing me to explain.

Or he's a limited arm strength, one read QB who benefitted from future All-Pros surrounding him in Alabama?

He struck gold with two blown coverages.  His limitations were abundantly clear in the red zone and on other pass attempts.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, GG1 said:

Or he's a limited arm strength, one read QB who benefitted from future All-Pros surrounding him in Alabama?

He struck gold with two blown coverages.  His limitations were abundantly clear in the red zone and on other pass attempts.

I don't mean to make to much out of one game. More his body of work this season and Tuas overall development. It looks like the speed of the game is slowing down. I've also seen good velocity on throws when needed. The biggest most important thing though is Tua's natural ability to drop footballs in on a dime is coming back IMO.

If I'm Miami I'm staying the course with Flores and the young gun they call Tua...

7 minutes ago, Figster said:

If I'm Miami I'm staying the course with Flores and the young gun they call Tua...

As a Bills fan, I also hope they do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GG1 said:

As a Bills fan, I also hope they do.

I like good competition within our Division. If you think back to the Marino vs Kelly days. The shoot outs between the two made the Buffalo Bills a better football team. Being a Bama fan its hard not to get some enjoyment out of playing Bama QB's 4 times a season.  Again on Sunday should they advance.

I take Josh over all QB's, so its all good. 

• Like 1