Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dolphins Chat

B-Man

Report: Brian Flores told Tua the Dolphins were pursuing Deshaun Watson before their preseason finale

Former Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores reportedly told Tua Tagovailoa prior to the team’s final 2021 preseason game that it was trying to acquire Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen offered that bit of information during the network’s Super Bowl preview.

“Sources say that in the final preseason game before the Dolphins played the [Cincinnati] Bengals, ironically, Flores told Tua that the rumors were true,” Mortensen said. “They were trying to get Deshaun Watson in a trade.”

</snip>

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

good thing the Bills kept Dorsey to be OC.

a whole lot of uncertainty being hired around the league to be OC

It's a thankless job.  No one is ever happy with their OC.   They always suck and do head-scratching things, even though very few fans understand the nuance of the job or how any one guy screwing up will likely blow up the chance of a that play's success.

Moreover, they don't understand setups - plays that are put in and likely won't have a good outcome but are put in to give you chance at a shot play later.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 2:19 PM, Ann said:

Report: Brian Flores told Tua the Dolphins were pursuing Deshaun Watson before their preseason finale

Former Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores reportedly told Tua Tagovailoa prior to the team’s final 2021 preseason game that it was trying to acquire Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen offered that bit of information during the network’s Super Bowl preview.

“Sources say that in the final preseason game before the Dolphins played the [Cincinnati] Bengals, ironically, Flores told Tua that the rumors were true,” Mortensen said. “They were trying to get Deshaun Watson in a trade.”

</snip>

Its funny…..the lawsuit makes me question if that really happened or is standard plaintiff character attack.

But the lawsuit also makes it easier to believe Flores would do something as egregiously unprofessional as that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Miami Dolphins can add to their cap space by cutting these players

by: Brian Miller Fansided: Phin Phanatic16s

The Miami Dolphins are set to have more than $60 million cap space this year and that is one of the highest amounts in the NFL but they could have more. 

The article’s author would have done everyone a favor if he’d just put the position next to the name. 

Alaska Darin
2 minutes ago, Ann said:

OMG!

OMG.jpg.3b16ac40b2ec98e6aa0b0401bf7f0c7e.jpg

Was he getting ready to announce his 2024 POTUS Bid?  That's a "Let's Go Brandon" level answer, so dude is clearly qualified.

• Haha 1

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

Was he getting ready to announce his 2024 POTUS Bid?  That's a "Let's Go Brandon" level answer, so dude is clearly qualified.

I thought it was more "damned with faint praise." 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
Just now, Ann said:

I thought it was more "damned with faint praise." 

Nothing says "that's my QB" like "I can't say he won't be good someday."  Yet Flores got fired? 

Fish gonna Fish.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's this level answer...

BloomCountyLooseTailsHoffapg25top.jpg

• Wow 1
  • Haha 4

Arm of Harm
11 hours ago, Ann said:

Good news!

tua.jpg.eb13c09824b6b550885290544b6897dd.jpg

tua-1.jpg.87f9141725cc755b4fbaf5c623268748.jpg

The Dolphins believe in Tua’s development in year three. I believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. It will be interesting to see whose beliefs get discredited first! 😌

Edited by Arm of Harm
Autocorrect
  • Haha 4